2592 12 2021-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17520892 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Is it common that the Mini 2 does not fly perfectly straight, goes a little like a crab. I have to stop in mid air leave it for 3 to 5 seconds. As soon as i start then it goes straight.

I performed and IMU CAL

Thanks,
2021-10-13
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would suggest re-posting in the Mini 2 area? Might be more relative suggestions?
2021-10-13
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

jmb63 Posted at 10-13 06:09
I would suggest re-posting in the Mini 2 area? Might be more relative suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestion ,i thought i posted it there, but it looks like i am not.
2021-10-13
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Other than that...Have you tried calibrating the remote controller
2021-10-13
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

The drone flies straight, but the gimball is not allways aligned with the drone (3 axis), so sometimes it's a bit off to one side and it seems by looking the footage that the drone is flying a bit sideways.

The solution is just stop a few seconds and let the gimball recenter itself.
2021-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there GeorgeFoxCinematography. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error messages on the DJI fly application when this issue is happening and kindly please try to calibrate the remote controller of your DJI Mini 2 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.
2021-10-13
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-13 19:10
Hello there GeorgeFoxCinematography. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you receiving any error messages on the DJI fly application when this issue is happening and kindly please try to calibrate the remote controller of your DJI Mini 2 for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Thank you.

Hi,
No I am not receiving any error messages. I calibrated the IMU, gimbal and also the controller. I can see it on the map that fly like I am pushing the right stick on the left. It fixes when I stop for a due seconds. I don’t recall doing something like that in the past. I believe it started something like a month ago maybe, and it is very obvious when I take off and accelerate immediately without waiting on the air. No crash or hard landings.

Thanks,
2021-10-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you saying that the logs show you manually pushing to the left? If not, then the drone is just adjusting to the path and camera angle. It happens to me a lot but not much of a problem. Maybe I am adjusting the camera angle without knowing it.
2021-10-13
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

GaryDoug Posted at 10-13 21:49
Are you saying that the logs show you manually pushing to the left? If not, then the drone is just adjusting to the path and camera angle. It happens to me a lot but not much of a problem. Maybe I am adjusting the camera angle without knowing it.

Not manual, ie i am going backwards without any other input and the drone drifts to the right(not angle, where you look). No other manual inputs. I will take screenshot standby.

Thanks,
2021-10-13
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

My input is back and up ,and the drone drifts to the right. See the circle.
Screenshot_20211014-091138.jpg
2021-10-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would probably be better to post a flight log. That would be best for the more advanced members here to analyze.
2021-10-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try posting the log here - http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/  and then tell us the time at which it occurs.
2021-10-13
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cyprus

The drift was resolved with another IMU and Compass calibration. Althought i was still able to see the drone not flying straight. After some research it seems that the gimbal was a little off. After another auto gimbal calibration the problem was still there ,so i did a manual yaw offset and now it goes perfectly straight. Flew in windy conditions to a traget of more than 2 kilometers away and it was always on the cross.

Thanks
2021-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules