Lavalier Mic Options for Pocket 2
3740 4 2021-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peynir6suyutozu
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi,

I have Pocket 2 without the Do-it-all handle. I still want to use an external universal lav mic that I can also use with my iPhone.

I also have Rode Wireless Go II, but I need a cold shoe adapter and I think it will be easier to plug a lav mic in directly.

First of all, does the 3.5mm adapter work fine with Pocket 2? (This one https://store.dji.com/nl/product/osmo-pocket-3-5mm-adapter)

I was thinking to buy a Rode SmartLav+ but saw that topic https://forum.dji.com/thread-37134-1-1.html It says Pocket doesn't work with Rode SmartLav Plus. Is it the same with Pocket 2?

What lav mic would you suggest me?

Thanks.
2021-7-28
Use props
peynir6suyutozu
lvl.2
Netherlands

I also saw Boya BY-M3-OP which is a lav mic specifically for DJI Osmo Pocket, but don't know if it works with Pocket 2. And I think it ONLY works with Pocket and not with other types of devices even with a connector.
2021-7-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

According to DJI themselves, the Osmo Pocket 3,5mm adapter should also work with Pocket 2.

As for the Rode SmartLav+, I haven't personally tested if it works when connected directly to the DIA Handle, but I also have the Wireless Microphone unit and the SmartLav+, and when I connected the SmartLav+ to the Wireless Microphone unit and tested it, it seemed to work just like it was supposed to. So my guess is the SmartLav+ can be used with the Pocket 2.

I can test this myself later on and report here if it works.

EDIT: The thread you linked seemed to refer the earlier, bigger Osmo, not Osmo Pocket. Also, even with the bigger model, it can be used if you buy a separate adapter. I do believe it also works with the original Osmo Pocket if you have the 3,5mm adapter.

2021-7-28
Use props
peynir6suyutozu
lvl.2
Turkey

HGDC84 Posted at 7-28 12:54
According to DJI themselves, the Osmo Pocket 3,5mm adapter should also work with Pocket 2.

As for the Rode SmartLav+, I haven't personally tested if it works when connected directly to the DIA Handle, but I also have the Wireless Microphone unit and the SmartLav+, and when I connected the SmartLav+ to the Wireless Microphone unit and tested it, it seemed to work just like it was supposed to. So my guess is the SmartLav+ can be used with the Pocket 2.

Thanks! I think I will still need a TRRS to TRS adapter since the 3.5mm adapter only works on TRS plugs.
2021-7-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

peynir6suyutozu Posted at 7-28 13:10
Thanks! I think I will still need a TRRS to TRS adapter since the 3.5mm adapter only works on TRS plugs.

You may be right, I have no personal experience on the DJI's 3,5mm adapter so cannot confirm for sure. Hope you find out a solution that gets you the results you wish (and hopefully doesn't cost too much!)
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules