Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why don’t turn off on a crash?
729 7 2021-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodrigo_sclosa
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi people,
I have a DJI FPV drone and i was using it about 4 months, until last wednesday… I have a simples freeze frame exactly the moment that i was passing by an metal arc and i lost the control and crashes into the arc…

It was a simple crash, i was expecting  that could broke the arms… But after the crash, the drone got crazy on by downside, got full throtle and I cant turn it off… This strange behavior has damaged a lot of the drone, because the front motors has broken from arms and hits everything on the drone shell, and has taken off the bottom sensors board with entire shell and flat cable… So, I only was able to turn it off by looking into the goggles, putting it on Manual mode and switching it off by the swithc off motor functions from configuration menu of the controller..

But it was so scary and unsafe the drone being on that behavior about 3 minutes and it cant turn off!!

So, why the drone dont turned himself off after the crash? It was much more secure and safelly!

What should I do now with this dammaged drone??

Thanks!
49DE30B9-D29E-4EED-B188-3E44BB7D8A09.jpeg
F1423A78-2AA3-4311-84EC-1C3DA670C9CB.jpeg
2021-10-9
Use props
Max90payneFPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

If the drone was in manual mode, the motors must be turned off manually !! It says in the manual how to do it !!!
2021-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-10-10
Use props
rodrigo_sclosa
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-10 01:46
Hi, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks!
I'm from Brazil.. What should I do?
2021-10-11
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Bad idea to auto cut motors on impact, you could drop the drone in water or off a cliff, much better to master manual mode or normal with knowing how to turn off csc when needed.
2021-10-11
Use props
rodrigo_sclosa
lvl.1
Brazil

Whoreable Posted at 10-11 21:40
Bad idea to auto cut motors on impact, you could drop the drone in water or off a cliff, much better to master manual mode or normal with knowing how to turn off csc when needed.

But the drone falling upside down and being accelerated alone with throttle at maximum is a bad idea...

I've been flying FPV drones for over 4 years with Betaflight and other software... And they all automatically shut down in case of a strong crash and upside-down fall...

It's a matter of security, not convenience...

Better for the drone to fall into the water turned off, than fall on a person, a child or a dangerous place like chemical or flammable tanks and you can't turn it off, as was my case, where I spent almost 2 minutes trying to do it he turned off and he didn't obey... I had to reconfigure through the glasses menu the option to turn off the motors manually, after that it turned off...
2021-10-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

rodrigo_sclosa Posted at 10-11 20:58
Thanks!
I'm from Brazil.. What should I do?

You're welcome. Kindly please access the link above (https://www.dji.com/support) Have a great day ahead.
2021-10-14
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Sorry for your loss. What are the red mounts by the gimbal?
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules