color matching drone footage with a different camera
1745 8 2021-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniel Head
lvl.1
United States

Hey dji people. Drone newbie here.
Im going to be shooting video for a short film with my mavic pro platinum. The scene will be an action-y sequence shot during the day. Not sure how sunny it will be of course.
This footage will be cut together with the primary camera. (A canon dslr if that matters) Obviously the desired result is for the two different footages to look as similar as possible.
So yeah, the question is what settings on the drone will give me the most options in post to colormatch the footage from the other camera.
Ive watched a couple different videos on youtube where they are comparing d-cinelike and d-log. I didnt get a lot out of them. But then again im pretty new to this.
Just wondering if anyone here could suggest what settings or profile to use.
thanks.
2021-10-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-10-17
Use props
Daniel Head
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-17 22:08
Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.

ok I'll do that. thank you.
2021-10-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Daniel Head Posted at 10-17 22:41
ok I'll do that. thank you.

You're welcome!
2021-10-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Youre best best is to shoot some test footage from both cameras and test colour grading them to match before the big shoot.
2021-10-18
Use props
Daniel Head
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-18 01:59
Youre best best is to shoot some test footage from both cameras and test colour grading them to match before the big shoot.

yeah we're definitely gonna do that.
2021-10-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Daniel Head Posted at 10-18 02:35
yeah we're definitely gonna do that.

So what are you shooting?
2021-10-18
Use props
Daniel Head
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-18 05:02
So what are you shooting?

Its a foot chase action scene involving several people. Blank guns and some hand to hand fighting will be involved. Im NOT choreographing it so I dont know specifics.  Gonna capture footage with a couple gh5s I believe. Additionally want some overhead and some sweeping around the scene footage drone footage.
Im guessing that maybe only 5% total of the scene will be from the drone. I just want the footage to match.
2021-10-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Daniel Head Posted at 10-18 14:00
Its a foot chase action scene involving several people. Blank guns and some hand to hand fighting will be involved. Im NOT choreographing it so I dont know specifics.  Gonna capture footage with a couple gh5s I believe. Additionally want some overhead and some sweeping around the scene footage drone footage.
Im guessing that maybe only 5% total of the scene will be from the drone. I just want the footage to match.

Now that sounds pretty cool.   
2021-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules