Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI we need you to get your Act together
12Next >
2874 50 2021-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

GoPro is releasing their

what do you have instore for us  in the OA2. NOTHING
2021-9-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is interesting!
2021-9-14
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Apple  got their line up out, gopoo tomorrow or so, DJI the other day, what next.
2021-9-14
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GoPro keep having to bring out a new model every year to try to fix the problems with the previous year's model.  Perhaps DJI don't feel such pressure...
2021-9-14
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 9-14 16:06
GoPro keep having to bring out a new model every year to try to fix the problems with the previous year's model.  Perhaps DJI don't feel such pressure...

No, GoPro only has 1 major product.  If they don’t refresh it all of the time, they cease to exist as a company.  
2021-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very interesting,  waiting to see what they release.
2021-9-14
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

interesting...
2021-9-14
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

This one looks good on paper, a big step-up. That is, if it ever works as intended.
2021-9-15
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

damaged is done, it's made
2021-9-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will be very interesting to see the reviews.  Specs look good but how will it perform is more important.
2021-9-15
Use props
Gollan
lvl.4
Canada

What action camera features are people looking for that are not available in the Osmo Action? My Osmo Action cost less than half of what a recent model GoPro Hero would cost. It does everything I need and I find the controls and the Mimo app easy to use. Perhaps DJI is not updating the Osmo Action because their target market are people who just want a solid action camera at a good price?
2021-9-15
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Electronic releases are happening, and only thing out of DJI is a OM5?
2021-9-15
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I think OA2 will come in late October or November with same specs as Hero 10 and $150 cheaper
2021-9-15
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Gollan Posted at 9-15 15:12
What action camera features are people looking for that are not available in the Osmo Action? My Osmo Action cost less than half of what a recent model GoPro Hero would cost. It does everything I need and I find the controls and the Mimo app easy to use. Perhaps DJI is not updating the Osmo Action because their target market are people who just want a solid action camera at a good price?

Stabilized 4K video for one. Osmo action cannot even get close, it's true stabilized resolution maxes out at about 2.7K. Working water proofing would also be nice, and no, using a housing is not the same. 100Mbps H.264 is not enough in this day and age, especially for a camera with this kind of FOV. Slow motion in usable resolutions comes handy as well. The list goes on and on. Osmo action was a good action camera for its time, but things have progressed since then, a lot.

Not everyone needs all those features of course, I respect that. That is why OA sits at the sweet spot with right price.

Some of us would gladly (or "have to" as in my case) pay for the advancements. I personally rather give my money to DJI than GoPro, but if they don't want it, there is little I can do
2021-9-15
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

johansenfoto Posted at 9-15 16:08
I think OA2 will come in late October or November with same specs as Hero 10 and $150 cheaper

That would be a blessing, but it looks like they put all their eggs in the Mavic 3 basket. Still, fingers crossed ...
2021-9-15
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 9-15 18:26
That would be a blessing, but it looks like they put all their eggs in the Mavic 3 basket. Still, fingers crossed ...

True, and I guess I'm wrong with my guessing
2021-9-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

What does GoPro have instore for us in droning?  Who uses the Osmo Action for GoPro purposes anyway though I think the 1" sensor of the Insta360 is better than GoPro?

I think a lot of the tech companies use the same suppliers so when the hardware/softwares are built, they probably use nearly the same tools.  Anything new that gets released in a newsletter, the top companies read about and implement.  What we see are the results but deep down, they are all just pretty much rebrands w/ different features.

Companies have to stay alive competing against each others advancements.  If DJI is still in business and there can be quantum mobility chips.. it would be cool to see DJI drones have them.  The creators(God) that made Earth already set everything up for humanity to discover.  They most likely use the best top secret advanced formulas we all know nothing about developed over tens of billions of years.  Who knows how many Earth's like ours at this current state has happened many times over and already millions of years into their future.  As long as people don't know yet about how everything is controlled and manipulated, if their lives aren't falling apart entirely, people will choose to live (under the veil of experience) than to "rest in peace".  Tech and drones can make life so much easier, avert headache and potential issues, solve issues by identifying directly.  I just can't believe it isn't used more often for most industries.
2021-9-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Gollan Posted at 9-15 15:12

Horizon levelling would be my chief wish, together with stereo external mic input.
2021-9-16
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

SO ? Sep 16 only have a few hours left here
2021-9-16
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

GoPro is out on the Market $399.98 with a paid subscription or $499.98 at local stores.

they have a Color  platform  Flat, Vivid, NAtural and Gopro.  they have smile detect, face detect, to name a few, shoots 5K60f, 4K120 fps
you can  check the camera out here  https://amzn.to/3EneKRT  is it  the best gopro ever, for sure. something the hero 9 does not have, so they did step the game up.
Now why am I not getting one, why am I holding off, many good reasons. is it because the camera, my funds etc.

Yeah sept 16th came  and going, gone for some
2021-9-16
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Fishycomics Posted at 9-16 12:19
GoPro is out on the Market $399.98 with a paid subscription or $499.98 at local stores.

they have a Color  platform  Flat, Vivid, NAtural and Gopro.  they have smile detect, face detect, to name a few, shoots 5K60f, 4K120 fps

I have my funds ready, although I was saving up for OA2. I will have to wait for H10 to reach where I am now officially, for warranty reasons. I also want to make sure it does not have problems like H9, which unfortunately is a great possibility...

If it is problematic, I will wait until I go back home and maybe OA2 will come out in the mean time

OA will have to stay as it is unsellable due to water damage. Although the damage is purely cosmetic and it functions perfectly, I would have to drop the price to a point that it would not be worth selling it.

2021-9-16
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

johansenfoto Posted at 9-15 23:36
True, and I guess I'm wrong with my guessing

I so wish that you are not wrong We will se soon I guess
2021-9-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We don't have any information regarding to DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website or following us to our social media channel. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-9-16
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Fishycomics Posted at 9-16 12:19

I have already seen a video where H10 overheats and shuts down at about 20 minutes of recording if it sits stationary; even with the lower resolution/frame rate modes.

On top of that they seem to have downgraded the sensor slightly by bumping the resolution up to 23MP (at the same size). My understanding is that they are planning to compensate for potentially worse low light performance by excessive processing.

What GP2 can do is impressive though.  
2021-9-16
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DJI we need: to  tell us  if a OA2 is  in the makings, there are  new technology hitting the market all September.
2021-9-17
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

Well if i was making a camera, and my competitor just dropped their new model, and mine was due soon, then i would go out and at least say " Osmo action fans you people might want to hang on to your money" at least if i saw my product is able to compete with that the competition just launched.
CUZ consumers are mindless fools, and most of them ( the most sane ones ) will jump ship in a heartbeat, then you have the insane ones like APPLE people, but that is not a avenue i would ever walk.

AS i have the original OA camera, i see no reason to get the GP10 and i dont even think the OA2 will catch my interest in a way i would just have to find the money in my meager pension to get one.

Hint: horizon leveling,,,,, why the hell would i want that, if i was spinning wildly i would want my friend and family to see i did just that, and those would be the only ones i would want to share footage with.
SO i am probably not in the most popular customer segment, the professional or just amateur streamers / content providers.
These days just 1 in 10 videos of mine are public, soon it will be none.
2021-9-17
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Right now. am pleased how the camera is made but I think gopro went back to  the action side of things
2021-9-17
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Action 2 might be coming after all. It was mentioned by the famous DJI leaker OsitaLV, and he claims it might be modular like Insta One R.
2021-9-17
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 9-17 16:14
Action 2 might be coming after all. It was mentioned by the famous DJI leaker OsitaLV, and he claims it might be modular like Insta One R.

You mean Caseys boy Everday man,  think DJI  is working on it any info

2021-9-18
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Fishycomics Posted at 9-18 03:19
You mean Caseys boy Everday man,  think DJI  is working on it any info

I don't know his background but I would not be surprised if he is on DJI's payroll. His leaks have always been very (and I mean "very") convenient for DJI. Just enough to stir the pot and start the rumor mill

One way or another, he has been right so many times in the last couple of years, his leaks are almost as good as a FCC filing

2021-9-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

eaks are out already

New Sensor / better low-light performance
RockSteady Digital Video Stabilization V2.0
Bigger battery life
improved/upscaled built-in audio quality no talks of overheating at all or biggr heat sink,
no talks of of rubber membrain or was that part of the Audio

2021-9-18
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Fishycomics Posted at 9-18 03:35
eaks are out already

New Sensor / better low-light performance

What killed Pocket 2 (and crippled Mini 2 under certain circumstances) was lack of processing power. So hopefully they throw a better, capable processor in OA2.

But beyond and above all, I hope OA2 does not start dropping dead for no known/disclosed reason  like the OA did, and it will actually, really, be water proof...

PS: It sill makes me giggle when H10 advertises "no lick" (hydrophobic) lens cover where as OA had it way before even H9 existed hahahaha
2021-9-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

OA2 here we come
2021-9-18
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Fingers crossed it is not OA1 interiors in new white/pink color body hehehe
2021-9-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

I can deal with the color but can not deal with silence of DJI
2021-9-18
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Fishycomics Posted at 9-18 07:22
I can deal with the color but can not deal with silence of DJI

Well think of it as a seance. Instead of a medium, they communicate through "OsitaLV" For anything more, they have to accidentally on purpose start the sale of the unit too early (again) somewhere...
2021-9-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

With the OM5  now makes we wonder if they set things up, will a OA2 work did the OA work.
2021-9-19
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Hero 10 have still the heat problem like the older ones I saw on youtube, guess it will freeze too

2021-9-19
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

johansenfoto Posted at 9-19 14:20
Hero 10 have still the heat problem like the older ones I saw on youtube, guess it will freeze too

I guess it is much worse now, as they put in the new processor in the same old inefficient design. I have seen multiple videos and H10 can only record about 20 minutes before shutting down due to overheating if it is left stationary.

EDIT: It might be a quality control issue after all. I saw another video and the guy did 44 minutes of 5K30 recording, non stop, gopro just sitting on the table. I guess we need more tests from real users. I will wait to see what DJI comes up with anyways.

2021-9-19
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 9-19 16:46
I guess it is much worse now, as they put in the new processor in the same old inefficient design. I have seen multiple videos and H10 can only record about 20 minutes before shutting down due to overheating if it is left stationary.

EDIT: It might be a quality control issue after all. I saw another video and the guy did 44 minutes of 5K30 recording, non stop, gopro just sitting on the table. I guess we need more tests from real users. I will wait to see what DJI comes up with anyways.

20 min is not good, it's like you can't trust Gopro anymore for any use outdoors.

When I check reviews or general info about new products, I always sort after newest since the people getting paid for good reviews are always at top with most views.
2021-9-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules