Poor Raw pictures from air 2 s
3222 3 2021-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Newfie
New
United Kingdom

Hi all looking for a few pointers and advicewhat am I doing wrong, I have taken pictures with a new air 2s in JPEG and Raw format. When I zoom in to the RAW pictures they are very poor resolution the JPEG ones are fine and I can zoom in a great deal with no image detioration but the RAW ones even before zooming in you can tell the image is poor. One other point before someone asks I cant seem to upload the images as the files are to big, again what am doing wrong.
Thanks in advance.

2021-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. RAW format is different to JPEG format, RAW aims to save photo information in the most authentic way. Photos are neither compressed nor processed. The image display is dark and later color adjustment is easier (this is more likely use if you want to perform post editing software). The image occupies more memory, often several times of a JPEG image. By contrast, JPEG directly outputs camera-optimized photos. Color and other parameters are optimized with no later processing required. Image can be used directly and do not occupy a lot of space. It is a format widely used to store and transfer photos on the Internet. Hope this helps. Thank you!
2021-8-23
Use props
Newfie
New
United Kingdom

Hi there Paladin thanks for the reply, I know there is a difference between the two files the JPEG file is 9.1MB and the RAW file is 39MB I thought I had seen on some tutorials demonstrating the benefits of shooting in Raw when the zoomed in on both pictures showing the difference. I was just wondering am I doing something wrong should the RAW file be viewed in a dedicated program at present I am just viewing on photos in Windows 10 and believe this should open them and view them fine!
2021-8-24
Use props
Ysmola
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi, bro. Windows 10 cannot open raw file directly. You have to use some other softwares to open it. Check this guidence link below, it might be helpful for you. https://www.howtogeek.com/427588/how-to-open-raw-image-files-on-windows-10/
2021-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules