2538 14 2015-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

Hello all,
Here is a link TFR List to the Temporary Flight Restrictions "TFR's" listed on the FAA's website. Might not be a bad idea to check this list to see if the area you intend on flying in is not affected by any temporary restrictions.

-Dog
2015-7-28
Use props
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

Cool link.  Thanks for sharing.  
2015-7-28
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Why not just go here?

AirMap
2015-7-28
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-7-29 08:37
Why not just go here?

AirMap

AirMap Beta?
Because its third party info that feeds from the FAA's site.  If it's down, delayed in updating or the link is broken it might mis inform you with incorrect data and you would not know for sure.  I feel more comfortable going to the source and a site the doesn't require a account or have the name beta in it at this point. It's not like it's  that hard to read it from the FAA's site.

-Dog
2015-7-28
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-7-29 09:10
AirMap Beta?
Because its third party info that feeds from the FAA's site.  If it's down, delayed in ...

Have been using this for quite a while, and not had it be wrong, or be down yet. Sure, the FAA site feeds AirMap, but I'm a visual kinda guy, not a list kinda guy.
2015-7-28
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-7-29 09:45
Have been using this for quite a while, and not had it be wrong, or be down yet. Sure, the FAA sit ...

It's a well-known fact that men are visual creatures.
2015-7-29
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

The app Hover just had an update with all the no fly zones and TFR zones as well.  Pretty cool app with articles and local wind direction and speed.
2015-7-29
Use props
Othan1
lvl.2

United States

I looked at both.  I prefer the TFR list.  Anything that forces me to log in and link my accounts when the information is more freely available is a no-no for me.  Clicking on the plus sign gives visuals.
2015-7-29
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

Othan1 Posted at 2015-7-30 03:13
I looked at both.  I prefer the TFR list.  Anything that forces me to log in and link my accounts wh ...

Definitely worth looking at, even if  you're the middle of a neighborhood or in a remote or rural area. For those who don't know what all TFR's cover, Temporary Flight Restrictions are issued for a number of reasons including fire fighting where aerial suppression is in progress, or even a POTUS or other VIP movement/activity. Most extend from the surface to many thousand feet. I'm sure the result would be much worse than simply loosing your Phantom if you fly in such a TFR.  Especially with the current negative "drone" attitude out there.
2015-7-29
Use props
Othan1
lvl.2

United States

coherent Posted at 2015-7-30 05:05
Definitely worth looking at, even if  you're the middle of a neighborhood or in a remote or rural  ...

Seriously.  I just read an article about a guy shooting a drone out of the sky over his backyard.  Just because there's a camera doesn't mean it's recording.  We do fly to get from one place to another.  Unless they're actively hovering in your backyard pointed at your windows or pool just stop being so scared.  

I'm so sick of this nation of fear.  I miss adults.
2015-7-29
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

Hover has integrated AirMap into their no-fly map. Since there is no AirMap app (it's been online only, so far), this makes Hover the one-stop shop for Drones.
2015-7-30
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Just pulled up the state of Virginia and the FAA TFR data isn't good.

"Depicted TFR data may not be a complete listing. Pilots should not use the information on this website for flight planning purposes. For the latest information, call your local Flight Service Station at 1-800-WX-BRIEF."
2015-7-30
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Thanks for the link but the issue is how do you read the map?
2015-7-30
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

Othan1 Posted at 2015-7-30 05:48
Seriously.  I just read an article about a guy shooting a drone out of the sky over his backyard.  ...

I wasn't referring to not flying somewhere just because it's over houses or such, There are conspiracy theory nuts everywhere unfortunately who think if they see a drone, it's spying on them.  I say fly where you want within the rules and call the police when they give you problems.  I'm referring to checking to ensure there isn't a TFR listed for the area you plan on flying.  A TFR can extend out to a 5 or 10 NM radius or larger. My only message was to just check. The chances may be slim of one being in effect where you're planning on flying, but it just seems like the smart thing to do and check. If you fly in a TFR area, such as one for aerial firefighting,  the results if caught doing so may be fairly drastic and bad press for drone hobbyists.  Especially considering the current negative attitude toward drones.
The recent fires in California are an example of one such recent event in which a drone grounded fire suppression aircraft and prompted press releases like this... All I'm saying is be smart.
https://www.faa.gov/news/press_r ... ry.cfm?newsId=19234
2015-7-30
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

coherent Posted at 2015-7-31 03:49
I wasn't referring to not flying somewhere just because it's over houses or such, There are conspir ...

Exactly!

-Dog
2015-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules