Differences between normal remote control DJI for Mini2 and DJI
1041 8 2021-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

Differences between normal remote control DJI for Mini2 and DJI Smart Controller with Android system?

Because of the screen brightness, which is much brighter than the iPhone and iPad, I want to switch to a DJI Smart Controller.

I have read that there are fewer options due to the Android running on it compared to the normal remote control.
Is that correct ? And what can Android not do compared to the normal remote control? on the Smart Controller ?.

And are there any disconnections with the Smart Controller with Android that I don't have with the normal remote control?

Thanks for the information before I buy such a DJI Smart Controller for my Mini2.

2021-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pinarek. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The advantage of the DJI Smart Controller benefits from OcuSync Full-HD video-transmission technology. This means that the device automatically switches between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz. This helps to reduce the influence of environmental interference on drone operation and image quality. In addition The DJI Smart Controller is designed to maximize your outdoor flying experience with the DJI Mini 2.  A 5.5-inch built-in screen displays clear, bright images, even under challenging conditions. Intuitive controls and pre-installed features like  the DJI Fly application get you up in the air quicker, clearer, and more conveniently than ever before. Thank you.
2021-10-13
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Pinarek,

moving from a Mavic pro to a Mavic 2 pro, I bought a smart controller. Reasons: brighter screen in sunlight, no problems with disconnecting usb cables, fast setup as you don't need to plugin cables.

Disadvantange is that it's an older Android version, not the latest. What you can't do? I do not know. I fly two drones with it, a M2P and a mini 2. Got Go 4 app, Litchi and DroneLink installed on it for my M2P, latest Fly app for my Mini 2.  You might not be able to install some apps you would be able to install on a smartphone. (Can't think right away of one I would like to use on it).

One disadvantage: it is expensive considering the price of the mini 2. And since I already had it for the M2P, which I never regretted, I'm using it for the mini2 as well. It's being used a lot, so I don't consider it as a lost investment.
Occusync works on the standard controller the same as on the SC. No difference on that behalf. Be aware a new SC will probably show up in the near future, capable of Occusync 3.0
The SC now uses Ocusync 2.0. Works perfect with Mini 2, Mavic Air 2s, Mavic 2, Phantom 4. Never had problems flying my drones with it.
2021-10-13
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is the screen size of the SC? I can't find that on the DJI site. Is there a reason for that. It is tiny? My old eyes want to know ;-)
2021-10-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 10-13 22:06
What is the screen size of the SC? I can't find that on the DJI site. Is there a reason for that. It is tiny? My old eyes want to know ;-)

A 5.5-inch built-in screen display
2021-10-13
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

GaryDoug Posted at 10-13 22:06
What is the screen size of the SC? I can't find that on the DJI site. Is there a reason for that. It is tiny? My old eyes want to know ;-)

It's 5,5 "
https://www.dji.com/gr/smart-controller

It should be written here, too but no

https://www.dji.com/gr/smart-controller/specs
2021-10-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the rumours are correct we might see a new smart controller this month once the Mavic 3 is launched,  might be worth waiting for that as the current one is a little old now.
2021-10-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rumors of a newer Smart Controller (SC) to be released soon after Mavic 3.  Not sure if it will be compatible with Mini 2.  Current version of SC is getting harder to find in stock.  Best of luck in making your decision.
2021-10-14
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

Thanks to all friends here for rating the SC.
Money is not so important, here in Germany I have the opportunity to rent such a SC for weeks or months at a reasonable price for 9 euros.

But as I already thought, friend @JohnDG writes that an older Andriod OS is running on it and I'm always skeptical about what can happen,
for example, disconnections or crashes of the OS itself.

Ok, I'll wait a while, currently I can also fly well with my brand new iPad 6 mini.
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules