M2EA orbit mission dji pilot app
4593 11 2021-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BHS Development
lvl.2

Austria

Hi there,

does anyone know if its possible to plan a orbit mission for inspection of e cell tower? Otherwise the deone is useless for that job.

Thanks guys

2021-9-14
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

You should be able to do that, or approximate it, using Mission Planner.
2021-9-14
Use props
BHS Development
lvl.2

Austria

Unfortunately just oblique mission is possible for that purpose.
2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. DJI Pilot supports waypoint mission, mapping mission, or oblique mission. You can choose one upon your requirements.
2021-9-15
Use props
BHS Development
lvl.2

Austria

DJI Wanda Gepostet um 9-15 01:30
Hallo, da. DJI Pilot unterstützt Wegpunkt-Missionen, Mapping-Missionen oder Schräg-Missionen. Sie können eine nach Ihren Anforderungen auswählen.

Hello DJI Wanda,

thanks for the reply. I know these mission options but it is not possible to set a POI and let the Drone fly around it in a circle while making continues photos. The only way to manage it is setting manualy some waypoints around a POI like a circle and for each waypont i have to set a action (taking a photo) or i do something wrong?. See attached photo. I am sure you agree this is not a procedure managing a mission flight around a cell tower in the 21th century. Hopefully this feature could be implemented soonly.  kind regards
2021-9-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BHS Development Posted at 9-15 02:20
Hello DJI Wanda,

thanks for the reply. I know these mission options but it is not possible to set a POI and let the Drone fly around it in a circle while making continues photos. The only way to manage it is setting manualy some waypoints around a POI like a circle and for each waypont i have to set a action (taking a photo) or i do something wrong?. See attached photo. I am sure you agree this is not a procedure managing a mission flight around a cell tower in the 21th century. Hopefully this feature could be implemented soonly.  kind regards[view_image]

Sorry, sir. We have confirmed with our designated department that the function you said is not going to add to Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced in the near future. We will make efforts to make it on the agenda as soon as possible. Please wait patiently and thanks for understanding.
2021-9-15
Use props
NotSoSmartPA
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-15 03:24
Sorry, sir. We have confirmed with our designated department that the function you said is not going to add to Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced in the near future. We will make efforts to make it on the agenda as soon as possible. Please wait patiently and thanks for understanding.

This is almost exactly the same sort of message the original M2E drone purchasers heard since it was released.  Simple, useful smart-modes were "next up" for past 2+ years or more.  Never delivered, instead a new M2EA with a new FLIR camera at nearly 2x the price --- and still the app lacks what we asked for.

DJI is clearly NOT interested in this market -- they market promises they never deliver on, and are likely using the funds for these useless enterprise units to fund work on their consumer lines that keep adding to their lower-end product lines.
2021-9-17
Use props
wondermutt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292260 ft
United States

C'mon DJI...at $6,500 enterprise drone and no intelligent flight modes?  And no custom stick control in Pilot?  Wake up please.

DJI Drones - I'd say pretty darn good.
DJI Customer Care and Listening to user base - Pathetic
2021-9-21
Use props
BHS Development
lvl.2

Austria

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-15 03:24
Sorry, sir. We have confirmed with our designated department that the function you said is not going to add to Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced in the near future. We will make efforts to make it on the agenda as soon as possible. Please wait patiently and thanks for understanding.

Dear Dji Wanda,

This answer is acceptable for you but not for your customers. You are advertising this features but not implementing them in real. So you fool your customers. Not realy fair business practice.  Hope you are adding the promised features soonly as your hardware is good and i know your dev team can make good work. Kind regards
2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_XNFhh0NYsUaL
New
Flight distance : 589213 ft
Germany

You could try it with the normal Fly or Go4 App. The hobby Drones have this feature. Only the Enterprise Drone don´t have this. i don´t understand this but if you don´t nee RTK use a Hobbys Mavic 2 or Mavic 3 drone.
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_XNFhh0NYsUaL
New
Flight distance : 589213 ft
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-9-15 03:24
Sorry, sir. We have confirmed with our designated department that the function you said is not going to add to Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced in the near future. We will make efforts to make it on the agenda as soon as possible. Please wait patiently and thanks for understanding.

Why not? The hobby Mavic 2 and Mavic 3 have the Feature in the Fly app, Why DJI can´t implement this in the Pilot 2 App? The Feature is very Important for Inspecting Cell towers with RTK.
2023-1-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_XNFhh0NYsUaL Posted at 1-15 05:49
Why not? The hobby Mavic 2 and Mavic 3 have the Feature in the Fly app, Why DJI can´t implement this in the Pilot 2 App? The Feature is very Important for Inspecting Cell towers with RTK.

We apologize for the inconvenience. The Mavic 2 Enterprise drones and Mavic 2 Consumer drones are designed for different usage scenarios. Though similar in appearances, they are different in terms of software and hardware, internal structure, and function usage. Therefore, the Mavic 2 Enterprise cannot support Motion Timelapse, ActiveTrack, TapFly, and Hyperlapse functions. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules