Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is wrong with my yaw?
3892 22 2021-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having a flight issue with the Air 2S.  I use the DJI Smart Controller and it appears when I use the Smart Controller (In any flight mode-including sport) that the yaw speed is insanely slow.  And I mean criminally slow.  It is almost un-flyable and I have tried everything including calibrations, etc.  It is really bad.  Does anyone else see this with the smart controller?  With the regular controller it is better but still not fast when compared to other drones

2021-9-5
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Maybe you moved the slider the middle of the SC to tripod mode.
2021-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Tony, sorry to read about the issue. May I know if you had tried the Smart Controller with your Mini 2? Does the issue exist when you fly with Mini 2? For your case, please try to refresh the latest firmware for the Air 2S via DJI Assistant 2 and try again. Make sure that the controller sticks have been calibrated.
If the issue persists, you can upload the flight record to the cloud and PM me your DJI account, export the flight data from the drone via DJI Assistant 2, upload the file to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide me with the link, I will check further about the case.
2021-9-5
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 9-5 19:53
Maybe you moved the slider the middle of the SC to tripod mode.

I wondered about that too, but confirmed that the slow taw issue happens in all three modes.
2021-9-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-5 19:56
Hi Tony, sorry to read about the issue. May I know if you had tried the Smart Controller with your Mini 2? Does the issue exist when you fly with Mini 2? For your case, please try to refresh the latest firmware for the Air 2S via DJI Assistant 2 and try again. Make sure that the controller sticks have been calibrated.
If the issue persists, you can upload the flight record to the cloud and PM me your DJI account, export the flight data from the drone via DJI Assistant 2, upload the file to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide me with the link, I will check further about the case.

Hello Susan, I will do that this morning and followup with you!  Thank you!
2021-9-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I am going to be retesting this am.  Just to be certain of a good test, I refreshed the Air 2S firmware connected to DJI Assistant on my computer.  I also am taking the step of having done a factory reset on the smart controller and refreshing the firmware on the controller also from the DJI Assistant.  I will see what happens!
2021-9-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Have you looked in the Advanced Gimbal settings in the Fly app? You can change the yaw settings there.
2021-9-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-6 09:41
Have you looked in the Advanced Gimbal settings in the Fly app? You can change the yaw settings there.

Oh my... gosh.   I did not.  I really thought that was for the gimbal only.  Thank you!  I caught this post while still st the field. and let me just tell you, this thing whips now.  You rock!!!!  And yes, I am embarrassed I did not know that but so glad you were cool.  I am one happy guy right now!
2021-9-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-6 10:22
Oh my... gosh.   I did not.  I really thought that was for the gimbal only.  Thank you!  I caught this post while still st the field. and let me just tell you, this thing whips now.  You rock!!!!  And yes, I am embarrassed I did not know that but so glad you were cool.  I am one happy guy right now!

There are several videos on how to set it. Basically, for the best cinematic video, slow yaw speed, high yaw smoothness. Goes the same for pitch. Play with it.
2021-9-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-6 11:27
There are several videos on how to set it. Basically, for the best cinematic video, slow yaw speed, high yaw smoothness. Goes the same for pitch. Play with it.

Thank you, yes, just did not know that was in there.  It was counter-intuitive to my way of thinking, and I just figured the yaw speed was hard coded.  Really appreciate you Mobilehomer - I would buy you a beer or your drink of choice any day!
2021-9-6
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Just one final follow-up - @Mobilehomer in case you know or anyone -  after changing the yaw settings on the gimbal advanced page, it appears that after landing, the settings are put back to a default value.  (At least on the smart controller.)   Any way to keep these static to what I set them to?
2021-9-6
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The setting remains in effect on the standard controller. I have no SC so can't advice there.
2021-9-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-6 12:17
Thank you, yes, just did not know that was in there.  It was counter-intuitive to my way of thinking, and I just figured the yaw speed was hard coded.  Really appreciate you Mobilehomer - I would buy you a beer or your drink of choice any day!

My standard controller maintains. My opinion, and it's just that, is either the app is jacked up, or the controller is. Try refreshing the firmware on the SC then reinstalling the app.
2021-9-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-7 08:38
My standard controller maintains. My opinion, and it's just that, is either the app is jacked up, or the controller is. Try refreshing the firmware on the SC then reinstalling the app.

Interesting.  Ok, I will do that.  I did refresh the controller completely the other day, but will consider do that again if it does not maintain.
2021-9-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-6 21:48
The setting remains in effect on the standard controller. I have no SC so can't advice there.

Thank you @GaryDoug for that.  Yes, I am thinking my SC needs some attention. :  )
2021-9-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 9-7 09:15
Thank you @GaryDoug for that.  Yes, I am thinking my SC needs some attention. :  )

Hi Tony, you may try to pair the drone to the standard controller, change the gimbal settings with the standard controller and change it back to the smart controller, see if the issue persists.
If so, please provide a video of the case and the current firmware version of the smart controller and the DJI Fly app version to me, I will forward this case to the engineers. Thanks for Mobilehomer's reminder as well.
2021-9-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-9 00:48
Hi Tony, you may try to pair the drone to the standard controller, change the gimbal settings with the standard controller and change it back to the smart controller, see if the issue persists.
If so, please provide a video of the case and the current firmware version of the smart controller and the DJI Fly app version to me, I will forward this case to the engineers. Thanks for Mobilehomer's reminder as well.

Thank you @DJI Susan and all.  I don't know what, when or why, but it appears my smart controller is properly holding the yaw and pitch settings now.  I don't know if it was just a glitch before or user error, (it happens) but all is working great!

Thank you all!  This was helpful!
2021-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 9-9 08:44
Thank you @DJI Susan and all.  I don't know what, when or why, but it appears my smart controller is properly holding the yaw and pitch settings now.  I don't know if it was just a glitch before or user error, (it happens) but all is working great!

Thank you all!  This was helpful!

Thank you for the delightful update, great to know it is now working well.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2021-9-14
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Check out DJI Mini2 Yaw Problem thread
2022-4-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 4-30 11:41
Check out DJI Mini2 Yaw Problem thread

Will do! Bob!  Thanks for the heads up.
2022-5-1
Use props
DroneGameChanger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to go to advanced gimbal setting and you can change the yaw settings.
2022-7-25
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DroneGameChanger Posted at 7-25 13:06
You need to go to advanced gimbal setting and you can change the yaw settings.

Yes, that was a long time ago.  Don't have that controller anymore.  It was a bug that kept forgetting the yaw setting.  
2022-7-25
Use props
DroneGameChanger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 7-25 15:32
Yes, that was a long time ago.  Don't have that controller anymore.  It was a bug that kept forgetting the yaw setting.

Alright. Glad you fixed it
2022-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules