Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stolen. Can my Mini 2 be traced?
3516 8 2021-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoostPhoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337280 ft
United Kingdom

I had my Mini 2 stolen by a shipping courier this week. Is there anyway I can locate it next time it is switched on and used? Thanks in advance.
2021-9-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly not...
2021-9-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
Flight distance : 18076785 ft
United States

File a claim with the shipper. They should cover it.
2021-9-30
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

happily not.  

unfortunate that you had your drone stolen but we don't want our drones to be "traced"....for any reason, good or bad.  thought it would be great to trace that package and locate it whereabouts.

and before someone asks, no the drone cannot be remotely locked down or locked out.  we don't want that either. ;)
2021-9-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry to hear about this unfortunate experience. In order to protect your data security and privacy rights, we cannot locate the real-time position of the drone. Could you tell me from which channel you purchased the Mini 2? If you bought it from the the official website-DJI Store, please provide the order number. Thanks.
2021-9-30
Use props
RoostPhoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337280 ft
United Kingdom

There may be some misunderstanding maybe I wasn’t clear. I already owned the drone, registered it and flown it. I connected it to my Pro Controller after the recent firmware upgrade. It was stolen when I was sending it to a colleague to use at another location. It was not stolen on its way to me straight after purchasing new. So I was hoping the ‘find my drone’ app could help locate it when it is used.
2021-9-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

RoostPhoto Posted at 9-30 21:57
There may be some misunderstanding maybe I wasn’t clear. I already owned the drone, registered it and flown it. I connected it to my Pro Controller after the recent firmware upgrade. It was stolen when I was sending it to a colleague to use at another location. It was not stolen on its way to me straight after purchasing new. So I was hoping the ‘find my drone’ app could help locate it when it is used.

We fully understand your confusion, but we are not capable to  locate real-time position of the drone.

[Find airplane] This function is an attempt to locate based on the last recorded coordinate point in the flight record transmitted by the aircraft, not real-time positioning.

We recommend that you report this theft incident to the local authorities, authorizing the police to run investigations on this case.

If you need our assistance during the reporting process, you can contact us at any time and we will try our best to provide you with corresponding assistance.

At the same time, you can also provide us with the serial number of the drone. If the stolen drone is sent back for repair, we will contact you proactively.

Thank you for your understanding.
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_JMFkCGP3YImg
New

Canada

I had two Dji mini 2, both drones were stolen at the same time. Someone broke into my car to steal the two drones. Is there anyway I could track it? I do have the serial number for the 2 drones.
2022-9-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_JMFkCGP3YImg Posted at 9-3 23:58
I had two Dji mini 2, both drones were stolen at the same time. Someone broke into my car to steal the two drones. Is there anyway I could track it? I do have the serial number for the 2 drones.

Hello, there. We truly understand your feelings. To protect your data security and privacy interest, we would not and can not locate the real-time location of the aircraft.
It is suggested to contact the local police first. If you encounter any question that needs our assistance when reporting to police, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to help you.
For your case, may we know have you bound the account and remote controller in DJI Fly App before?
2022-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules