Stop auto adjustment camera
1194 9 2015-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi there!

I'm having some slight problems with the DJI P3 Pro concidering the camera. When flying from darker spots to lighter spots (which is very often in my case) and having the exposure and ISO to manual (no AE), the camera keeps adjusting itself in steps.

Here are 2 examples shots, not editted or graded to give a an idea what's the problem.

Is there any way to solve this problem, are is it a limitation of the camera? If i grade the footage, the steps the camera makes are really visible.
If i take a look at these shots I see the same movements but with no issues at all:

Thanks for the help!

2015-7-26
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Solution : AE lock ! (on iOS it is on the top right of the screen)
2015-7-26
Use props
Rene.io
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thanks Ulysse, although I have tried that during other attempts at these locations and didn't seem to effect the "stops" in the camera brightness...
2015-7-26
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

When in manual mode the EV value is only an indication about the difference between your current settings and what is measured. Don't know if it is the same when usine AE lock (I have to check this) but it works as it has to do : exposure (ISO and shutter speed) is locked, leading to over or under exposition depending on the scene and light changes.
2015-7-26
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Great footage!  No guts, no glory I must say.. flying through the trees  and seagulls LOL
2015-7-26
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Can't help you in this but great shots !
2015-7-26
Use props
bradneal24
lvl.3
United States

Very gutsy maneuvering through some of those obstacles. I was so taken by the composition, that I didn't t even notice the auto adjustments.
2015-7-26
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

dude i think you need an fpv racer not a phantom. lol great flying amazing!
2015-7-26
Use props
Rene.io
lvl.1

Netherlands

Note to you all: first video is mine, second is not..... The second video is an example to show you that this footage has no auto adjusting, and mine (the first video) does...
2015-7-27
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rene.io, are you sure the exposure is set to manual mode? If it is, the button (with the three lines) should be blue in the bottom, right corner of the DJI Pilot app. Like this:

P3-Home.png

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules