703 10 2021-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hi, I would like to ask if someone use mini2 with smart controller since they are compatible now.

I'm sure that the screen is very good under the sun but what about the signal? Is it  as good as with the original mini 2 controller?
Are there any problems?

2021-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Debugger. Good day and thank you these information that you have given. I hope that your fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mini 2 with the DJI Smart controller can give out the best information with regards to this matter. In addition, I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission range. Thank you.

2021-10-1
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It seems that a new Smart Controller will be released with the Mavic 3.  However, for roughly the same price I would go with the Tripltek rugged Android tablet.  It's brighter than the Smart Controller, and is a fully fledged Android tablet, whereas the Smart Controller isn't.  And it's fast and powerful, and guaranteed to work with all DJI drones.
2021-10-1
Use props
Matite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61096 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I use the Mini 2 with a Smart Controller and find the brightness is very good.

I also do not have any issues with signal quality (in Australia we use FCC mode).
2021-10-2
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Matite Posted at 10-2 03:16
I use the Mini 2 with a Smart Controller and find the brightness is very good.

I also do not have any issues with signal quality (in Australia we use FCC mode).

Thanks for the info
2021-10-2
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Since I have the SC for my M2P, I tried it for the Mini2 too.
The only problem I had is that I always need to re-link every time I switch from M2P to mini2. Not the other way around.

No connection problems at all on the range I'm using it (+/- 1km). As what I see from the connection indicator it could fly more than that.
2021-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

A great alternative is the Tripltek android tablet.  It has a 1200 nits display and easily viewable when outside in the sun.  Besides, rumor has it that a new Smart Controller will be out soon and if maybe the old Smart Controller will go on sale then.  
2021-10-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

CallMeAlan Posted at 10-1 23:46
It seems that a new Smart Controller will be released with the Mavic 3.  However, for roughly the same price I would go with the Tripltek rugged Android tablet.  It's brighter than the Smart Controller, and is a fully fledged Android tablet, whereas the Smart Controller isn't.  And it's fast and powerful, and guaranteed to work with all DJI drones.

you may be referring to the tripltek 7 tablet which is an excellent tablet but it's the older tablet because the tripltek 8 is now shipping.  i have the tripltek 7 and the dji smart controller and you cannot say the tablet is brighter....they are about the same.  the tablet appears to be somewhat brighter because the screen is bigger but neither of these are super bright since you need about 2000 nits to be best.  of course the tripltek tablet will work with dji apps since that is what it is made for exactly so i wouldn't call it a selling point because so many other tablets and phones work too despite the complaints on this forum.  if i had to choose, i would go with the smart controller because like most people im looking for a standalone.  the new dji sc is much better than the old one, we just don't know it yet.
2021-10-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-2 04:52
A great alternative is the Tripltek android tablet.  It has a 1200 nits display and easily viewable when outside in the sun.  Besides, rumor has it that a new Smart Controller will be out soon and if maybe the old Smart Controller will go on sale then.

agree the tripltek is a great alternative and you can use it with a plethora of drones.  even if the old dji sc went on sale (depending on how low), i still cannot recommend you buy it.  if you don't already have one by now, it's time to find something a little bit more modern imo.
2021-10-2
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-2 04:52
A great alternative is the Tripltek android tablet.  It has a 1200 nits display and easily viewable when outside in the sun.  Besides, rumor has it that a new Smart Controller will be out soon and if maybe the old Smart Controller will go on sale then.

Why do you merely repeat what I have already said?
2021-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 10-2 05:57
agree the tripltek is a great alternative and you can use it with a plethora of drones.  even if the old dji sc went on sale (depending on how low), i still cannot recommend you buy it.  if you don't already have one by now, it's time to find something a little bit more modern imo.

2021-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules