Side to Side or Left to Right Camera Movement Issue
2984 8 2021-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CineAir Chicago
lvl.2
United States

I have a problem with my RS2 fx3 Zeiss batis lens, all perfectly balanced and checked in-app and on gimbal.... Perfect....
When I am walking with it underslung, meaning horizontal to the ground one hand on the tilta handle and the other on the legs the camera will start to move from left to right when I walk, No matter how slow or smooth I walk. I tried every setting I can think of, I am not a novice I have had ronins from almost day one. I also have a Movi Pro.
I have locked off pan or roll and both,
So what do I need to do to get rid of this left-right camera movement?
Here is a clip.
https://vimeo.com/636751439
any help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
2021-10-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, please click "Status" > "System Calibration" in the Ronin app to perform a system calibration to see if it helps. And please click "Auto Tune" on the DJI RS 2 touchscreen to perform a gimbal auto check. If you put the RS2 on a flat table, will it also do the same itself?
2021-10-20
Use props
CineAir Chicago
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-20 20:33
Hi there, please click "Status" > "System Calibration" in the Ronin app to perform a system calibration to see if it helps. And please click "Auto Tune" on the DJI RS 2 touchscreen to perform a gimbal auto check. If you put the RS2 on a flat table, will it also do the same itself?

Hi and thank you.
I have done this, reset, calibration, endlessly balanced, etc with no success. I am hoping it is a settings thing that I can change, where I don't know which or what to set to correct the issue?
2021-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CineAir Chicago Posted at 10-21 07:21
Hi and thank you.
I have done this, reset, calibration, endlessly balanced, etc with no success. I am hoping it is a settings thing that I can change, where I don't know which or what to set to correct the issue?

Thanks for the update. Could you please tell us if you put it on a table and do not touch it, will the issue still exist? You may also refresh the firmware for a check. If the issue still exists, please provide us with a video of the gimbal movement for further confirmation. https://www.dji.com/rs-2/downloads
2021-10-21
Use props
djiuser_B3A0I4sPrgf4
New

United States

CineAir Chicago Posted at 2021-10-21 07:21
Hi and thank you.

I have the same problem with my rs2. Just curious, I did the same thing and still have the same issue. Did dji resolve your issue?
2022-11-19
Use props
George_P
lvl.2
Russia

RE: Side to Side or Left to Right Camera Movement Issue [[url=]Modify[/url]]
djiuser_B3A0I4sPrgf4 Posted at 11-19 12:49
I have the same problem with my rs2. Just curious, I did the same thing and still have the same issue. Did dji resolve your issue?

What is the following speed set on the PAN axis? Can you attach a screenshot of the motor power settings? Do you use the autotune of the power of motors?
2022-11-24
Use props
Shibui
New

United Kingdom

I have this exact issue...seems a few people have this issue is there a fix in the settings? Driving me crazy for a while. Thanks
2023-7-27
Use props
djiuser_EFV0ZFdre6qL
lvl.1

United States

Any luck resolving this issue?
2-19 11:38
Use props
CineAir.com
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10492 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has been a while but yes.
II manually adjusted the speeds to slow and med and in some cases instead of medium I set it to 15.
I also stiffened the pan motor a little, that is what is causeing the issues.
After hours and hours of testing, this seemed to fix the issue.
DJI, as always no help at all. The issues with dji, tilta, small rig, they test by public release. meaning as needed when the issue arrises.
They also no longer have pro shooters they use, it is all, here ya go and do a great review. Those folks are just looking for clicks and income, they do not go into real issues.
If you went by them, everything those companies make is perfect, so buy it on thier link.
I will say there are one or two good eggs out there, but even the ones I have followed for years have turned to the dark side and you need to take what they say with a grain of salt now.
Bummer.
That is why there is always an easy learning curve for the novice, but pro use is a different dog.
They do not have answers outside of the holidy user who really isnt putting the system to full use.
And what do we expect, you're getting a huge bang for the buck, so, you just have to figure it our, after a ton of trial and error, you will find how it works.
2-19 13:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules