Zenmuse P1 stops taking photos during mission and other issues
1787 6 2021-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2998255 ft
Australia

I have done a lot of mapping with the Zenmuse P1 since we got it early this year but have a few issues that show up that can cause huge headaches.

- SD Card is full the drone will keep going on it's mission
- The camera stopped taking photos and continued to fly it's mission

This is pretty ordinary behaviour from such an intergrated system that realies on all the communication to function as advertised, for example if the RTK single becomes weak for any reason (usually distance) it will stop midlfight until you press the button to continue the mission, why hasn't that same behaviour been programmed into the above issues?

Anyways if this could be passed onto the support team and implemented into the next firmware update that would be great, if anyone has any tips on how to prevent this already let me know. Maybe I have missed a setting or something?

2021-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not use a bigger SD card. They are so cheap now.  
2021-10-12
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 10-12 14:26
Why not use a bigger SD card. They are so cheap now.

It's not the point, it should pause the mission and not keep flying. 128GB is usually enough for one mission but sometimes I go over that. I have more than one card in my kit but a little window on the screen stating the card is full isn't good enough in my opinion.
2021-10-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Craig_Tas Posted at 10-12 14:39
It's not the point, it should pause the mission and not keep flying. 128GB is usually enough for one mission but sometimes I go over that. I have more than one card in my kit but a little window on the screen stating the card is full isn't good enough in my opinion.

Hi, Craig_Tas. Sorry for any inconvenience. When the SD card is full during the mission flight, the camera will continue to execute the mission and take photos. Since the storage of the SD card has been full at that time, the camera actually did not finishing photography though it trigger the order. The App will prompt that SD is full. The camera neither takes photos nor covers the photos shot before. We suggest you confirm the storage of the SD card before you take a mission flight and separate one long mission course into several short courses.
2021-10-12
Use props
Craig_Tas
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-12 22:49
Hi, Craig_Tas. Sorry for any inconvenience. When the SD card is full during the mission flight, the camera will continue to execute the mission and take photos. Since the storage of the SD card has been full at that time, the camera actually did not finishing photography though it trigger the order. The App will prompt that SD is full. The camera neither takes photos nor covers the photos shot before. We suggest you confirm the storage of the SD card before you take a mission flight and separate one long mission course into several short courses.

That isn't good enough to be honest, it should pause, considering I could run a mission that captures more than even the highest SD card supported by the P1. Can you at least roll back to where it stopped in the mission and continue from there? I know you can modify the mission to start where it left off I guess but really this should be a basic feature.

The other day it just stopped taking photos for no reason and just kept going I caught it in time and paused and started again and it fixed it, bugs happen. I am processing the mesh now but if it has a giant hole in it I will need to do the entire 2 hour job again.
2021-10-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Craig_Tas Posted at 10-13 01:21
That isn't good enough to be honest, it should pause, considering I could run a mission that captures more than even the highest SD card supported by the P1. Can you at least roll back to where it stopped in the mission and continue from there? I know you can modify the mission to start where it left off I guess but really this should be a basic feature.

The other day it just stopped taking photos for no reason and just kept going I caught it in time and paused and started again and it fixed it, bugs happen. I am processing the mesh now but if it has a giant hole in it I will need to do the entire 2 hour job again.

Hello, there. Thank you for your advice. We will forward it to our designated teams. Sorry for any inconvenience brought to your work. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2021-10-13
Use props
SoberTiger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1829416 ft

Canada

We Have experienced the same problem as Craig_Tas and he has a point. This shouldn't happen, preferably the mission should stop instead of showing a little prompt window on the app.

Who's gonna continue flying the mission without taking any photos anyway ? It only makes the Post Processing harder since few images will be missing depending on when you manually stop the Aircraft. The only solutions to a Full SD Card is to empty it through the Pilot App or Physically change the SD Card. Either way, the best and quickest method is to Physically change the SD Card which require to land the Aircraft. Therefore, there is no need for the aircraft to continue the planned mission...
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules