Mimo not found in App store
12Next >
58888 50 2021-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gozde
lvl.1

Turkey

Hi. I am writing from Turkey, We can not find MIMO app on the google playstore for several days now. Is there a regional restriction or something else? Does anybody know anything about this issue?
2021-10-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may download the latest version of the DJI Mimo app using our website. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2021-10-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, DJI now provides the most current versions of its Android apps on DJI's website instead of the Google Play Store. To install or update the most recent Android version of a DJI app such as DJI Fly or DJI Mimo, visit https://www.dji.com/downloads?site=brandsite&from=nav and select the app you'd like to install. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
2021-10-15
Use props
Gozde
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-15 00:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may download the latest version of the DJI Mimo app using our website. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support!

I've tried that one of our tablets, it is Samsung  it didn't let me to install the app to from apk. The weird thing is the app was available at store like 3 days ago. I have it on my phone I can see it by link but I cant find it on any other android phone, link doesn't work too
2021-10-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gozde Posted at 10-15 00:29
I've tried that one of our tablets, it is Samsung  it didn't let me to install the app to from apk. The weird thing is the app was available at store like 3 days ago. I have it on my phone I can see it by link but I cant find it on any other android phone, link doesn't work too

Maybe your region has a block on that link but it works fine from the US.  You might try using a VPN to change countries and see if you can then download.  

Which mobile device are you trying to load it on?  Make sure the device is still on the compatibility list as shown on DJI's website.  
2021-10-15
Use props
Gozde
lvl.1

Turkey

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-15 05:37
Maybe your region has a block on that link but it works fine from the US.  You might try using a VPN to change countries and see if you can then download.  

Which mobile device are you trying to load it on?  Make sure the device is still on the compatibility list as shown on DJI's website.

I've tried on several devices. I've tried VPN too but same. it is really weird it was perfectly fine just 3 days ago
2021-10-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gozde Posted at 10-15 06:26
I've tried on several devices. I've tried VPN too but same.  it is really weird it was perfectly fine just 3 days ago

Try this site.  I use it quite often and it's worked well for me.  Latest update is available there.
2021-10-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Gozde Posted at 10-15 00:29
I've tried that one of our tablets, it is Samsung  it didn't let me to install the app to from apk. The weird thing is the app was available at store like 3 days ago. I have it on my phone I can see it by link but I cant find it on any other android phone, link doesn't work too

Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm what specific mobile devices are experiencing the issue?
2021-10-16
Use props
serkansevren
New

Turkey

Dostum ben de aynı problemi yaşadım android telefonda. Yukarıda verilen linki bilgisayarına indir. Telefonun depolama alanına at. Sonra çalıştır. Uyarı verecek sertifika desteklenmiyor diye, ayarlara git diye uyarı verecek. Ayarlara gidip uygulamaya yayıncıya izin ver. Sonra uygulama yüklenecek. Ben bu şekilde yükledim ve kullanıyorum.
2021-11-26
Use props
Michaela Zahraacutedkovaacute
New

Czechia

Hi there, why I cannot download dji mimo app in Google play store? I have tried also downloading it online from the website, but I couldn't open it.
2021-12-1
Use props
RC92
New

Canada

I had the same issue of not being able  to install the APK once downloaded. The problem is that it's downloading without the .apk file extension. If you rename the downloaded file by adding .apk to the end, you should then be able to install it. That's what worked for me. Hope this helps others until DJI fixes their download.

Cheers!
2021-12-15
Use props
djiuser_eP2cYppq75Ig
New

Puerto Rico

I can't believe I bought the DJI OM4 just to find out there is no app on the Google Android store.
The DJI website claims that it is only possible to download through their website, still my One Plus 7 Pro gives me an error while trying to install.
Inconvenience?!?! Now I have to return this device because it is useless.
2021-12-25
Use props
djiuser_HwrzNxNa7UQJ
New

United Arab Emirates

I can't install the Apk of DJI mimo app on my Phone Samsung Note 20 ultra running android 11, Neither I can find it on PlayStore.
2021-12-26
Use props
djiuser_xKuv8Yvkl7pm
New

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-15 00:19

This is not working on my samsung s8+. It says app not installed. Please help
2021-12-27
Use props
djiuser_xKuv8Yvkl7pm
New

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-15 00:21
Hi there, DJI now provides the most current versions of its Android apps on DJI's website instead of the Google Play Store. To install or update the most recent Android version of a DJI app such as DJI Fly or DJI Mimo, visit https://www.dji.com/downloads?site=brandsite&from=nav and select the app you'd like to install. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

One link.. it says it cannot open link

The second androud link. It says - App cannot install.

I have Samsung s8+ and have tried all this several times. And i cannot solve this
2021-12-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_xKuv8Yvkl7pm Posted at 12-27 18:40
This is not working on my samsung s8+. It says app not installed. Please help

Thank you for your response. Can you please try to download the said application using our website? You may refer to the link below. Copy and paste the generated URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the APK, once you have already downloaded the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser of your mobile device then open the file after that, the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the APK file it is normal that it will not install. Please keep us posted.
2021-12-30
Use props
becomingcool
lvl.1

United States

Like some people in here I also would like to download the MIMO app but find it's only available directly from the DJI website? What possible reason could DJI have for not uploading the app do GooglePlay? This is extremely worrisome in my opinion. and as a result I haven't even used the damn DJI Pocket yet.
2022-1-7
Use props
Babysun
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70702 ft
Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-10-15 00:19

When the working version will be available i  the playstore? Downloading the apk from DJI isnt an option for me
2022-1-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Babysun Posted at 1-10 02:35
When the working version will be available i  the playstore? Downloading the apk from DJI isnt an option for me

Thank you for your response. As of the moment, we don't have a timeframe on when the app will be available again on the playstore. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-1-10
Use props
djiuser_0WJMpRFUfPct
New

Spain

I have over 2000€ in dji products that are now limited to an old phone with an old version. The new versions raises privacy questions and Google play store and some Android versions do not allow them.

Shame on dji, so much for trusting companies with political bonds...
2022-1-19
Use props
Sonia Batra
New

United States

I have Android - Galaxy Note 9 and got my issue resolved, was able to get the app. Here is how I did it:  
1. dji.com/ downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo[/url]  Clicked on download file from this website  
2. The file saves in "My Files", so I searched for the Settings in my phone for "install unknown sources", found the "My Files" app and selected "allow" button to allow this app to install unknown sources. Then I did the same for my Chrome browser, which it uses to open up the file.  
3. Clicked on the .apk downloaded file from "My Files" folder and then it opened and asked me if I wanted to install the DJI app.  
4. Once the app opens there are a few prompts in another language -- those prompts are just for allowing access to location and camera. Just select OK.  

I too am curious why the apps are not in Play Store and Itunes anymore, as DJI is well known and reputable. But I'm not returning my device (OM 5 stabilizer), I've heard it's one of the best ones out there. So I'm glad I found a way to download the app.
2022-1-19
Use props
Sonia Batra
New

United States

I have Android - Galaxy Note 9 and got my issue resolved, was able to get the app. Here is how I did it:   1. dji.com/ downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo[/url]  Clicked on download file from this website   
2. The file saves in "My Files", so I searched for the Settings in my phone for "install unknown sources", found the "My Files" app and selected "allow" button to allow this app to install unknown sources. Then I did the same for my Chrome browser, which it uses to open up the file.   
3. Clicked on the .apk downloaded file from "My Files" folder and then it opened and asked me if I wanted to install the DJI app.   
4. Once the app opens there are a few prompts in another language -- those prompts are just for allowing access to location and camera. Just select OK.     

I too am curious why the apps are not in Play Store and Itunes anymore, as DJI is well known and reputable. But I'm not returning my device (OM 5 stabilizer), I've heard it's one of the best ones out there. So I'm glad I found a way to download the app.
2022-1-19
Use props
fans9ab6fa40
New
United States

IthanOrdon Posted at 1-23 08:29
Shame on dji, so much for trusting companies with political bonds...

Yeah, I was looking to update my camera this evening to find that we must go to their site for the app.
Very fishy indeed if even spyware Google refuses it.
Putting my Pocket 2 and my relatively new DJI FPV up for sale. Last thing I will buy from them.
I have had a couple Phantoms and many quads up until now from them.

I don't live in China and sure as hell wont live under their thumb. See ya.
2022-1-31
Use props
djiuser_ErD7wdYv6W9g
New

United States

Sonia Batra Posted at 1-19 10:48
I have Android - Galaxy Note 9 and got my issue resolved, was able to get the app. Here is how I did it:  
1. dji.com/ downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo[/url]  Clicked on download file from this website  

Thank you so much for this post, it worked!!! Yay.
2022-2-1
Use props
djiuser_ErD7wdYv6W9g
New

United States

Sonja Batra posted how to download and open the file. I couldn't do it, but followed her instructions and it worked. I have been able to install it on my Motorola phone.
2022-2-1
Use props
djiuser_793Ev7CfHxvB
New

India

Hi Team.... I am not able to install DJI Mimo app in my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE device since it is company owned device. Can you please make the app available through Google Playstore. I was able to install the app before. Suddenly the app started breaking from last week and I had to un-install the app

Please help

Thanks
Raju Sreenivasan
2022-2-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_793Ev7CfHxvB Posted at 2-7 22:40
Hi Team.... I am not able to install DJI Mimo app in my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE device since it is company owned device. Can you please make the app available through Google Playstore. I was able to install the app before. Suddenly the app started breaking from last week and I had to un-install the app

Please help

Thank you for your response, Raju. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Have a good one.
2022-2-11
Use props
djiuser_IuvEaDC2BuqG
New

Turkey

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-10-16 04:09
Thank you for your response. Can you please confirm what specific mobile devices are experiencing the issue?

Hi, My phone is Samsung A72 I just update letest version, Now DJI mimo and DJI 4 for mavic pro both not working, then i try to download new APK file from DJI site but it cannot be installed in my phone, its big Ops I'm totally cut off from work, Help guys
2022-2-16
Use props
djiuser_IuvEaDC2BuqG
New

Turkey

Gozde Posted at 2021-10-15 00:29
I've tried that one of our tablets, it is Samsung  it didn't let me to install the app to from apk. The weird thing is the app was available at store like 3 days ago. I have it on my phone I can see it by link but I cant find it on any other android phone, link doesn't work too

Hi Gozde
once you install Mimo APK file try to not open it from browser download folder.
Go to my device you will find APK folder or download file it self, you can install letest version right away, I was facing similar problem for many days recently figure it out, hopefully will work for you too, Good luck
2022-2-16
Use props
DJI_Failed_sale
New

Australia

I have serious concerns as to what DJI have done to get their app removed from the app store! What practices are the company performing that could lead Google to either remove your app, or cause you to not comply with Google's requirements. Are there security issues? Privacy issues? Poor coding? Malicious advertising practices? Is it on the grounds of costs or to do with in-app purchases?

Some transparency would go a long way. You're losing sales because people are questioning what is wrong with the app that would cause it not to be on the app store.
2022-2-18
Use props
DJI_Failed_sale
New

Australia

Never mind....I'm starting to get a picture of what's going on here.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/07/chinese-made-drone-app-in-google-play-spooks-security-researchers/
2022-2-18
Use props
Bachi-ARG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74104 ft

Argentina

Had the same problem, investigated and solved
First: you cannot find MIMO app in google play store (same for Apple) because of concerns regarding security and privacy.
If you do not care much about "somebody" in China accessing your location, contact list and other information in your phone, go ahead and download de APK from DJI official site
SECOND: to be able to install an APK (instead of a standar APP -these beig the extensions of the installation file) you MUST change the security and or privacy settings in your phone
These are not easy to find and depend on the brand phone you are using but, at the end, you must allow installation of APK's from any source

The fast way is to google "how to enable APK installation in your (specific phone).
Be aware of the warnings that "you would be installing a not certified application from an unknown source at your own risk"
It works fine in my android phone
Hope this helps
2022-3-27
Use props
becomingcool
lvl.1

United States

Fix your app and put it on Google play! I have literally not used my Osmo pocket once because you have a sketchy ass app that is so terrible for privacy that GOOGLE won't accept it. Put it on the app store! Put it on the app store! Just fix it! Jesus!
2022-3-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

It certainly would feel safer if it was available through Play store without additional hoops to jump through.
2022-4-3
Use props
Mikko Viertola
New

Finland

Like many other I was unable to install Mimo from DJI website to my Oneplus 7T Pro running Android 11.  After downloading the apk-file and running it the installer stops. Many posts about this suggested to downgrade to Android 10.

I did however found the alternative way to install this APK to my phone:

- Google for APK Editor Studio, download and install if to your computer.
- Download latest Mimo APK from DJI website to you computer
- Enable developer mode in your Android device
- Enable USB Debugging under your Android device developer settings
- Connect you Android device to your computer via USB
- Open APK Editor Studio and open Mimo APK
- Install Mimo APK to your connected Android device.

All done and now Mimo is running in my Oneplus 7T Pro.
2022-4-17
Use props
djiuser_gVy1AUtlmUMO
New

United States

Nope, the APK won't open on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.  Pretty bad that I have a device here that I can't even use because of the lack of a functioning app!
2022-4-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_gVy1AUtlmUMO Posted at 4-19 20:15
Nope, the APK won't open on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.  Pretty bad that I have a device here that I can't even use because of the lack of a functioning app!

Can you please confirm what error message your device is showing? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-4-21
Use props
kfh
lvl.2
Denmark

This app business sounds really fishy.

Both mimo and fly can be downloaded from the Apple store, so…. Explanation time coming up.

I’m certainly not downloadning app files directly from “somewhere”. Google control may not be the best guarantee against “unwanted surprises”, but NO control at all of the App to be installed on my gear is more than silly in my view.
2022-4-23
Use props
Winston Lee
New

Australia

I'm going to save a few people today. I cleared up about 6gb of storage space before the installation worked. Final storage usage was more than 600mb. I suspect 3gb should do. Am on Huawei p20pro android11
2022-4-26
Use props
djiuser_MFAPhf00Kwrw
New

United States

This app does not work on the brand new google pixel 6, nor does it work on the 6 pro. Now I have the samsung s22 and it doesn't work on this phone either?! So iPhone is superior to dji as always it seems. When will you help the Android people... if ever
2022-4-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules