Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dji fly 1.4.12 error "yellow" home point
2419 27 2021-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
George GR
Captain
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

"yellow" home point stays hidden under the crafts icon. However RTH does work.
Turning the landed aircraft on it's side the yellow icon starts jumping around. Wondering what it is indicating but certainly not the home point.

the signal too bad!
back to version 1.4.8 (1185)

2021-10-9
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So i am not the only person who is frustrated about this version, DJI engineers making a mess of this app.

see > https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556

cheers
JJB
2021-10-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Makes you wonder who at DJI QA'd this software update before it was released?  Appears nobody did any QA.  DJI software team needs help.
2021-10-9
Use props
steamship
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-9 04:08
Makes you wonder who at DJI QA'd this software update before it was released?  Appears nobody did QA.  There software team needs help.

Their entire team need sacking immediately.

I've just watched the video above that George GR posted and my reaction was 'Holy ****!'. Now this is only based on the video above, but the Home point indicator is getting its position from the distance travelled. Look at the indicator at 90m, 180m, 270, 360m, etc. Even better, as the drone is turned round and the distance decreasing, the Home point is now moving anti-clockwise. Seriously? This isn't just a 'slight mistake', it's an absolute disgrace, and I'm doing my best to be polite about it.
2021-10-9
Use props
George GR
Captain
Greece

JJB* Posted at 10-9 03:52
So i am not the only person who is frustrated about this version, DJI engineers making a mess of this app.

and the admin answer here in the forum will be: which phone device is used? mate 20 lite (I answer) and then the administrator says: this device is not compatible with dji fly.
but I have been with the mate 20 lite device for 2 years, which is the dji fly application, and I have never had any problems!
2021-10-9
Use props
George GR
Captain
Greece

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-9 04:08
Makes you wonder who at DJI QA'd this software update before it was released?  Appears nobody did QA.  There software team needs help.

dji sleeps standing up!
2021-10-9
Use props
George GR
Captain
Greece

steamship Posted at 10-9 04:18

I've just watched the video above that George GR posted and my reaction was 'Holy ****!'. Now this is only based on the video above, but the Home point indicator is getting its position from the distance travelled. Look at the indicator at 90m, 180m, 270, 360m, etc. Even better, as the drone is turned round and the distance decreasing, the Home point is now moving anti-clockwise. Seriously? This isn't just a 'slight mistake', it's an absolute disgrace, and I'm doing my best to be polite about it.

I agree that everyone should be fired
2021-10-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I've just watched the video above that George GR posted and my reaction was 'Holy ****!'. Now this is only based on the video above, but the Home point indicator is getting its position from the distance travelled. Look at the indicator at 90m, 180m, 270, 360m, etc. Even better, as the drone is turned round and the distance decreasing, the Home point is now moving anti-clockwise. Seriously? This isn't just a 'slight mistake', it's an absolute disgrace, and I'm doing my best to be polite about it.

Couldn't agree more.
2021-10-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

George GR Posted at 10-9 04:27
and the admin answer here in the forum will be: which phone device is used? mate 20 lite (I answer) and then the administrator says: this device is not compatible with dji fly.
but I have been with the mate 20 lite device for 2 years, which is the dji fly application, and I have never had any problems!

I tried it on 2 Samsung devices, both of which are on the compatibility list, and the issue is not the mobile device its the software coding in the update.  
2021-10-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

George GR Posted at 10-9 04:28
dji sleeps standing up!

You nailed it!
2021-10-9
Use props
George GR
Captain
Greece

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-9 05:11
I tried it on 2 Samsung devices, both of which are on the compatibility list, and the issue is not the mobile device its the software coding in the update.

I know! I am a web developer
2021-10-9
Use props
George GR
Captain
Greece

but he must wake up before it is too late! out there are now drone competitors
2021-10-9
Use props
MBSL500
First Officer
United States

George GR Posted at 10-9 05:20

But he does thank you for your support and understanding.

2021-10-9
Use props
Abel nt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 77398 ft
Spain

Yellow indicador is no more home point. Now is a distance clock style....
In future versions aircraft icon Will be a pockemon and in radar view, you Will see other pockemons for  your pockeball... Mini3 will have a Pikachu look...
2021-10-9
Use props
George GR
Captain
Greece

Abel nt Posted at 10-9 05:57
Yellow indicador is no more home point. Now is a distance clock style....
In future versions aircraft icon Will be a pockemon and in radar view, you Will see other pockemons for  your pockeball... Mini3 will have a Pikachu look...

2021-10-9
Use props
George GR
Captain
Greece

where are the administrators to get the errors from version 1.4.12 ???
2021-10-9
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17232310 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Πέτα με το χάρτη Γιώργο. Εγώ δεν είδα κανένα θέμα εμβέλειας ή συμβατότητας. Όντως υπάρχει θέμα με την πιξίδα αλλά τουλάχιστον σε εμένα τρέχει το ίδιο καλά με την 1.4.8 1185.  
2021-10-10
Use props
Johnny_J
First Officer

Sweden

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 10-10 00:59
Πέτα με το χάρτη Γιώργο. Εγώ δεν είδα κανένα θέμα εμβέλειας ή συμβατότητας. Όντως υπάρχει θέμα με την πιξίδα αλλά τουλάχιστον σε εμένα τρέχει το ίδιο καλά με την 1.4.8 1185.

If you insist in writing in Greek, why can't you then use Google translate or any translation service and post the translation instead?

I've done it for you:

Fly with the map George. I did not see any issues with scope or compatibility. There is indeed an issue with the compass but at least for me it runs as well as 1.4.8 1185.
2021-10-10
Use props
George GR
Captain
Greece

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 10-10 00:59

Καλημέρα Γιώργο!
από το ίδιο μέρος πάνω στην ταράτσα με την έκδοση 1.4.8 1185 το σήμα δεν έπεφτε, με την τελευταία έκδοση 1.4.12 το σήμα πέφτει

όπως είδες και στο παραπάνω βίντεο η πυξίδα γυρίζει από τα δεξιά  όταν πάω μπροστά, και όταν πάω πίσω γυρνάει η πυξίδα από τα αριστερά

Goodmorning George!
from the same place on the roof with version 1.4.8 1185 the signal did not fall, with the latest version 1.4.12 the signal drops

as you saw in the video above the compass turns from the right when I go forward, and when I go back the compass turns from the left
2021-10-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

George GR Posted at 10-9 05:18
I know! I am a web developer

2021-10-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

George GR Posted at 10-9 05:20

There are competitors out there but at this point DJI is quite a bit ahead of them drone performance wise.  But the level of App update support for DJI is atrocious and will only hurt them in the long run.   
2021-10-10
Use props
notnowkato

United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-9 05:11
I tried it on 2 Samsung devices, both of which are on the compatibility list, and the issue is not the mobile device its the software coding in the update.

Same with me, both a Note 10+ and TabA7 lte .
2021-10-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
Flight distance : 18076785 ft
United States

The newest, out just today, version has all this corrected.
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_lwTqLU7tusoG
lvl.1

Slovakia

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-12 10:28

you mean the DJI Fly v1.4.12 build 1410 ?
that's great news
2021-10-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
Captain
Flight distance : 18076785 ft
United States

djiuser_lwTqLU7tusoG Posted at 10-12 10:31
you mean the DJI Fly v1.4.12 build 1410 ?
that's great news

Yes. Just came in from trying it out. Everything is as it should be. The compass is correct. The front LED control is back. The streaming option is there. Distance is a little better than before. ZERO problems. I had to sign in, then set unit measurement. The flight records also show up under "Profile" immediately, they were taking a few minutes.
2021-10-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

notnowkato Posted at 10-12 09:35
Same with me, both a Note 10+ and TabA7 lte .

2021-10-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-12 10:28

Great, thanks for sharing.
2021-10-13
Use props
rubio66
lvl.1

Italy

They pretend nothing has happened, there are dozens of videos on youtube of people, with all kinds of devices that with the previous version did not give problems. Now, one of the most common, is the forced landing of the drone with up to 45 percent battery, the last one to fall into the lake.
2021-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules