No Mini 3 this year?
1676 9 2021-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0sznpSoW5hVC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 314820 ft
Canada

I don't follow leaks too often but occasionally I'll get them through my google feed around September/October. For the mini 2, I remember BestBuy videos, leaked photos, and FCC listing leaks. Compared to that, I haven't seen much info on the mini 3 yet at all which is slightly weird. The mini 2 was announced on Nov 4, 2020. Are we still expecting a mini 3 by the end of the year? Of the 3 product launches announced:

October 20: Ronin 4D
October 27: Osmo action 2 (leaks)
November 5: Mavic 3 (leaks)

Be surprising if DJI didn't release it considering what Autel is bringing to the table with their Nano series. Personally very happy with my mini 2 but if they included active track or waypoints, I would consider buying.

2021-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There’s been rumours it’s coming. Just YouTube search mini 3 or mini pro.
2021-10-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why bother speculating?
All the speculation in the world won't change anything that is already in the 'pipe line' and the hype it creates might just lead to price increases.
If you 'must have' then wait a few months until the more transient/flighty 'must haves' start to sell off their last aquisition and then buy one, second hand and possibly at a significant saving, plus you might avoid teething troubles.

If care refresh is a concern then, assuming things remain as they are, you will be able to get that via a ''verification video''.
Yours sincerely, Victor Meldrew, lol

2021-10-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the price on the new mini is already baked and determined if it is going to launch in the next 6 months or less.

i would prefer that it does not launch and i hope dji gets away from winter launch events for drones especially the mini series.  i understand not everyone lives in a wintertime climate and at least part of the world is summertime but i'm not keen on buying a new drone and looking at it for the next 3 months.  it gets cold here from time to time but this season is super windy and flying a sub 250 drone is out of the question.

if you are not going to make this part of bf, then skip it.

good luck dji i wll buy one in 2022 but not before.
2021-10-26
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

They'll launch it after another round of 'stimulus' in the US, watch.
2021-10-26
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

I'll stick with the MIni 2, its a really great quad.
2021-10-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for these information that you have posted. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2021-10-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bet with the chip shortage affecting many manufacturers DJI will not release a Mini 3 before Mar/Apr 2022.  
2021-10-27
Use props
droneriffledchi
lvl.2

Latvia

The Saint Posted at 10-26 10:47
the price on the new mini is already baked and determined if it is going to launch in the next 6 months or less.

i would prefer that it does not launch and i hope dji gets away from winter launch events for drones especially the mini series.  i understand not everyone lives in a wintertime climate and at least part of the world is summertime but i'm not keen on buying a new drone and looking at it for the next 3 months.  it gets cold here from time to time but this season is super windy and flying a sub 250 drone is out of the question.

Is it so bad flying in winter? Looking at picking up Mini 2 since the price is good at the moment but winters here get pretty cold and windy as well so been reading up on if they can be flown in winter conditions and most people say that they can. You mean that you won't be able to fly only because of the wind or there are other factors you are worried about as well?
2021-10-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

droneriffledchi Posted at 10-28 03:22
Is it so bad flying in winter? Looking at picking up Mini 2 since the price is good at the moment but winters here get pretty cold and windy as well so been reading up on if they can be flown in winter conditions and most people say that they can. You mean that you won't be able to fly only because of the wind or there are other factors you are worried about as well?

yes for my location the winter season means strong winds (not just gusts) for the majority of the day pretty much all over the region which makes it unsuitable to fly a smaller drone.
2021-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules