Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

So to start off here is my set up:

Phantom 3 Pro (No Mods)
Firmware up to date. 1.20 app / 1.2.6 bird
iPad Mini 2 w/ latest updates and in Airplane mode.

Every time I fly, and I do mean every time, I get continuous lost signal.  When it happens I still have a green status light and control over the bird but lose video feed as well as current status inputs from the bird (speed, alt, location, etc).  In order to fix it all I have to do is unplug the cable and plug it right back in (either tx or iPad side) and it is immediately fixed until it happens again.  Sometimes it happens almost back to back and sometimes it goes 5 - 10 mins.  I have tried several perfect condition iPhone 6 cables and continues to happen.  I have tried using my iPhone 6 as well and it did the same thing.  I have deleted app, completely reset iPad to factory, restarted both many times with same outcome.  I have also tried different locations with same results.  It even happens while I have them 1 foot away while flying simulator.  I have never, no once had a prompt to "Trust this Device" even after the factory reset.  Any ideas?

2015-7-25
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

DJI please feel free to chime in.  I have spoke to a Rep on the phone at the US location but he seemed very perplexed by it and offered no help other than to say it might be a bad Tx USB.  Is there anyone there that may have any ideas?  If it is indeed a bad USB could I buy the upgraded HDMI add-on to fix the problem?
2015-7-25
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

How many employees does DJI actually have. I have not seen many customer reps here in this forum. The support reps probably double as sales staff as that is their main priority. To get your $ dollars first, come up with a firmware update that does absolutely nothing but destroy the flight characteristics of what once was a stable quad copter before 1.2.6 came out. Now in their silence, they are dumbfounded as what to do.. They are used car salesmen that do not care. It's been two months of begging from the users for help. They say try this, or that when all they are doing is concentrating on how to Sell, Sell Sell... We are in a different country so do you think that they really care about your hobby?
2015-7-25
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

stevedunk Posted at 2015-7-26 05:07
How many employees does DJI actually have. I have not seen many customer reps here in this forum. Th ...

Everything ok Steve?  You seem a bit stressed out man.  Oh and by the way, none of that helped me out.  But thanks for the bump.
2015-7-25
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-26 05:22
Everything ok Steve?  You seem a bit stressed out man.  Oh and by the way, none of that helped me  ...

Sorry Jhall. Ive been waiting patiently for a firmware that is reliable. Yes Im stressed. I purchased this unit in late May with version 1.1.8 which was perfect. The day I updated, everything went haywire. Check out the thread in this forum over the new firmware and see how many users are grounded.. I rely on this for ABC and NBC News footage
2015-7-25
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I have never, no once had a prompt to "Trust this Device" even after the factory reset.  Any ideas?

Aren't they supposed to give that warning on IOS? I am wondering if the IPAD is kicking it off. Is it the same amount of time when you are disconnected?
2015-7-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-7-26 05:45
I have never, no once had a prompt to "Trust this Device" even after the factory reset.  Any ideas?

Jim, that was the comment that caught my attention.  I always get the "Trust" message.  Sometimes more than once.  I fly with the same iPad Mini 2.  Jhall have you turned on hardware decoding?  What is the ambient temperature that you are flying in?   
2015-7-25
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-26 05:59
Jim, that was the comment that caught my attention.  I always get the "Trust" message.  Sometimes m ...

Yes. And I was wondering if it always lost connection at the same amount of time. If so, I would definitely think it was the IPAD'S security kicking in.
2015-7-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

We will have to see with the OP says.
2015-7-25
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried it with setting custom channels instead of auto in the lightbridge settings?

if not, try channel 20 - custom.
2015-7-25
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-7-26 05:59
Jim, that was the comment that caught my attention.  I always get the "Trust" message.  Sometimes m ...

I agree I think it is the iPad that is disconnecting.  I have turned on hardware decoding and the ambient temp today was like between 75 - 80 F.  I have also reset iPad back to factory and still never gotten the "trust" message.  I need to find out how to force it.  I get it when I hook it up to my iMac but not the drone.
2015-7-25
Use props
f.maier
lvl.1

Austria

I agree ..  this looks like ipad problem .. or cable problem...can you try to use another Tablet or phone to solve if the problem still is there or if it will fix the problem ?

Also try to use different USB Cables between Controller and ipad...
Be sure to have good USB cables... cheep china cables for apple phones and tablets often bringing many problems... same like everyone knows about charging errors...

2015-7-25
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

My secret is get the shortest length of a cable and do not use the standard iPad cable that came with the iPad as you loose a lot of bandwidth on the transfer.
2015-7-25
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

f.maier Posted at 2015-7-26 10:23
I agree ..  this looks like ipad problem .. or cable problem...can you try to use another Tablet or  ...

I have tried another device.  I tried my iPhone 6.  It also never prompted me to "trust this device" and like I mentioned I have tried 2 different iPhone 6 cables that were in perfect condition as well as a new 3rd party shorter cable.  All have the same results.
2015-7-25
Use props
f.maier
lvl.1

Austria

Did you try an android device ?
Maby there is an problem with the internal usb port. For a short test you can try out to put an active usb switch between controller and ipad. And try to keep the cotroller on a table with fixed position.. Maby there is an broken cable at the usb port
2015-7-26
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

f.maier Posted at 2015-7-26 18:47
Did you try an android device ?
Maby there is an problem with the internal usb port. For a short tes ...

Thanks for all the help f.maier. What is an active usb switch?
2015-7-26
Use props
f.maier
lvl.1

Austria

Usb switch with power supply
2015-7-26
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

f.maier Posted at 2015-7-26 23:16
Usb switch with power supply

Oh.  I've never seen or used one.  Do you have a link for one you would recommend?
2015-7-26
Use props
stevedunk
lvl.2

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-27 00:46
Oh.  I've never seen or used one.  Do you have a link for one you would recommend?

Hi jhall,

The DJI bugs are not limited to the Phantom 3 series. Check the youtube videos on the DJI Inspire 1 series and observe that DJI acknowledges that there were bugs in certain firmware updates. Hope this helps and hope that DJI will have a fix soon. Its not your USB Cable!. My P3 Pro had no problems with signal loss until the 1.2.6 firm ware update. I then experienced signal loss in my IOS mini pad ever since..
2015-7-28
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

stevedunk Posted at 2015-7-29 04:43
Hi jhall,

The DJI bugs are not limited to the Phantom 3 series. Check the youtube videos on the D ...

Roger that stevedunk.  Thanks for the help.  I figured it had to be software.  At first it scared me but it's not a huge deal right now as I have never actually lost connection with the bird.   I simply pull cable out and put it back in and done.  I do look forward to it being fixed, but can wait.  
2015-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules