Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Just renewed my UK Operator ID
New number given and its a long one..  XXX-XX-XXXXXXXXXXXX  19 including dashes

Same goes for the flyer ID if you take the new test and pass.
2021-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there UKMoose. Good day and thank you for sharing these information about the New UK Operator ID with us here at DJI Forum. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2021-10-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe these new IDs bring us inline with the European ID's UKMoose.  Should mean from next year we can fly in EU without taking separate test or registration for each country.
2021-10-13
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-13 23:44
I believe these new IDs bring us inline with the European ID's UKMoose.  Should mean from next year we can fly in EU without taking separate test or registration for each country.

OK, thanks for that, it did say that this new number is for life, I have my ID on the outside of the drone which is now certainly easy to see
2021-10-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 10-14 00:47
OK, thanks for that, it did say that this new number is for life, I have my ID on the outside of the drone which is now certainly easy to see

Last year when I renewed mine they warned the number would change.   

I put mine under the battery or inside the flap on the Mini2.  They dont need to be on display just accessible without tools.
2021-10-14
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-14 01:16
Last year when I renewed mine they warned the number would change.   

I put mine under the battery or inside the flap on the Mini2.  They dont need to be on display just accessible without tools.

Yes I seem to remember that. A few people have remarked on what the the number is and seem to be pleased that it is actually registered. So I'm happy to have it on the side of the drone.
2021-10-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 10-14 04:30
Yes I seem to remember that. A few people have remarked on what the the number is and seem to be pleased that it is actually registered. So I'm happy to have it on the side of the drone.

Blimey.  The people who talk to me when flying usually haven’t got a clue.  
2021-10-14
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-14 04:31
Blimey.  The people who talk to me when flying usually haven’t got a clue.

Never had a problem, people just seem interested, usually say things like I seen these on tv but never seen one close up.
So all good really. I'm sure there will be a time when I meet some do gooder.
2021-10-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UKMoose Posted at 10-14 04:36
Never had a problem, people just seem interested, usually say things like I seen these on tv but never seen one close up.
So all good really. I'm sure there will be a time when I meet some do gooder.

Only met one woman who had a problem. She literally screamed at me for flying over the sea in November,  kept telling me I couldn’t fly there.  I landed and walked away. Wasn’t worth it.  Everyone else has been super friendly and interested.
2021-10-14
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-14 04:49
Only met one woman who had a problem. She literally screamed at me for flying over the sea in November,  kept telling me I couldn’t fly there.  I landed and walked away. Wasn’t worth it.  Everyone else has been super friendly and interested.

I fly on the beach when we are away, but always check the crown estate map for there coastal land, worked well for me. Northumberland is the place, miles of crown estate's beach and very few people. A bit antisocial as I've got older.
2021-10-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes and  now that we have these new numbers it should do away with the need to change them every year.
2021-10-14
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-14 04:49
Only met one woman who had a problem. She literally screamed at me for flying over the sea in November,  kept telling me I couldn’t fly there.  I landed and walked away. Wasn’t worth it.  Everyone else has been super friendly and interested.

I've only had one experience of someone who had appointed themself to the DronePolice.  Soon managed to put her straight.  Usually people are interested rather than alarmed.  Those who are, I give them my YT alias and tell them to take a look in a couple of days' time. It usually earns me a good few more views and a few more subscribers to my channel
2021-10-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-14 07:35
I've only had one experience of someone who had appointed themself to the DronePolice.  Soon managed to put her straight.  Usually people are interested rather than alarmed.  Those who are, I give them my YT alias and tell them to take a look in a couple of days' time. It usually earns me a good few more views and a few more subscribers to my channel

My experience is about the same,   most people are interested.  Even when they see me with the camera on the tripod it can generate some interest.  So I know have a business card made up with some links to my photos so that they can take it away and take a look.   Got the idea from a street photographer.
2021-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules