OM 5 Won't Connect to iPhone 12 Pro Max
6009 13 2021-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
poohstraveler
New
  • >>>
Mexico

I just received the DJI OM 5, and it will not connect to my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I got it to connect (finally) to my older XS, but it just keeps timing out on the new iPhone. I have read various tips and tricks people recommended with the older Osmo products and nothing works. I have other DJI products that connect through Mimo and numerous DJI drones so connectivity hasn't been a problem before. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2021-9-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, poohstraveler. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please reinstall the Mimo APP through this link:
https://www.dji.com/au/downloads/products/om-5
Please reset the Bluetooth and then try to connect to your phone in APP again.
2021-9-12
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Delete the Mimo App and re-download it.  Sometimes "old" versions have conflicting settings that can't be undone or overridden.  You may have also updated the iOS in between and there's some changes to BlueTooth that may not be recognized by the previous installed Mimo.
2021-9-16
Use props
Junipera
New

Canada

I'm unable to connect the DJI om5 to anything at all, Samsung Note 20 Ultra, Huawei P30pro etc
Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, tried different phones, unpaired and paired device, followed the direction to push the three buttons at once to reset the Bluetooth connection, but simply nothing is found in the Mimo app.

Without the app, when paired directly, the buttons are mapped improperly as well. Record becomes volume up. So as is, it's useless without the app.

The om5 is also super shakey and grindy when I turn it on, with or without a phone mounted on it.
2021-9-19
Use props
AlexLanza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25810 ft
Italy

I have the same problem, i'm unable to connect the OM 5 to my Android smartphone.   The smartphone never find the OM 5 through the app, also when it's already paired like a regular bluetooth device.

Also the bluetooth reset procedure read on the user manual didn't work, the light is always green and didn't turn into yellow.
2021-9-21
Use props
esteve
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104386 ft
Spain

AlexLanza Posted at 9-21 00:57
I have the same problem, i'm unable to connect the OM 5 to my Android smartphone.   The smartphone never find the OM 5 through the app, also when it's already paired like a regular bluetooth device.

Also the bluetooth reset procedure read on the user manual didn't work, the light is always green and didn't turn into yellow.

same problem here, any solution? return the product?
2021-9-21
Use props
Sven Behring
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83051 ft
Czechia

the same with my device... Samsung Glaaxy Note 10+ and OM5... Can´t connect the device...
2021-9-21
Use props
fansf8ed09f5
New

United Kingdom

For Android users, you need to download from DJI website mimo ver 1.6 uninstall original apk and then install 1.6
2021-9-21
Use props
AlexLanza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25810 ft
Italy

fansf8ed09f5 Posted at 9-21 16:15
For Android users, you need to download from DJI website mimo ver 1.6 uninstall original apk and then install 1.6

thanks, now it works
2021-9-22
Use props
fans41ecc6cd
New
Flight distance : 328117 ft
United States

Sven Behring Posted at 9-21 08:24
the same with my device... Samsung Glaaxy Note 10+ and OM5... Can´t connect the device...

Reinstall the Mimo APP through this link:
Please reset the Bluetooth and then try to connect to your phone in APP again
2021-9-22
Use props
fans41ecc6cd
New
United States

Sven Behring Posted at 9-21 08:24

2021-9-22
Use props
Look1ng2
New
United States

AlexLanza Posted at 9-21 00:57

Also the bluetooth reset procedure read on the user manual didn't work, the light is always green and didn't turn into yellow.

2021-9-22
Use props
EvolvingParty
lvl.1

Australia

Sorry I replied to the worng topic, ignore this post
2021-9-25
Use props
whickey15
New

United States

Why is deleting the app and reinstalling it always the advice given? I don't see how that's applicable. I doubt DJI would release code to the store for an app version that doesn't pair on Bluetooth. Never been a fix for me across any platforms and it's always recommended first...
2022-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules