DNG converter?
8011 11 2015-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Anybody know of a DNG converter that will work with the DJI dng files?

Tried Adobe and no luck

2015-7-30
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

Phase One's Capture One is what I use. There are no specific profiles for the Inspire DNG but you can adjust it well in C1.  ACDSee Ultimate 8 also works with them.  My preference is DXO but it does not support the files. I added it as a suggested module but I have no idea if they will ever support it.
2015-7-30
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

alan@goldsteinp Posted at 2015-7-31 11:32
Phase One's Capture One is what I use. There are no specific profiles for the Inspire DNG but you ca ...

I have neither of those programs.

I should mention that I am using a Mac.

I have Photoshop (adobe) and Ptgui which I have not tried yet, but that is for panos.
2015-7-30
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I just tried DJIs DNG cleaner ... and after running it through that it´s still a DNG file but my iMac can actually handle the files and import them to the image library thingy ...
2015-7-31
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

w1der Posted at 2015-7-31 20:15
I just tried DJIs DNG cleaner ... and after running it through that it´s still a DNG file but my iM ...

Thanks for that. I will give it a try.
2015-7-31
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

I just tried DJIs DNG cleaner ... and after running it through that it´s still a DNG file but my iM ...

w1der

Yep it works.

What is weird is that the original file that could not be read before the conversion can now be read after the conversion. So creating the converted file is just extra.

I can work with this now. Able to open in Preview and Photoshop.

Thanks
2015-7-31
Use props
ulrich
lvl.1

United States

remltr Posted at 2015-7-31 11:46
I have neither of those programs.

I should mention that I am using a Mac.

Adobe anything should open it. Adobe invented the DNG standard as a RAW file format for any camera manufacturer to use. So unless your copy of Photoshop is very old, and assuming you keep it up to date, it should open DNG files just fine.

Also, the Mac OS can natively open DNG files (like in the Preview app) if it's a fairly recent version.
2015-7-31
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

ulrich@ulrich.c Posted at 2015-7-31 22:56
Adobe anything should open it. Adobe invented the DNG standard as a RAW file format for any camera ...

My iMac is brand new and updated ...
For some reason I need to do this step to be able to read the DJI DNG file.

I have mainly been doing video so far ... so have not been looking in to it very much as of yet.
2015-7-31
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Great ... and you confirmed that it also works in Photoshop ... thats what I was hoping to hear as I am probably getting a photo editor installed next ...
2015-7-31
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2015 open the native files just fine, but...

The DJI converter also removes the dead pixels in the native DNG files so it's worth using even if whatever software you're using can actually open them as-is.
2015-7-31
Use props
Image Ten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1192697 ft
United States

alan@goldsteinp Posted at 2015-7-30 22:32
Phase One's Capture One is what I use. There are no specific profiles for the Inspire DNG but you ca ...

+1  I requested a DXO profile as well.  No repsonse.
2016-1-31
Use props
Image Ten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1192697 ft
United States

Anyone know why my DNG files have an embedded camera profile?  I should be able to change this on a RAW file, correct?  What am I missing?
DNG.jpg
2016-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules