There is good reason to hate DJI
1743 12 2021-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_
lvl.3
United States

I should absolutely not have to "activate" a dji osmo pocket, or osmo action, or any of the other dji products for that matter. There is absolutely no reason that benefits the customer more than it benefits DJI. I came here to say you DJI. I immediately uninstalled dji mimo after your BS, completely unnecessary, no benefit to me, "activation". you DJI!

You require login on a recently updated DJI GO app, that almost everyone finds out when they get to the field? you DJI!

You put restructions on drones, requireing me to get hacked firmsware to bypass, just to enable the ability to fly anywhere, at any altitude, at max speed, without any restructions. It is not your place to attempt to "regulate" customers and try to control their products after they have purchased them. you DJI!

The osmo pocket and osmo action absolutely do not NEED to be activated. The device can easily just STFU and work, but no, piece of S** DJI decided they wanted to "require" it. YOU DJI!!!

Get your piece of, authoritarian hands off of my products after I bought them! YOU DJI!!!

2021-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi David, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused, we understand your feeling.
Just to clarify, activation is the first step to use the DJI products. Doing so enhances the overall customer experience, ensures the product is genuine and new, and allows them to purchase extended warranty services like DJI Care even after the product has been purchased from an authorized retailer.
User's feedback is important to us, we will note your feedback and let our engineers notice it. If there is any suggestion, please feel free to let us know, we will also record it and we will keep optimizing our product usage experience. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-8-17
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-17 22:54
Hi David, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused, we understand your feeling.
Just to clarify, activation is the first step to use the DJI products. Doing so enhances the overall customer experience, ensures the product is genuine and new, and allows them to purchase extended warranty services like DJI Care even after the product has been purchased from an authorized retailer.
User's feedback is important to us, we will note your feedback and let our engineers notice it. If there is any suggestion, please feel free to let us know, we will also record it and we will keep optimizing our product usage experience. Thank you for your understanding.

Incorrect.

Lots of personal data is sent to DJI in china when activating. That is the goal of activating.

"Activating" does not "enhance customer experience". The device can just turn on and work, like it is supposed to. This is obvious.

You don't care about this feedback. The upper management has decided that it desperately wants this customer personal data and therefore will always force the unnecessary "Activation" in order to force the user to allow the DJI app to send the user's personal data to DJI in china.

I'm thinking that constantly buyingh and returning DJI products on amaon, and constantly leaving bad reviews, will help make up for this offense. DJI deserves to be punished.

2021-8-18
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Mimo app sends all personal data to DJI in china

I was wondering why an unnecesssary fake "activation" is forcefully required for all of DJI's products. Turns out DJI execs decided years ago that they wanted to get in the business of collecting and sellling american's personal data. Therefore, it was decided that all products would require "activation" using one of the DJI apps, and agreeing (via the EULA) to allow DJI to harvest and send all personal data it can find on your device to DJI in china. This is why their products don't just turn on and work like they are supposed to.

The solution for now is to uninstall any DJI apps from your phone/tablet.

2021-8-18
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

DJI apps send all personal data to DJI in china

I was wondering why an unnecesssary fake "activation" is forcefully  required for all of DJI's products. Turns out DJI execs decided years  ago that they wanted to get in the business of collecting and sellling  american's personal data. Therefore, it was decided that all products  would require "activation" using one of the DJI apps, and agreeing (via  the EULA) to allow DJI to harvest and send all personal data it can find  on your device to DJI in china. This is why their products don't just  turn on and work like they are supposed to.

The solution for now is to uninstall any DJI apps from your phone/tablet.

2021-8-18
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

If you look at what many if not most apps collect, you may be surprised.
2021-8-18
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Why does DJI scan my phone and send all personal data to china?

Read the user agreements that you are agreeing to. DJI forces you to send all of your private data to china in order to use a product that you own. Of course you shouldn't have to install and app and "activate" to use a action camera, or a drone, or anything actually, but DJI absolutely MUST have all of your data.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/custom ... amp;ASIN=B08J7FL57P

2021-8-23
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

Read the user agreements that you are agreeing to. DJI forces you to send all of your private data to china in order to use a product that you own. Of course you shouldn't have to install and app and "activate" to use a action camera, or a drone, or anything actually, but DJI absolutely MUST have all of your data.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3GFU36MQR0SNO/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B08J7FL57P

2021-8-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

So do you have a trustworthy source?
2021-8-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im on iPhone and that doesn't happen.
2021-8-23
Use props
David_
lvl.3
United States

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R3GFU36MQR0SNO/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B08J7FL57P

2021-8-24
Use props
Jonatan.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

DAFlys Posted at 8-23 23:08
Im on iPhone and that doesn't happen.

hmmm as if iPhone does not need users to activate the phone before using it.
2021-8-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

David_ Posted at 8-24 07:13

Hi David, we are sorry if there is any inconvenience caused. Just to emphasize, activation is the first step to use the DJI products. Doing so enhances the overall customer experience, ensures the product is genuine and new, and allows them to purchase extended warranty services like DJI Care even after the product has been purchased from an authorized retailer.
We understand how important data security is for the people, businesses and government agencies that rely on our platforms. As the industry leader, DJI has a responsibility to inform our customers exactly what data we have, how we use it, and how we keep it safe. Your data is none of our business.
We had also noted your feedback and let the corresponding team notice it. Please feel free to contact us if you encounter any other trouble using the product.
Please do not keep posting the same thread/topic in the forum. Hope your understanding.
2021-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules