ipad mini 4 maxed out .... always freezing
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roryMAC
lvl.2
South Africa

hi all

i am trying to use a ipad mini4, but its a bad experience... its always freezing...

mavic air 2 latest everything..... fly app and firmware...

why?

IS THE RAM TOO LOW ON MINI4?
2021-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there roryMAC. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to check if you could limit the capacity of video cache that would save in the application and enable the automatically delete the old cache. In addition, have you tried using a different recommended mobile device ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ) to see if the issue will still persist? The DJI Fly application will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU. When the CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get hot. Thank you.
2021-9-2
Use props
roryMAC
lvl.2
South Africa

thanks so much all for the responses

i posted here because unfortunately, this forum is very difficult to navigate.. apologies

To DJI Stephen, the message on the ipad mini is,  "mobile devise CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected.

DJI fly version - 1.4.8
aircraft firmware - 01.01.0610
flysafe Database - 01.00.01.23.

the ipad mini is mini 4 with the latest IOS software/version available... 14. something.... 64GB memory

when i do the flights for testing, im not recording a video... i am using smooth transmission....

the ipad is not have  a SIM card, only using  wifi......

its very frustrating..... internet says the ipad mini4 has 2 GB RAM.......?

when i use my android samsung A52 5G, 4 gb RAM its faultless....  128GB memory

i will try again with cache recording deactivated, but i feel i should not do this to get a good experience..

also a note... the ipad is completely wiped, ie its empty... nothing stored really on its memory with the exception of 4 small cache videos from previous flights....

FRUSTRATED...

thanks
2021-9-3
Use props
roryMAC
lvl.2
South Africa

Is there any help on my question?

Does anyone have advise on this issue?
2021-9-5
Use props
roryMAC
lvl.2
South Africa

where can i post this to get help please guys?
2021-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules