Flickering Lights in Videos
1658 7 2021-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Hi, I Have Flickering Lights in Videos. How to Fix?

DJI_0320.MP4_snapshot_00.01.105.jpg

2021-8-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

If the light does not flicker in front of your own eyes and only in the video, then it is the beat frequency between you shutter speed and the lights natural frequency which is close to each others. Try to change the shutter speed a bit and it should go away.
2021-8-8
Use props
AussieDronePilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1942792 ft
Australia

Shutter speed and the frequency of the power the light uses (if I recall correctly, most power operates around 50 to 60 Hz).

https://urbanvideo.ca/avoid-video-flicker
2021-8-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

While getting started I flew a lot around my front yard and there are several LED perimeter lights around the house, sometimes lit in a cloudy daytime. I noticed that they all were flickering in the drone videos. That happens in designs that use pulse modulation in the lights like some LED's. Older 50 or 60 HZ incandescent lights do the same but to much less of an extent.
2021-8-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there LoveYou. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to change the shutter speed on the DJI Fly application to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2021-8-8
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Taiwan

GaryDoug Posted at 8-8 18:41
While getting started I flew a lot around my front yard and there are several LED perimeter lights around the house, sometimes lit in a cloudy daytime. I noticed that they all were flickering in the drone videos. That happens in designs that use pulse modulation in the lights like some LED's. Older 50 or 60 HZ incandescent lights do the same but to much less of an extent.

Yeah, just as Gary said, some lights are just different. They have a different frequency other than those 50/60Hz lights and there's not much you can do about them in forehand. Maybe you can do de-flickering in post.
2021-8-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

According to Google, the power mains frequency in Greece is 50 Hz, therefore choose a frame rate of 25 or 50 fps. That should solve your problem.
2021-8-8
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The modulation of LED light controls can be any frequency the designer chooses, not just the local line frequency. Some are many kHz.
2021-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules