3638 25 2021-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mini 2's VPS is pretty good, it can follow a fairly steep terrain upwards whilst at the minimum VPS height, i.e. about 1ft from the ground, its the height where it cant descend anymore without engaging landing and you flying forwards without manually ascending.
I play around with this quite a lot and try to see how fast it can handle going forward up an incline, surprisingly it can handle full (N) speed and a reasonable incline without hitting the ground. Its a little butt-clenching for sure, but hey, one can only take so many images of a church, might as well empty the battery see as i won't use it for another flight

2021-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bashy. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and for your valued insight with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-10-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing. . I didn't realise we could do that with the mini2.
2021-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to hear!
2021-10-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to know.    Now I have something new to try.
2021-10-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's fun and scary, deffo give it a go, a steep bank is great ;) I will record it next time I get chance
2021-10-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What is wrong with churches??   

I know this 'feature'. the other day it saved my MINI2 1

I had my mini closeby but lower than takeoff spot, was standing on a dike ; drone was 4 meter lower than where i was standing.Powered off my RC to simulate disconnection (to check messages in the log afterwards)
But as the drone was closeby it did RTH at current altitude, happily bottom sensor height measurement did a great job!Bc i restarted the RC, when connected again MINI2 will do a straight line RTH at current altitude.

It flew towards the fairly steep dike up and up to where i was standing....ppfffff.

Long time ago with my MINI1

cheers
JJB

2021-10-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 10-19 03:39
What is wrong with churches??   

I know this 'feature'. the other day it saved my MINI2 1

Ha, ya can only take so many photos and quick shots of  a church lol

Yeah, that's pretty much it, its a neat not so much talked about feature, i can across it whilst bored ina  playing field that had a reasonable slope
2021-10-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Bashy, give this a look.

2021-10-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-19 06:21
Bashy, give this a look.

If it has, please compose a text in a few lines, describing the feature. I will not waste time on lengthy, self-imposing brag videos.
2021-10-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 10-19 06:30
If it has, please compose a text in a few lines, describing the feature. I will not waste time on lengthy, self-imposing brag videos.

No, watch it for yourself.
2021-10-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-19 08:06
No, watch it for yourself.

You might like media where it's not required to have a reading skill.
Thus YouTube! The media for people who cannot read!
2021-10-20
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Johnny_J Posted at 10-20 04:55

A few pictures do explain and show more than a 1000 words in a bad self exposing explanation.
2021-10-20
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

MySky Posted at 10-20 05:49
A few pictures do explain and show more than a 1000 words in a bad self exposing explanation.

Might do! Yet Most YouTube videos are mere lengthy, self-imposing brag videos. In 99% of all the videos, a text of a few lines would have explained it better. Far better! And shorter!
Yet people like to be void of school and education so I guess this YouTube Pandemic will never cease!
2021-10-20
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

If you are so skilled and expierenced, that you can judge about others, why haven't you done a short explanation instead of bothering others with unwanted comments, like you did in this and many other threads ?
2021-10-20
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

MySky Posted at 10-20 06:06
If you are so skilled and expierenced, that you can judge about others, why haven't you done a short explanation instead of bothering others with unwanted comments, like you did in this and many other threads ?

Are you dumb? You seriously want me to "do a short explanation" of other peoples stupid, lengthy, boring and self-aggrandizing videos?

BTW: It's spelled "experienced", not "expierenced". Guess I'm not enough expierenced ...
2021-10-20
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

does it mow the grass?  I'd be too scared.
2021-10-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought we came to an understanding Johnny_J, you wouldnt post on my threads and i would post replies to yours, we can reply on other peoples threads as that's different, but not on each others, we did agree to that, see here...
2021-10-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

scubaAnn Posted at 10-20 13:31
does it mow the grass?  I'd be too scared.

lol Ann, i wouldnt risk it clipping a single blade due to the props being so flimsy, unlike my P4P, now that can chop down grass all day long
2021-10-20
Use props
scubaAnn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-20 18:47
lol Ann, i wouldnt risk it clipping a single blade due to the props being so flimsy, unlike my P4P, now that can chop down grass all day long

For sure..... we might be on to something.  
2021-10-21
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Bashy Posted at 10-20 18:45
I thought we came to an understanding Johnny_J, you wouldnt post on my threads and i would post replies to yours, we can reply on other peoples threads as that's different, but not on each others, we did agree to that, see here...

You have enlarged the agreement!

2021-10-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 10-21 06:39
You have enlarged the agreement!

Actually, no, still you, I'm afraid, this is my thread, we agreed not to engage with each other on our own threads, i stuck to that, you've broken it, you just couldn't help yourself and in doing so you've proved the sort of person you really are.
2021-10-21
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Bashy Posted at 10-21 07:03
Actually, no, still you, I'm afraid, this is my thread, we agreed not to engage with each other on our own threads, i stuck to that, you've broken it, you just couldn't help yourself and in doing so you've proved the sort of person you really are.

Yes! I'm a bad person (according to you) ! Happy now?

For your information, I've asked the DJI admins to allow deletion of a comment but the intelligence of these people leaves a lot to wish for. DJI Stephen always reply with his canned answer and can never submit a helpful answer. Rest of the crew show a similar understanding.

2021-10-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 10-21 07:12
Yes! I'm a bad person (according to you) ! Happy now?

Not just me, and no, im not happy, i will be if you can start to treat your fellow members and the staff with the same respect you expect from others, then all good
2021-10-21
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Bashy Posted at 10-21 07:18
Not just me, and no, im not happy, i will be if you can start to treat your fellow members and the staff with the same respect you expect from others, then all good

For your information, I've asked the DJI admins to allow deletion of a comment but the intelligence of these people leaves a lot to wish for. DJI Stephen always reply with his canned answer and can never submit a helpful answer. Rest of the crew show a similar understanding.

Btw, I'm happy!
2021-10-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 10-20 04:55

You must not own any television sets, only a teletype machine.
2021-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules