5965 16 2021-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FP63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13517 ft
France

Hi guys
I used today for the first time the DJI underwater casing with my pocket 2 . Had a lot of fun with the kids in a deep swimming pool ! And very happy of the results. But how the hell do you turn out the pocket 2 without having to open the underwater case to do it? I tried to find the info on tutorial but nowhere could I found anything about it! I can’t imagine that DJI didn’t think about that when they created the case! You can turn it on but never turn it off????
2021-8-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there FP63. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-8-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I guess there is no other way than to either:
a) not operate the camera (when not recording) and wait for the automatic shutdown to start, or
b) take it out of the waterproof case and turn it off (though that's not certainly an option underwater!)

That indeed seems like a misthought in design.
2021-8-4
Use props
FP63
lvl.1
France

HGDC84 Posted at 8-4 05:14
I guess there is no other way than to either:
a) not operate the camera (when not recording) and wait for the automatic shutdown to start, or
b) take it out of the waterproof case and turn it off (though that's not certainly an option underwater!)

Your right ! But waiting for the camera to shut down is such bad option if you want to preserve battery charge ☹️
2021-8-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

FP63 Posted at 8-4 12:40
Your right ! But waiting for the camera to shut down is such bad option if you want to preserve battery charge ☹️

Yeah, it has to be admitted that in that perspective, it's not really a convenient option.

They should have just included a way to use the power button in the case.
2021-8-6
Use props
FP63
lvl.1
France

Exactly! One more button on the right side
2021-8-6
Use props
FP63
lvl.1
France

I’m definitely not a genius when it comes to programming but maybe I have an idea for DJI technicians. Before putting the pocket 2 into the underwater casing, you need to go into the accessory menu and switch on the underwater mode. They just have to link this action to the way the mode button works on the underwater casing . Let me explain.: At this moment you press once to power the unit on the mode button on the casing . If you press more then 2 seconds, you are locking the display witch is completely unusable in the casing ! They just have to change that action in the underwater mode that will power off the unit pressing more then two seconds on the mode button instead of locking the display. What do you thinking about  that DJI?
2021-8-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

FP63 Posted at 8-7 00:43
I’m definitely not a genius when it comes to programming but maybe I have an idea for DJI technicians. Before putting the pocket 2 into the underwater casing, you need to go into the accessory menu and switch on the underwater mode. They just have to link this action to the way the mode button works on the underwater casing . Let me explain.: At this moment you press once to power the unit on the mode button on the casing . If you press more then 2 seconds, you are locking the display witch is completely unusable in the casing ! They just have to change that action in the underwater mode that will power off the unit pressing more then two seconds on the mode button instead of locking the display. What do you thinking about  that DJI?

Something like that or pressing the mode button a certain amount of times could do the trick, and I also believe it wouldn't be that hard to implement in an update. But the engineers probably know it best... Hopefully this would be possible.
2021-8-9
Use props
FP63
lvl.1
France

You are right … like pressing 4 Times
2021-8-10
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Certain features don't function in "Pro" mode. Are we using Pro mode?
2021-8-10
Use props
FP63
lvl.1
France

Yes I am using pro mode cause , I want to have the best setting for my video ! Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe only effects are disable in pro mode. ( which I never used) . I will try to turn pro mode out and see if it changes any setting on the mode button
2021-8-11
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

FP63 Posted at 8-11 07:21
Yes I am using pro mode cause , I want to have the best setting for my video ! Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe only effects are disable in pro mode. ( which I never used) . I will try to turn pro mode out and see if it changes any setting on the mode button

I do know that with my extension rod, the function button doesn't turn off the Pocket when in pro mode. I have to remove it from the rod to turn it off.
2021-8-11
Use props
FP63
lvl.1
France

I FOUND IT ! After switching the pocket 2 into the underwater mode in the function menu don’t follow DJI tutorial and power off the unit with the power button in the right side but instead stay in that menu and scroll left until you come to an icon of the underwater casing. From this page you are powering out the unit and after putting into the casing you can power the unit by pressing briefly on the mode button and to switch out just press longer on the same button. That’s all , problem solved
2021-8-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

FP63 Posted at 8-12 00:04
I FOUND IT ! After switching the pocket 2 into the underwater mode in the function menu don’t follow DJI tutorial and power off the unit with the power button in the right side but instead stay in that menu and scroll left until you come to an icon of the underwater casing. From this page you are powering out the unit and after putting into the casing you can power the unit by pressing briefly on the mode button and to switch out just press longer on the same button. That’s all , problem solved

Glad to hear you found a solution. Also, great that you brought it out here so everyone else can know it too. :-)
2021-8-13
Use props
fans575abe9f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210157 ft
Poland

FP63 Posted at 8-7 00:43
I’m definitely not a genius when it comes to programming but maybe I have an idea for DJI technicians. Before putting the pocket 2 into the underwater casing, you need to go into the accessory menu and switch on the underwater mode. They just have to link this action to the way the mode button works on the underwater casing . Let me explain.: At this moment you press once to power the unit on the mode button on the casing . If you press more then 2 seconds, you are locking the display witch is completely unusable in the casing ! They just have to change that action in the underwater mode that will power off the unit pressing more then two seconds on the mode button instead of locking the display. What do you thinking about  that DJI?

Thank you!!
2021-8-28
Use props
Dieter von der Heide
New

Germany

It depends on what underwater case you own. With the original black DJI case it is possible only to film towards the window of that case in that strange angle. But you can power down with control button in the uw case mode.
If you own a third party underwater case the uw case mode is useless cause the strange angle of the gimbal is only usefull for the DJI case.
If you own a case with windows to the front, rear and top you are not forced to use the underwater mode and you can change into selfie mode or tourch mode as well. As you not can reach the shutdown  button to shut off you have to wait 5 minutes until the gimbal shuts off automatically. Not perfect but you can use the Gimbal even under water like you intent to do. No opening of the case is necessary and battery consumption in stand by 5 minutes is not that much.
2022-7-7
Use props
jacquespilon196
lvl.2
Canada

Pressing the two button at the same time for a few seconds will turn it off... It did for me and I tried it a few time to makle sure...
3-9 11:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules