Master AirScrew Props Too Much Lift?
931 10 2021-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VengefulHemi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3362310 ft
United States

I just installed my master airscrew orange props(got the red too) on the drone. These are so cool. much quieter and great looking. Here is the issue: while in sport mode and 3ft off the ground trying to keep low the road, the drone was lifting up as though the sensors were causing it to lift . After I put the new props on, I decided to calibrate the imu and the compass. This did not happen with the stock props. Did I make a mistake with these props? What is causing this?
2021-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if this issue still occurs even if you are flying beyond or as much higher than 3ft? In addition, since this propeller is a 3rd party accessory, we cannot guarantee the stability of this said propeller when used with the said unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-8-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did I make a mistake with these props? What is causing this?
Since no-one knows what you saw or has any data about it, no-one can answer your question.
But simply changing the props shouldn't give "too much lift" as everything is microprocessor controlled.
If you swapped to props of a different pitch, the flight controller would automatically adjust motor revs to keep performance within specs.
2021-8-29
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Easy enough...Just swap the OEM props and try again. When you are that close to the ground the optical sensors on the bottom, which can't be shut-off, are going to be affecting the positioning ( thinking it's landing ) and not let it go down. Also, there is a lot of prop effect at those levels which can cause weird turbulence.
2021-8-30
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-29 18:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if this issue still occurs even if you are flying beyond or as much higher than 3ft? In addition, since this propeller is a 3rd party accessory, we cannot guarantee the stability of this said propeller when used with the said unit. Thank you for your understanding and support!

This is really funny to me, so a 3rd party prop doesn't void your warranty but the use of a 3rd party app does. Keep it up DJI
2021-8-30
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Labroides Posted at 8-29 22:39
Did I make a mistake with these props? What is causing this?
Since no-one knows what you saw or has any data about it, no-one can answer your question.
But simply changing the props shouldn't give "too much lift" as everything is microprocessor controlled.

If you swapped to props of a different pitch, the flight controller would automatically adjust motor revs to keep performance within specs.

Thanks for your input on the forum. DJI should strongly consider making you an administrator.
2021-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ABeardedItalian Posted at 8-30 06:12
This is really funny to me, so a 3rd party prop doesn't void your warranty but the use of a 3rd party app does. Keep it up DJI

Sorry for the confusion. Both 3rd party app and 3rd party accessories can void a warranty if this is the cause of an incident. Hope this clarifies your query. Thank you!
2021-8-31
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 02:24
Sorry for the confusion. Both 3rd party app and 3rd party accessories can void a warranty if this is the cause of an incident. Hope this clarifies your query. Thank you!

Let be known that DJI mods might actually be human instead of copy paste machines, thank you for clearing that up as I'm use to the Copy Paste from other mods about anytime anyone mentions litchi. Here is a discussion of a real change to the drone and their was no mention of it which seemed really odd that a prop, a physical change in the drones performance didn't warrant a note about warranty.
2021-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

ABeardedItalian Posted at 8-31 04:09
Let be known that DJI mods might actually be human instead of copy paste machines, thank you for clearing that up as I'm use to the Copy Paste from other mods about anytime anyone mentions litchi. Here is a discussion of a real change to the drone and their was no mention of it which seemed really odd that a prop, a physical change in the drones performance didn't warrant a note about warranty.

Thank you for your response and we appreciate your understanding on this one. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries about your unit. Thank you, ABeardedItalian! Stay safe always.
2021-9-3
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

My UNIT gets plenty of lift..
2021-9-3
Use props
VengefulHemi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3362310 ft
United States

All is good with the drone now. Don't know what was going on.
2021-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules