Ronin GCU / circuit board plug replacement
6868 2 2015-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hector.skevingt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

When replacing the 50mm extension arm bars on my Ronin, the small 6 pin cable plug that attaches to the motor circuit board broke. This is the same plug that goes into the GCU at the other end.
It was glued to the motor housing lid so when I removed the motor housing lid it ripped apart and left the cable loose. I dont whether this is a commion problem but it really caused a big issue and I spent two days searching the internet trying to find a replacement as it seemed crazy to send my Ronin all the way to Germany for one tiny plug. After ordering 5 different types I finally found the right one...

The replacement plug:

GH 1.25mm pitch housing 6 way
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-connector-housings/7521743/

If you arew looking elsewhere for this plug, the pitch is 1.25mm and this means the distance between the cable spacings. Very important.

I hope this helps!

2015-06-10 11.28.43.jpeg
2015-06-10 11.25.17.jpeg
2015-06-10 11.28.43.jpeg
2015-7-30
Use props
jonwizard
New
United States

I'm guessing here, but I think it's the same connector for the small PCB in the taillight housing. I didn't know it was back there and accidentally tore the connector apart. After searching around, I saw the JST Sales America GHR-06V-S looked to be about the same thing, so I bought that. I too was wary of sending my Inspire 1 several hundred miles for a simple plug.

GHR-06V-S

GHR-06V-S

Taillight Assembly wires

Taillight Assembly wires
2016-1-21
Use props
Metaeditor
lvl.1

Austria

Hello Hector
Have to replace a burned Motor , do you have any hint how to open the motor housing x-Axis
Cant seed any option open it without force .
Any hint highly appreciate
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules