App "Disconnected" Mid-Flight
1280 3 2015-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
agerety
lvl.1

United States

I was flying my P3 about 2,500ft out, near a waterfall, when all of a sudden the app completely disconnected. I obvisouly went in full panic mode and tried quiting and reloading the app with no success. I also unplugged the Apple lightning cable and reconnected it and that didnt work either. Thankfully the RC still worked so I was able to fly it back and use the sound of it to locate and land it.

Now ive flow it multiple times since, not in that area, and its never done it again. Im just curious on if this issue is common with other P3 operators, and why this would ever happen. And to be clear im not talking about when the app says "No Signal". This was a complete dissconect. No gps. No video feed. No RTH. Absoultely no communication with the app and drone.

2015-7-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you device have a thermal shut down?  If not I would remove and reinstall the App.  Make sure that you have no other apps running in the background.  There may have been some kind of conflict between apps on your device.
2015-8-2
Use props
jipmars
lvl.2

Netherlands

I didn't have a disconnect using my iPhone 6 but two total reset/reboot of ios. Once during the firmware upgrade of my bird and a second time during a flight. No other apps running in the background. Flew my bird back using the rth-button to get visual contact. I think this error is Apple related because my son flew that moment with the same config and iPhone 6 without any problems.

Once my iPhone restarted I continued the flight. During this flight several times the message "weak image transmission" and black screens. This never happened before with the older version flying on the same location.
2015-8-5
Use props
agerety
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-8-3 12:39
Did you device have a thermal shut down?  If not I would remove and reinstall the App.  Make sure th ...

No thermal shut down. Good call on closing all other apps, will make sure I make that a habit before flight. I actually had it happen again to me the other day. The aircraft was only 50 ft from me at least. Im hoping with the new app update that this doesn't happen again...
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules