Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
problems switching between camera and video mode
4682 4 2015-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bryan_rager
New

United States

New P3 user, less than month.  Flown about 10-12 flights and experienced an issue yesterday when switching back and forth from camera to video mode on DJI Pilot app w/my Samsung S5.  I was unable to switch back and forth from camera and video in mid-flight.  It was almost stuck and wouldn't allow me to switch back over to video mode after I took pics.  Also, the camera kept taking picture after picture without me even touching the screen or the buttons on the RC.  I uninstalled DJI Pilot app and reinstalled in this morning but have not had a chance to test.  Has anyone experienced similar problem?  Moreover, is swiping the tab on your smart device within DJI Pilot app the correct way to switch between camera and video, or should you use RC buttons?  Help. Bryan
2015-7-28
Use props
dansonamission
lvl.2
Flight distance : 469508 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same sort of problems.

Shoot some video, stop recording using RC button.
Take a photo using RC, my phone makes the shutter action noise, but then the shutter button on the app has a blue whirl around it and can't take another photo or shoot video until I land or land and switch the phantom off.

Pretty sure this only started happening since i switched on RAW+JPG. When this happens the JPG is saved but the RAW is zero in size.

Tested on the bench works fine, only seems to happen when flying. Tomorrow I will switch to just RAW or JPG.

Thanks

Advanced on 1.2.8
iPhone 6+
2015-7-29
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It appears that you camera may be set on burst mode or time-lapse.  Press and hold the record button down on the App and you will see the modes there.  You have to be in still mode no video to do this.
2015-8-2
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7801565 ft
United States

I am having the same problem. 4 days ago it was all working fine. I go to update everything to get ready for a big project and the next thing I know, I can't switch to video mode. It freezes then cycles back to camera mode. It will however let me use the camera mode as normal.

-x4s Camera

Did anyone ever find anything out?? I would be grateful for a response!
2018-2-10
Use props
Dreamer1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7801565 ft
United States

***Update***

I plugged into DJI Assistant to revert back to the previous firmware and still having the same issue. I also uninstalled the app on my ipad and reinstalled. Tried formatting the sdcard and even using a different one. Still nothing.

Running firmware 01.01.0200 after downgrading from 01.01.0300.
2018-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules