Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying in Hot Weather
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ob1artkid
lvl.1

United States

I'm about to go out to fly my Phantome 3. I just checked the weather and it's 97 degrees and sunny outside and I'm in New York City. I will be going to fly out in a park. Will the heat be a problem for the Phantom 3.

2015-7-29
Use props
phillbarnes9
Captain
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

It shouldn't be I am in southern Spain where the average temp at the moment are in the mid to high 30c and I've not had any trouble. Happy flying  
2015-7-29
Use props
jimcloud74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Be prepared for hot motors and battery. Battery will take a while to cool.
2015-7-29
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.1

United States

I flew in some hot weather and my tablet overheated before my P3.  I used a sunshade now and everything is fine. :-)
2015-7-29
Use props
bluetazmaster69
lvl.3

United States

Good luck and happy flying.
2015-7-29
Use props
drone_lad
lvl.4

United States

Something I've started doing, and I think it comes recommended - when you've had your fun and you've landed your Pro, take the battery out once you've successfully shut everything down - gives all other parts enough time on their own to cool down.
2015-7-29
Use props
ob1artkid
lvl.1

United States

Thanks guys. I flew in 100 Degree weather and it was okay. My Tablet did overheat and I had to land and use my iphone as viewing. After 15 minutes of flying, I landed, changed battery  and used my iphone for viewing. Everything was fine though. I haven't updated my firmware to the newest because lots of people seem to be having problems.
2015-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules