P3 Pro update has failed, linking to remote failed, beep of death
2069 16 2015-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
teknolojay
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Been trying multiple times to update the aircraft and deleting the log file everytime, yet all efforts end with long constant beep of death "DDDDDDD..."
Additionally, the controller does not seem to recognize or link up to the craft anymore. I have tried re-linking procedure of Linking RC on app and pressing little button on the aircraft, but the red light is on from power on, and will not change color no matter i press small button or not.

I updated the controller successfully on the same card i tried with the aircraft.

I have searched this forum over and over, but i have not yet found anything that works for me. I hope someone out there has a solution!

Here is the report:
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:01:14 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

2015-7-30
Use props
Pocoloko
lvl.1

Brazil

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-7-30
Use props
teknolojay
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Pocoloko Posted at 2015-7-31 03:25
**** The posts are shielded ****

I'm not sure what this means.
Still trying to fix my P3Pro without luck.
2015-7-30
Use props
alessandrowr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172431 ft
Hong Kong

Hey buddy,

Same thing here. the constant beeping and now all the lights are off. Only the battery light is working and the volume of the beep has raised.
I tried connecting to the RC and it says it does not recognize it but i can still move and do a few thing with it using the app. It says that i need to update my aircraft as well. And It gives a tip why there's no conection. It asks me to check the 8 pin plug on the plate of the gimbal to see if it's not disconnected.
Reformatted a few times and tried again with no success. If you know anything let me know.
Ill do the same.
Thanks
2015-8-4
Use props
marinoupa
lvl.1

Cyprus

Just be patient !! My P3P did also strange things during update but the only thing I had to do is to wait !!  The update will finish in about 25 minutes and you will see the GIMBAL LED in solid green !!
2015-8-4
Use props
philby1
lvl.1

Israel

marinoupa@hotma Posted at 2015-8-4 21:47
Just be patient !! My P3P did also strange things during update but the only thing I had to do is to ...

Your controller may have lost its link to the Phantom.  Look on the phantom[ somewhere there is a small hole that you have to press using a pin or something tp relink the controller to the plane.  Never had to try it but seacrch the foroms for relinking controller or some such
2015-8-4
Use props
philby1
lvl.1

Israel

philby1 Posted at 2015-8-4 22:45
Your controller may have lost its link to the Phantom.  Look on the phantom[ somewhere there is a  ...

Found this for you:
Try to rebind the p3 to the controller.  You push a button on the gimble with a paper clip and then in the pilot app settings select "linking rc" after pushing the button on the p3..  That should re sync them..  I've had to do that on my lightbridge once after a firmware upgrade and it's been working fine ever since
2015-8-4
Use props
Chadian
lvl.1
Canada

philby1 Posted at 2015-8-4 22:47
Found this for you:
Try to rebind the p3 to the controller.  You push a button on the gimble with  ...

I Have the Same Problem And I have Tried Everything I have finally got he newest update to install
But now I have lost connection to the P3P I have tried this http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... l-Remote_Controller
Many times and nothing Dji wants me to ship it back but there has to be a better way
If I can just get it to connect agian I am using a samsung s galexy 5 And dji piolt app 1.2.0
As there are no dji go apps for android as of right nowSo the main error I get is ========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin any help would be greatly appreciated I have been Grounded for one and a half months .. Please Help
2015-8-4
Use props
Steve.Petry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure  the correct firmware is installed P3A or P3P, these are different.
2015-8-4
Use props
Chadian
lvl.1
Canada

Steve.Petry Posted at 2015-8-5 09:42

Yes I have done all Of that. I even went as far to ask dji if you need to step your firmware and they told me no you don't the latest firmware would have everthing that the older firmware would have. I know it a software issue and i really don't want to send it back just for that if i can fixs it
2015-8-4
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Well it never did anything of things  for me.  Finanly unplugged it, turn it on and viola...the app shows the updated firmware.  Don't ask me how.  All the lights blinked yellow and old red and made that awful sound, but somehow it took
2015-8-4
Use props
Chadian
lvl.1
Canada

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-8-5 10:17
Well it never did anything of things  for me.  Finanly unplugged it, turn it on and viola...the app  ...

I have never installed the 1.19 firmware I was at work and when i got back there was another one already out I think it was for the camera fix so i installed that one from there one anything i did was hopeless so i went back to work and they came out with a new firmware that took a lot better in the log file anyways so both my controller and aircraft are up to date with the newest firmware and the dji pilot app the newest you can get for android all I NEED now iS TO fIND A WAY TO PAIR THE p3p to the remote any suggestions? I am REALLY thinking about sending it away it just sucks because i know they're just going to look at it hit one thing send it back and by that time i am told the new app will be out for android dji go and my phone galaxy s5 wont be enough? to run it? I have been talking to them and they told me i would need to get another device boo looks like there more supportive towards apple
2015-8-5
Use props
Chadian
lvl.1
Canada

Chadian Posted at 2015-8-6 03:36
I have never installed the 1.19 firmware I was at work and when i got back there was another one a ...

Ok I've Been Trying to call Dji all day at different time and all i'm getting is our agents are unavailable to take your call right now and hangs up on you lol this doesn't deter me I call many more time during the day I get through a few time waiting a hold for a bit with that elevator music and it come back on to say all are agents are unavailable to take your call right now .WTF
2015-8-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Page 28 & 29 of the full manual gives instruction on how to link the transmitter to the P3P.  Unless there is a firmware mismatch this should work.  
2015-8-5
Use props
teknolojay
lvl.1

Hong Kong

OK, I have sent the aircraft and the remote to DJI and they have fixed the remote and aircraft link. However, they have returned the devices without the later version of the firmware. I have attempted to update the firmware multiple times from v1.1.9 to v1.2.6. tried several time to do the upgrade to  v1.3.20 but no success. Letting the aircraft cool down now and going to try again. Failing that, I will be returning the DJI product to my dealer and then over to DJI for another service attempt.
2015-9-10
Use props
teknolojay
lvl.1

Hong Kong

It has taken so much time to get the product back that I replied a bit later that I would have liked. Has anyone been able to fix the failing update issue?
2015-9-10
Use props
teknolojay
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Steve.Petry Posted at 2015-8-5 09:42

Yes, it would have been easy to mix up these based on how DJi places the downloads between the Advanced and Professional versions so closely together. But rest assured, I have made absolutely sure that I selected the right file.
2015-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules