Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
From my smartphone - how do I pan (and not pitch) and slowly?
3868 11 2021-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chenkev1
lvl.1

Canada

I'm trying to take some cinematic shots with my Pocket 2, I want to be able to only pan with my smartphone. I try my best to use the smartphone controls but I always end up tilting a bit. Also, I want it to pan very slowly.

I see the functionality with timelapse; but I'd like to do it in regular video. How do I go about this? Thank you,

2021-10-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

The Mimo app has a setting for two different control modes. The setting is called "Gimbal Easy Control" and can be found from the Mimo app's camera view. On the left, tap the three dots on lower left corner, then tap on the camera icon - there you find the slider switch for the function. Having this on only gives you one joystick that moves in all directions, while having it off gives you two joysticks - one for tilt and another for pan axis. While that makes diagonal movements harder, it enables you to tilt or pan in a completely straight line without movements into the unintended directions.

Also, the controls on the display are analogue (though they are somewhat hard to operate without tactile feedback) - move the joystick only a little and the speed is slower, while moving it more makes the speed faster.

Besides, I do remember seeing some kind of panning option in the Story mode menu, though it seems like it's duration can't be adjusted. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
2021-10-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Personally I would simply pan by hand - set it to tilt lock, and slowly turn the whole camera - much more controllable.
2021-10-13
Use props
Ranjan
Captain
India

HGDC84 Posted at 10-13 08:09
The Mimo app has a setting for two different control modes. The setting is called "Gimbal Easy Control" and can be found from the Mimo app's camera view. On the left, tap the three dots on lower left corner, then tap on the camera icon - there you find the slider switch for the function. Having this on only gives you one joystick that moves in all directions, while having it off gives you two joysticks - one for tilt and another for pan axis. While that makes diagonal movements harder, it enables you to tilt or pan in a completely straight line without movements into the unintended directions.

Also, the controls on the display are analogue (though they are somewhat hard to operate without tactile feedback) - move the joystick only a little and the speed is slower, while moving it more makes the speed faster.

Wow! I never knew you could do that with Mimo app. That setting is On by default I guess & I never bothered to switch it off.

Thanks for sharing this I will switch that off now onwards.
2021-10-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 10-13 08:09
The Mimo app has a setting for two different control modes. The setting is called "Gimbal Easy Control" and can be found from the Mimo app's camera view. On the left, tap the three dots on lower left corner, then tap on the camera icon - there you find the slider switch for the function. Having this on only gives you one joystick that moves in all directions, while having it off gives you two joysticks - one for tilt and another for pan axis. While that makes diagonal movements harder, it enables you to tilt or pan in a completely straight line without movements into the unintended directions.

Also, the controls on the display are analogue (though they are somewhat hard to operate without tactile feedback) - move the joystick only a little and the speed is slower, while moving it more makes the speed faster.

Great info.  Thanks for sharing.  
2021-10-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Ranjan Posted at 10-13 18:41
Wow! I never knew you could do that with Mimo app. That setting is On by default I guess & I never bothered to switch it off.

Thanks for sharing this I will switch that off now onwards.

Glad to hear you found my observations useful. I have to admit, it took myself too a while to find the setting. And yes, it is on by default.
2021-10-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-14 04:46
Great info.  Thanks for sharing.

Nice to hear you found it useful. :-)
2021-10-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 10-15 00:32
Nice to hear you found it useful. :-)

Always nice to learn something new.  Hope you have a great weekend.
2021-10-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-15 03:01
Always nice to learn something new.  Hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks, you too! :-)
2021-10-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 10-15 12:42
Thanks, you too! :-)

Hope so as I have a dive party lined up.  
2021-10-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-16 04:21
Hope so as I have a dive party lined up.

That sounds nice, hope you have fun :-)
2021-10-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 10-16 10:22
That sounds nice, hope you have fun :-)

Thank you.  
2021-10-17