The toughest decision I've made for my mini
865 8 2021-8-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

I started flying drones since 14 years ago and to own a DJI drone was my dream but alas, I've never thought that there will ever be a day for having me making the decision to give up flying my mini and banished it into storeroom like it never existed in less than a year not by the reason of getting bored of it but because of the lack of commitment to upgrade better technology on firmware on Mini to keep it afloat from its creator.. So sad and disappointed..
2021-8-5
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sold my last drone 3 months ago for the same reason(M2pro), and I am hoping that the Mavic 3 coming out this year(hoping) that it will be better to where it will get me flying again.
2021-8-5
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

While will agree that it is annoying that DJI is largely ignoring the original Mini, it still flies as well as it did on the day that it was new.  Yes, there are feature requests that many of us would like to see - and likely never will, but those features did not exist when you or I bought our original Minis a year or so ago.  Just because it has not improved does not seem to be a good reason to stop flying it.  No different than my 18 year old pickup truck has not improved since the day I bought it.  In fact is some ways it has degraded, but I was still quite happy to put almost 2,400 miles on it in a couple weeks of a vacation in July.

Like Lucas, I am watching to see what comes out with the Mavic 3 Pro, but I am still enjoying my Mini.  Current expectation is that I will keep the Mini if/when I do get a M3P.
2021-8-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

join the club.  a whole bunch of things (from cars to electronics to services) are not be updated or handled properly....for various reasons.  you can either hang in there or throw in the towel but it's going to take generation changes to make stuff happen.
2021-8-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Where did people get the idea that they can buy DJI's cheapest entry-level drone and DJI will magically upgrade it in the future to be a better drone?
It doesn't work that way with any other product, why expect it for drones?
Get real.

For the OP .. if you want more than your Mini, then go out and buy it, instead of waiting for the fairies to bring one for you.
2021-8-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Labroides Posted at 8-5 16:44
Where did people get the idea that they can buy DJI's cheapest entry-level drone and DJI will magically upgrade it in the future to be a better drone?
It doesn't work that way with any other product, why expect it for drones?
Get real.

It is software based improvements OP was talking about. Doable for any drones depending on some coded program. It is not a Hyundai to Ferrari transformation where the difference is largely material and form based.

For the OP, software improvements costs time and money. Original Mini is getting phased out so there is not much drive to improve it for DJI. They did keep updating the drone after release with more features like better GUI, white balance bar, bad prop detection etc. I think it is only a matter of time DJI drops the work on it and the practice is quite common for electronics. Luckily the mini stopped at a fairly good spot without critical issues. I say you should fly it and not think it is inferior because DJI is not giving it more love. If you require more fancy features, I suggest you consider buying a unit that has the feature because you will pay to support DJI's development of such features when purchasing.
2021-8-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The computer in my 1998 Firebird Trans Am car never got an update it it's life and it still works fine. You get what you paid for, don't expect more later. My pc, TV, microwave oven, phone, stereo, HVAC system and digital camera, to name just a few, all have firmware update capability but have never gotten any. Good for DJI to offer some.
2021-8-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried Litchi?  Adds some neat functions to Mini.

2021-8-6
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Why did you buy it if it didn’t include features you think are essential? What is missing that you feel it needs to have?
2021-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules