Waypoint Flying - Holding at Waypoints
4253 21 2015-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AerialPhotograp
New
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

After searching high and low I haven't been able to find anything or anyone with the same issue as me so thought I'd post a topic.

I'm currently flying an S900 with A2 flight controller.

The issue I've been having is that when I'm waypoint flying the aircraft holds for randomly long periods of time at waypoints. For example: yesterday I flew three flights at two locations. As part of my Pre-flight checks I calibrated the compass succesfully before continuing... The waypoint hold-time setting is set for 2 seconds.

Flight 1 Location A: 8 waypoints - held at 3 waypoints for over 10 seconds and 1 waypoint for 25 seconds
Flight 1 Location B: 9 waypoints - held at 2 waypoints for over 15 seconds and held at 1 waypoint for over 60 seconds!
Flight 2 Location B: 9 waypoints - held at each waypoint for longer than 2 seconds but didn't hold longer than 5 seconds at any waypoint

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I've flown with waypoints for a while on an S800 with a Wookong FC and didn't have any issues at all. Is it somehting to do with the A2? Do I have a problem with the Ground Station Software/Hardware?

Any help would be great!

Cheers,
James
2015-7-30
Use props
Rennie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have experienced the same, and I have not yet discovered a cure.  In fact, whatever is entered into the 'hold' parameter seems to be ignored - same with 'heading'.   I have read of others experiencing the same, as though it is a bug.

2015-7-30
Use props
steve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

I've had the same, but never for 60 sec. It just seems random.

A bug that hopefully will be fixed. I'm using the A2 with an s1000+, and have experienced this with both the iPad and PC based ground station control.
2015-7-30
Use props
hmarnold
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

Use Adaptive Turn
2015-7-30
Use props
ahmed214
lvl.2

Pakistan

yeah use banked turn except for the first n last waypoint....actually it stays at the same point searching for the exact waypoint exact lat long cordinates
2015-7-31
Use props
steve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

The banked or adaptive turns will certainly move it smoothly through a waypoint.

But when doing still photography I set up a map so that I can take a photo at the waypoint. I'd like it to go there, stay there the number of seconds I told it to, and then move on.
2015-8-2
Use props
Rennie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

"...I'd like it to go there, stay there the number of seconds I told it to, and then move on. "

Me too!

2015-8-3
Use props
HMArnold
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24012 ft
United States

Well, if holding is what you're after, you might try editing each individual waypoint hold time in the editor if you haven't already done that.

For me, the hold times were just wasted time because I want to cover as much acreage as possible on each battery.
2015-8-3
Use props
Rennie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

"Well, if holding is what you're after, you might try editing each individual waypoint hold time in the editor if you haven't already done that."

Yeh, but it doesn't work.
2015-8-4
Use props
Emty
New
Flight distance : 2533 ft
Finland

I have exactly same problem with A2.

No matter what i entered into the "hold" time, it never been the same like i wish. Even when I set the value to 0. I have flown several flight and always same issue.
I think it is a bug, the height tolerance is missing or something similar. Seems like the barometer  searching for the exact height before next  point. Once precise height has achieved the aircraft goes to next waypoint. Sometimes it takes long time 30-60s.

This is my point of view.

2015-8-4
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Please try Bank Turn, if you really want to use Stop and Turn, let the hold time to default 3s instead of 0s to see
2015-8-10
Use props
videodrone
lvl.1
Finland

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-8-11 11:46
Please try Bank Turn, if you really want to use Stop and Turn, let the hold time to default 3s inste ...

This does not eliminate the problem.
2015-8-11
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-8-11 11:46
Please try Bank Turn, if you really want to use Stop and Turn, let the hold time to default 3s inste ...

What an answer is that?
Have you read the previous posts?

Adaptive turn is not what was aimed for.
You can't suggest to use the default value, when the software allows to set customized values to fit specific needs.

Seriously, get rid of those bugs and double check your products, before selling them.
2015-8-11
Use props
leo
New

United Kingdom

I'm fairly new to iPad Ground Station flying, and plan to use this feature for photogrammetry. Like others on the forum, flights programmed from an iPad seem to disregard what entered in the hover time filed. The craft's actual hover time is random but always considerably longer than what is entered. I also discovered that on some patterns the aircraft executes the route better on subsequent loops of the path.
The platform is a S900 with A2 controller.
Is there a cure for this? any help is really appreciated

Leo
2015-11-22
Use props
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

I wake up this post because a have the same issues. The frame is S900 with A2. The hold time in my case sometimes takes longer than 60 seconds.
Do you have any updates about this?

thanks
Bill
2016-3-30
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Ok, the good old Ground Station talk.  ahhh, after 11 s900 & s1000+ in our fleet I can definitely say that using the groundstation is a Joke!  Ground Station is one of the worse app to use with your s900.  Save yourself some time and hassle and try the UGCS.  I use it with all my dji uavs without any problems.  FYI the spread wings are not dji top priority so all apps and upgrades for our platform is wishful thinking.
2016-4-4
Use props
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

Today  try the bank turn mode and the flying is the worst flight ever.
The copter is still wait at least 30 seconds at waypoint 0 or 1 and then complete the mision in a few meters. Something like decrease the "scale" of the original flight plan.
Also i take two purple led flashings (like stick is not in the minimum potition) and after three purple again like this: 00 000
I cannot find anything about this message.
Of course i had made compass calibration before flight

In other hand, i have three other frames with  Wookong m controler and never had this issue
So, do you think it is ground station problem?

edit: As i can see in the ugcs page, ther is no information about compatibility of A2 flight controller but only for the DJI Phantom 2 Vision phantom 3 and inspire 1
2016-4-7
Use props
darko.car
lvl.1
Croatia

vasilis@aerovie Posted at 2016-4-7 13:16
Today  try the bank turn mode and the flying is the worst flight ever.
The copter is still wait at l ...

Hi guys,

I've been using Wookong for 3 years now and never had a similar problem, but, as always is, I've been talked to make a new big hexa with A2. And now, I have that waypoint holding problem. I don't think that any other ground station would be able to solve it since it must be some FW issue. Actually, I am making my own AWM files with everything setup properly, but A2 behaves funny. Few times it stood for 90 sec. on the waypoint, scarry hoowering over the sea 4 km away from me.. I am thinking about replacing it with Wookong. What is happening with ADAPTIVE BANK TURN is also funny since it tries to make smooth turn and for that reason just skips the Waypoint0.
It is not ground station problem.... I have tried both my hexas Wookong and A2 with the same AWM file and Wookong flew smootly while A2 stood frozen for a minute in the first waypoint.
2016-4-7
Use props
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

DJI support, what is your opinion?
2016-4-8
Use props
Aeropixel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117172 ft
India

This problem is resolved and tested multiple times by me.

Any  .AWM file edited in the editor and uploaded then this causes the Hold  problem, if you create file, edit it, save .awm file, close GS, open GS, Open Editor, Open this .awm file, take off, Upload file and then click Go, Vehicle does not hold position with this workflow, anything you edit in Editor and then upload, this uploaded file to A2, insert large Hold values,  this is bug AND can be resolve this way.
2016-11-23
Use props
WU5C
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-8-10 19:46
Please try Bank Turn, if you really want to use Stop and Turn, let the hold time to default 3s instead of 0s to see

Ian very new and I know that this is a very old thread but this is my issue, I have a S900 with A2 controller LightBridge 1 with Futaba T14SG  Zenmuse z15-he GH4  what app or software do I need to get waypoints I cannot attach to DJI Ground Station. I can open and see my video through the DJI LightBridge APP.  WHAT do I need to set waypoints. I need to have waypoints in order to shoot my video thanking you in advance.  Jim
2017-5-25
Use props
aweintraub
lvl.1

United States

Trying to respark this conversation....
I am trying to figure out if the following is possible, AND how to do it:

Fly the drone to several waypoints and have it hover for 1.5 minutes at each waypoint, before moving on.
Thanks.
2022-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules