Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
We want autonomous mission (waypoints) for the Mini 2
12Next >
13187 41 2021-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

I am dissapointed that until now, this sinple task has not been integrated into our dji mini 2.

2021-9-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

See my reply to your other reply here
2021-9-12
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

No horizontal collision sensors is the reason on a Mini 2. So users could just slam into anything and blame the design. I banged my Mini 2 into a post on one of the first flights just 50 feet away and 2 feet off the ground; could you imagine the damage that could occur in autonomous mode?
2021-9-12
Use props
Switch639
First Officer
Germany

if we simply get allowance with a SDK and can use a 3rd party app, DJI could get outside of this blame design. I for one would pay to have this SDK to be able to do waypoints with Litchi
2021-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We totally understand your request for the said feature. We already sent a request to our designated team about this feature request and we are still waiting for an update. Kindly please subscribe to our official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-9-12
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

GaryDoug Posted at 9-12 21:47
No horizontal collision sensors is the reason on a Mini 2. So users could just slam into anything and blame the design. I banged my Mini 2 into a post on one of the first flights just 50 feet away and 2 feet off the ground; could you imagine the damage that could occur in autonomous mode?

Autonomous flight can be done perfectly when the pilot ensures that the planned waypoints are free of any obstacles.
2021-9-13
Use props
Hannibal_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 9-12 21:47

of the boathouse? were you steering your powerboat at the same time again?

2021-9-13
Use props
Hannibal_
Second Officer
Netherlands

it would be a nice option....

2021-9-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be a great function to add.  However, once the SDK is released I bet a 3rd party developer (i.e. Litchi) will make waypoints available.  The actual SDK release date is still unknown.  
2021-9-13
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK Posted at 9-13 00:32
Autonomous flight can be done perfectly when the pilot ensures that the planned waypoints are free of any obstacles.

Hahaha.... sure. You go first and map out every detail ;-)
2021-9-13
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Hannibal_ Posted at 9-13 01:42
of the boathouse? were you steering your powerboat at the same time again?

No, just a lamppost in my front yard. And we know that nobody ever makes mistakes while flying....... yeah sure.
2021-9-13
Use props
Switch639
First Officer
Germany

djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK Posted at 9-13 00:32

I agree with you and its not like you just let go of the stick and go take a nap you are always welcome to cancel the flight when something is coming up
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

GaryDoug Posted at 9-13 18:36
No, just a lamppost in my front yard. And we know that nobody ever makes mistakes while flying....... yeah sure.
You can set the height of your drone above the highest objects in your area, in your case your lamppost, without the need of the sensor you're talking about. Now you get I'm trying to say?.

I've done this several times using my mavic pro (while turning off the obstacle avoidance).
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

Switch639 Posted at 9-13 20:23
I agree with you and its not like you just let go of the stick and go take a nap you are always welcome to cancel the flight when something is coming up

Exactly.
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

Switch639 Posted at 9-12 21:49
if we simply get allowance with a SDK and can use a 3rd party app, DJI could get outside of this blame design. I for one would pay to have this SDK to be able to do waypoints with Litchi

I've been waiting for this, but i guess we're going to have to wait few months after the release of mini 3.
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-12 21:50
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We totally understand your request for the said feature. We already sent a request to our designated team about this feature request and we are still waiting for an update. Kindly please subscribe to our official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Thank you. Looking forward for the update soon.
2021-9-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 9-13 18:31
Hahaha.... sure. You go first and map out every detail ;-)

Actually, isnt that what you're meant to do with say the P4P anyway, i.e. do the flight manually 1st and plot the waypoints as you go, sommat like that anyway...
2021-9-13
Use props
Hannibal_
Second Officer
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 9-13 18:36

Well.....

To be honest, I admire what you all, and you in particular, do with the drones.

For me, even when I am flying in free air, I already chicken out when I lost sight of the drone for a second.

Was just teasing you a little
2021-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK Posted at 9-13 22:25
Thank you. Looking forward for the update soon.

You're welcome. Thank you for your understanding. Take care!
2021-9-14
Use props
hunterws
First Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

If they add all features to every drone, how will they upsell you to the next model?  (that has to be their motivation)
They don't perfect the last model, because they're too busy designing something new .... and it's our fault for always having to be the first one to have 'it'.
Stop buying the new models, demand they fix issues with the one you own, and maybe things will improve.  For now, we are rewarding them for mediocrity.
2021-9-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK Posted at 9-13 22:09
You can set the height of your drone above the highest objects in your area, in your case your lamppost, without the need of the sensor you're talking about. Now you get I'm trying to say?.

I've done this several times using my mavic pro (while turning off the obstacle avoidance).

Wow.. duh. Are you serious? Do you think I have not read the 5 manuals (Mini, Mini2, Ma2, A2s, M2P)  yet? Do you realize that you are referrng to the RTH height? Do you never fly below that height...and if so how did you get there from the ground up?
2021-9-14
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

GaryDoug Posted at 9-14 14:07
Wow.. duh. Are you serious? Do you think I have not read the 5 manuals (Mini, Mini2, Ma2, A2s, M2P)  yet? Do you realize that you are referrng to the RTH height? Do you never fly below that height...and if so how did you get there from the ground up?

I've been doing mapping for years and autonomous flight has been my main feature. I'm very sure i wasnt refering to RTH height. For sure you need to read some more

2021-9-15
Use props
GaryDoug
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK Posted at 9-15 01:02
I've been doing mapping for years and autonomous flight has been my main feature. I'm very sure i wasnt refering to RTH height. For sure you need to read some more

Well, just try not to be so "disappointed" then. Being disappointed means you were expecting something else, but that was specified to not support that mode from the start. Keep dreaming anyway. I'm sure that someone will eventually hack it anyway...just for you.

"...I'm very sure i wasnt refering to RTH height...."

While we are at it, remember this is the Mini 2 section, not one that supports those settings.

2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

GaryDoug Posted at 9-15 18:44
Well, just try not to be so "disappointed" then. Being disappointed means you were expecting something else, but that was specified to not support that mode from the start. Keep dreaming anyway. I'm sure that someone will eventually hack it anyway...just for you.

"...I'm very sure i wasnt refering to RTH height...."

You surely need more reading .

Mavic mini can now do waypoints using Litchi.
2021-9-19
Use props
hunterws
First Officer
United States

djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK Posted at 9-19 06:57
You surely need more reading .

Mavic mini can now do waypoints using Litchi.

Wrong.  Mini2 still not supported, until the maker releases the SDK file they are holding on to until the next model comes out.

2021-9-19
Use props
KREMi
Captain
  • >>>
Poland

hm. It looks autel is preparing a new "mini" (sub250g) drone, with missions, 3way avoidance.
and this might be worth considering good we got more players there (also hubsan, which still need some polish to their mini pro model)
2021-9-19
Use props
hunterws
First Officer
United States

KREMi Posted at 9-19 11:06
hm. It looks autel is preparing a new "mini" (sub250g) drone, with missions, 3way avoidance.
and this might be worth considering  good we got more players there (also hubsan, which still need some polish to their mini pro model)

Competition is needed!  DJI has gotten lazy the past couple years and autel puts out some amazing stuff .... going to research it now, thanks.

38-40min flight times, 10km disance and fisheye obstacle avoidance all around ...... awesome!

2021-9-19
Use props
Pinarek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

hunterws Posted at 9-19 11:36
Competition is needed!  DJI has gotten lazy the past couple years and autel puts out some amazing stuff .... going to research it now, thanks.

Can't be compared at all! the devices from Auteldrones.com are much more expensive at around $ 1,700
2021-9-19
Use props
hunterws
First Officer
United States

Pinarek Posted at 9-19 14:49
Can't be compared at all! the devices from Auteldrones.com are much more expensive at around $ 1,700

Their mini hasn't got a price yet, and ... I'll bet you $2 it will be in line as far as price to be competition.
2021-9-19
Use props
Cesar Castro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597070 ft

Colombia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-12 21:50

Thanks, this function is really necessary and requires sensors, just like the other flight modes.
2021-9-21
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

hunterws Posted at 9-19 10:20
Wrong.  Mini2 still not supported, until the maker releases the SDK file they are holding on to until the next model comes out.

Lazy reader. I said  mavic mini, not mini 2
2021-9-22
Use props
hunterws
First Officer
United States

djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK Posted at 9-22 03:33
Lazy reader. I said  mavic mini, not mini 2

Lazy original poster .... this forum is for the mini 2, not the original.
2021-9-22
Use props
Julian Lopez
New

Argentina

Whai point por favor para el mini 2
2021-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Cesar Castro Posted at 9-21 11:37
Thanks, this function is really necessary and requires sensors, just like the other flight modes.

You're welcome.
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_JFDdrOT9A8j7
lvl.1

Spain

The Phantom 3 Pro has not sensors and it can fly whit waypoints.
2021-9-24
Use props
djiuser_SF9XJ6McSfjK
lvl.1

Timor-Leste

djiuser_JFDdrOT9A8j7 Posted at 9-24 04:13
The Phantom 3 Pro has not sensors and it can fly whit waypoints.

Exactly and thank you.

Something @Hunterws isnt aware of.
2021-9-25
Use props
Paul Mavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328163 ft
Netherlands

Cesar Castro Posted at 9-21 11:37

Sorry Cesar, but this function does NOT require sensors at all.It only requires the SDK to be released by DJI
2021-9-30
Use props
djiuser_pZSpfp9j7s0V
lvl.1

Japan

Iphone13promax
2021-9-30
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Captain
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Let's wait for DJI's response to competitors' products. I'm sure the mini 2 still has a lot of potential.
2021-10-1
Use props
Turbo1ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1322582 ft
Canada

Please people tell me what's the use of waypoints if it requires a connection with the controller? This is what the SDK and Litchi will give you... In that case just update the home point on the map and it will fly there, same thing. Or even better,  just fly yourself!
2021-10-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules