3584 10 2021-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw something that said you should replace your props after a while, even if they arent damaged. Apparently, the props can possibly become weak from gradual uv radiation damage. Is this true? I checked my props and they do look a little worn after not replacing them for a year, but is a propeller replacement warranted?
2021-9-29
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Hi, I have flown about 800km and 40 hours and no degradation. If the edges are still nice and sharp and the revs are not up from normal use, I can not see that you would have to replace them. I would really love to hear from someone else to comment in this.
2021-9-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i would replace them right away with master airscrew propellers.
2021-9-29
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I don't think that props can become weak from UV faster than other plastic parts (like body or arms) and MA2 props look durable. I do not store aircrafts on direct sunlight, some my airplane props are quite old (like more than 10 years) and all are working well. But If there is some visible damage it is good to replace them immediately.
BTW I changed the first set of props after a year of use for Master airscrew stealth set but I keep the stock (undamaged) props as a spare part in my bag.
2021-9-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ManOfSand. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that before each flight, it is necessary to check your DJI Drone's propellers for cracks, wear, warp, corrosion, and damages. If any of these conditions are present, the said propellers should be replaced. Damaged propellers can lead to unwanted incident when flying your DJI Drone. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-9-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't really see the need to periodically replace the propellers unless you keep running into things. All but one of my drones (the first Mini) have the original props (as I received them).
2021-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I check my props before every flight to make sure there are no cracks or any visible wear.  I used the original props for almost a year and then decided to try the master airscrew props.  I don't think I'll go back to OEM props.  
2021-9-30
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flown 1800 km’s still the first ones, but i check them before each flight
2021-9-30
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

Great question!
2021-9-30
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

dronie1965 Posted at 9-30 04:38
Flown 1800 km’s still the first ones, but i check them before each flight

That is nice to hear. Thank you for letting us know how good the props really are. Of course we should always check the props before flying. That goes without saying. Cheers.
2021-9-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have never changed a prop unless it has damage, you only ever need to change props when they are damaged, if they are not then they are fine.
2021-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules