White Balance Locks?
3952 4 2021-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

I'm wondering, in Mimo App when I lock the exposure it also locks the white balance?

I'm asking this because a footage I've taken I see the white balance changing. Since it was a weekend footage I don't know if it was shot handheld or using the Mimo App.

Since the Pocket doesn't have lock exposure I set it manually, I realised later the white balance was in auto. So I can change that, just choose manually. One problem solved.

But using the Mimo App I normally lock the exposure and let the Pocket choose what it thinks it's the correct exposure, but I don't know if it locks the WB.

Does anyone knows?

Thank you.

2021-10-2
Use props
Arc Light
lvl.4
Canada

Locking exposure is completely independent of white balance.  The only way to lock white balance would be to use it in manual and set the correct white balance.  
2021-10-2
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Arc Light Posted at 10-2 19:29
Locking exposure is completely independent of white balance.  The only way to lock white balance would be to use it in manual and set the correct white balance.

Thank you very much for your answer... you solved my doubt but it's not very clever from DJI, because all the latest phones I had it locks both... what's the point of locking exposure and leave the white balance? Probably there's an explanation for this ;) thank you again.  I'll keep that in mind next time I shoot something.
2021-10-3
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
Netherlands

Ricardo Vieira Posted at 10-3 01:37
Thank you very much for your answer... you solved my doubt  but it's not very clever from DJI, because all the latest phones I had it locks both... what's the point of locking exposure and leave the white balance? Probably there's an explanation for this ;) thank you again.  I'll keep that in mind next time I shoot something.

Simply use manual WB setting that locks the WB, in fact all my daylight shoot is done on WB set to 5200 kelvin. Exposure is sometimes on auto sometimes on manual.

There are many situations you would not want both to be locked, Dji just gives that choice to users.
2021-10-3
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

Ranjan Posted at 10-3 08:05
Simply use manual WB setting that locks the WB, in fact all my daylight shoot is done on WB set to 5200 kelvin. Exposure is sometimes on auto sometimes on manual.

There are many situations you would not want both to be locked, Dji just gives that choice to users.

It makes sense... I normally choose manually WB and exposure on the Pocket... but normally on the Mimo app,  I let it choose the exposure and WB and I thought it would lock everysetting... well, it'sno big deal... just choose manually,  problem solved thank you.
2021-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules