Video lagging in DJI Mimo App
12615 29 2021-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys, I just bought the DJI OM 5 recently and I noticed that my footage lags a lot in the DJI Mimo App. Anyone got any clues why this happens and how to fix it? Thanks!
2021-10-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Also, could you please provide us with a sample video showing the issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-10-7
Use props
djiuser_wha6XwoYHqgl
New
Hong Kong

Just bought my DJI Osmo Action with the 30 piece accessory package. My question is what adapters in the package do I need to use to connect BOTH the selfie sticks to the camera??  THX.
2021-10-8
Use props
djiuser_yr3nZvKOp27T
New

Bulgaria

On my Samsung S21 Ultro video is also laggy and chopy [1080p 30 fps] Is thwre some optimizatuon or perhaps how to use the stock applicatuon with the buttons?
2021-12-12
Use props
NotroStudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 775420 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I´m having the very same problem, it only works fine at 30fps or over. IPhone 12 pro, OM5. I can not always record at 30FPS due to light flickering

Video sample at 24FPS
2021-12-29
Use props
NotroStudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 775420 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Same thing with an iPhone 12 Pro
2021-12-29
Use props
djiuser_XaHVlLtEcVK9
New
Italy

I have many problem with video with samsung s21 ultra... and dji mimo...help me....!!!!
2022-1-4
Use props
djiuser_GodiT3Delx2n
New

France

Same here! Bought the OM5 because of its compatibility with S21 Ultra and video is laggy. Any solutions?
2022-2-12
Use props
Judders74
New
United Kingdom

I have the same issue, I am using a Note9 and a S9+ and same results, think I am going to return it and go back to my DJI OSMO, not as many features but felt more sturdy and excellent results.
2022-3-3
Use props
djiuser_9JfIlWhSzjD4
New

United Kingdom

Is there any update on this? Having the same issue on my Samsung S21 Ultra. I've been using my stock app as a result but it defeats the purpose to do that as it doesn't have the same functionality as the Dji one.
2022-3-15
Use props
fanse18d4c77
New
Flight distance : 71680 ft

Sweden

I have the same problem with my OM5 and Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. I can only use 30fps for all resolutions. 720p, 1080p and 4k. I have the latest app from Samsung store.

The video doesnt flow, it choppy/studder with the mimo app. If I use the Samsung camera app its buttery smooth but then i cant use any dji functions or Buttons ☹️
Dont know what to do?
2022-3-18
Use props
djiuser_0BXcKcsITx6n
New

Germany

With the Xiaomi Mi10T Pro, there are a lot of stutters in the recordings and artifacts are often distributed over the whole picture.  Filmic Pro, on the other hand, is flawless.
2022-4-7
Use props
Axell
New

Russia

I have the same issue with my new OM5 and Samsung Galaxy M31S.
It is not possible to use DJI MIMO, it is super laggy
2022-5-8
Use props
djiuser_sgvsF0zW7c5l
New

Germany

Hey, I don't know whether it is still relevant, but I had the same problem with the lagging when filming with the mimo app. I tried a bit and ended up turning of the filter option in the top bar. Then the filming went smoothly.
Maybe that still helps
2022-5-17
Use props
Sam YC
New
Singapore

halo, i have the same problem, any one solve it already? i am using osmo 4, and the mimo app so lag
2022-5-31
Use props
djiuser_C23YHtlAnxtk
New

Romania

I have the same problem with S22 Ultra.

Come on, DJI, this company feels cheap and buggy. First you can't manage to get your app in the Play store. What is happening here?!

Second, the video is practically unusable. Therefore the device cannot be used as intended, since it's very laggy. Now I have a device that will sit in the drawer because it is another electronics garbage.

There is no possibility to reverse the direction knob (X and Y axis). I always hit the wrong direction, therefore the videos are ruined again here.

I am very sorry to stick with DJI. I will never buy anything DJI and I will never recommend to anybody to buy DJI. That's it.
2022-6-10
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fanse18d4c77 Posted at 3-18 03:46
I have the same problem with my OM5 and Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. I can only use 30fps for all resolutions. 720p, 1080p and 4k. I have the latest app from Samsung store.

The video doesnt flow, it choppy/studder with the mimo app. If I use the Samsung camera app its buttery smooth but then i cant use any dji functions or Buttons ☹️

You can still use the buttons, but you can't use the functions
2022-6-11
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_sgvsF0zW7c5l Posted at 5-17 11:56
Hey, I don't know whether it is still relevant, but I had the same problem with the lagging when filming with the mimo app. I tried a bit and ended up turning of the filter option in the top bar. Then the filming went smoothly.
Maybe that still helps

I tried that, it's really helped a lot, thanks!
2022-6-11
Use props
Benaliben
New

Turkey

Hi, I also have the same problem. Samsung S21 only supports 720/1080/4K resolutions at 30 frames but the problem is whether I choose one of them my video's frame rate is usually between 18-21? Both front and the rear cameras has the same issue. I tried to switch off effects but it did not work. So I used Omni 5 without the Mimo app. Is there a solution for this problem? Thanks a lot.
2022-6-17
Use props
Zero-Sixx
New

Netherlands

Wow.. I purchased the DJI OM5 a few Days ago, thinking it would be a good match for my Pixel 6 with the latest Android 12 updates installed. You would think they add support fast for these phones, since they are literally known for their great photo and video performance.. The app is laggy, some screens don’t load and when recording with the 1080p selfie cam the footage looks HORRIBLE! The recorded video looks super laggy and nowhere near 30 FPS. If there is no fix for this broken and underperforming android app, I will have to contact the seller to refund me. I was not expecting so much hassle from a product that is literally made to enhance your video quality, not reduce it..

Anyone else with a recent phone or pixel phone who has this same low frame rate problem?
2022-7-25
Use props
propellic
New
Flight distance : 20925 ft
United States

Having the same video problem with the app. Lagging, stuff slow to load. Even using the zoom button on the OM5 causes the video to jump around. Ridiculous. Using an iPhone 13 Pro Max and it’s native video is far superior. Come on DJI.
2022-7-26
Use props
MikArt
New

Germany

Wow no change after this long time? only about money ?... so bad i bought so much of the djo brand ... i went to sell this because no really look to the customers... very very sad and bad...
2022-8-1
Use props
djiuser_aFTINjQ7DphC
New

Austria

Wow made the stupid mistake to buy one today, using S9+ and like every one said, filming with the app is laggy and glitchy , the function buttons are not usable with the phones native camera software so I guess I'm returning it tomorrow.
2022-8-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Pakistan

djiuser_aFTINjQ7DphC Posted at 8-3 10:44
Wow made the stupid mistake to buy one today, using S9+ and like every one said, filming with the app is laggy and glitchy , the function buttons are not usable with the phones native camera software so I guess I'm returning it tomorrow.

I use mine as a portable compact tripod for astrophotography with my Samsung S22 Ultra now
2022-8-13
Use props
djiuser_YiP7Iorawhvr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104587 ft
Ukraine

Hi, Dji! I bought an OM 4 se recently. I use it with my Samsung s21+ on Android 12. What I've noticed after a month of use:
1. Comparing to iOS, Android app functionality is very poor - interface and options are different. I can feel that dji does not appreciate Android users at all.
2. Zooming  - is a disaster, its choppy just as my OM4 got hiccups
2022-8-21
Use props
djiuser_9gKLiuYpNX5Q
New

Finland

Hi guys, I have the same problem, and I think it's can be good to let users to use shutter and zoom buttons in stock camera app till optimizing the app.
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_jvimW0O5UxHy
New
Japan

Anyone reading this: the solution is simple but tricky to get into. Open the choppy video capture on your DJI Mimo app, click on the 3 dots on lower left hand side, click on the 4 small square icon (looks like windows ico) that will take you to the General menu.
From there, go to About and enable Software Decoding.
2022-11-3
Use props
zciUKm88uBnUtbtd0pL4ZA2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52493 ft
Germany

djiuser_jvimW0O5UxHy Posted at 11-3 05:04
Anyone reading this: the solution is simple but tricky to get into. Open the choppy video capture on your DJI Mimo app, click on the 3 dots on lower left hand side, click on the 4 small square icon (looks like windows ico) that will take you to the General menu.

Now you saved my day, this solved the problem and it works great on my Pocket 2
2022-11-4
Use props
djiuser_0z9qmhVlkOKb
lvl.1

India

Found the solution.

Just next to the three dots in mimo app, there is a filter face icon. Click on it and turn it off. The mimo app video will become smooth.
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_w88pY4bNdpqM
New

Sri Lanka

djiuser_jvimW0O5UxHy Posted at 2022-11-3 05:04
Anyone reading this: the solution is simple but tricky to get into. Open the choppy video capture on your DJI Mimo app, click on the 3 dots on lower left hand side, click on the 4 small square icon (looks like windows ico) that will take you to the General menu.

Hi. I followed your instructions but under the four squares that look like a windows logo i have no About and in no setting i find anything about software encoding. Any advise where they moved this setting? I'm using the Android app.
2023-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules