Mavic Air 2 with I pad mini
669 4 2021-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobhunt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26099 ft
United States

Still learning to fly my new Mavic air 2 and the more I fly the more I get confused.
I was using a apple i phone 8 + but the screen was too small and the phone had issues so I decided to get a I-pad mini .
I purchased a mini 2nd generation and on my first flight I got a signal that the CPU was at maximum and some functions would not work.
I did some more research, and found that the Fly app only supported the I-pad 4th generation.
So I got one and had the same issue.
It takes a lot of research to find out what works and doesn't . I have trouble navigating this forum for answers .
Any help would be appreciated.  Bob
2021-7-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bob. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if you could limit the capacity of video cache that would save in the application and enable the automatically delete the old cache. In addition, the DJI Fly application will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU. When the CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get hot. Thank you.
2021-7-29
Use props
bobhunt
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for that suggestion .  The first day I flew the 2 air with the I pad mini 4, I had no issues it was on the next flight . after a few minutes of flight the gimble stopped moving and the transmission to the tablet was jerky.  
After purchasing the i -pad mini second generation and having the same issues , I did search and found that the DJI app was able to work with the Mini 4. But on my second flight i started having the issues.
I did purchase my drone new from a Authorized dealer via e-bay but there were a couple of things, that did  not jive and I have found no info on You tube or other sources.
1. All instructional videos refer to the tripod mode......... My Controller says Cine mode  , but it works the same way
2. One of the features that i liked in the reviews was the arrow on the Fly app screen that showed the direction of the drone . Not there and cant find  how to get it ,or why it was removed?
3. I have a USB issue ( comes up as not found or  defective) and when I decided to have the drone serviced using the on line request, it seems my serial number isn't correct.

All bitching aside I am loving the drone , my first, and will be scheduling my 107 exam next week, but I do wish there was a direct source of information ....like a manual.
2021-7-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Manuals are available under downloads -

https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-air-2/downloads
https://store.dji.com/guides/dji-fly-app-complete-user-guide/

Also the 'products' section of this forum is a much better place to post.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2021-7-29
Use props
bobhunt
lvl.1
United States

Thanks a bunch.....Bob
2021-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules