Latest video. This time with ND filters.
1203 9 2015-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin.buckle
lvl.2
Australia

After the last couple of videos where the jello effect was quite bad, here is the latest one.
I checked the prop balance and it was fine so this is just the difference using ND filters and the jello has gone.
No colour correction/grading has been done on the video, it is just spliced together and music added.
Now if that damn problem with gimbal roll can just be eliminated all would be great.

2015-8-1
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice. What filter density - ND4, ND8?
With your gimbal roll, are you shooting in Follow, or FPV (first Person View) mode?
2015-8-1
Use props
whitard
lvl.1

United States

Can you explain what jello means? What ND filters should one buy?
2015-8-1
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

whitard, when the video wobbles, people refer to it as "jello". That's usually caused by unbalanced props or inappropriate camera settings. ND filters prevent too much light from entering the camera -- which in turn allows you to use the proper camera settings.

Here's a list of lens filters that are compatible with the P3:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#CameraP3

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-1
Use props
kevinr621
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36427 ft
United States

Nice countryside... I live in South Florida, and we don't see this type of scenery around here... awesome!
2015-8-1
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-8-1 23:54
whitard, when the video wobbles, people refer to it as "jello". That's usually caused by unbalanced  ...

It isnt caused because of unbalanced props, they have hardly to do with it. Jello is caused because of a bad gimbal, not within the optimal specifications. I had two Phantom3 Gimbals with jello and one without it, all three tested with the same props. Now my gimbal has no jello at all even in the brightest sunshine and wind becasue the gimbal is a good copy. I had the same story with the H3-2D / H3-3D. ND Filter can mask the jello effect a bit under 1/100 shutterspeed but you will always get a not as sharp image as with a gimbal wihout jello+ND Filter. So a non jello gimbal with ND filter is sharper compared to a jello gimbal with ND filter, thats the hard lesson i learned in 2,5 years.
2015-8-1
Use props
zt6kxt41
lvl.2

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-8-2 02:46
It isnt caused because of unbalanced props, they have hardly to do with it. Jello is caused becaus ...

So do I just keep buying gimbals until I get a good one.  And thank you for the good info.........
2015-8-1
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2061453 ft
  • >>>
United States

kevinr621 Posted at 2015-8-2 01:42
Nice countryside... I live in South Florida, and we don't see this type of scenery around here... aw ...

Apart from a few of the hills carved out by the river,  there are parts of Okeechobee/everglades that look just like that!

Nice video, btw.
2015-8-1
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Very nice,  I have ordered a set of filters,  just waiting to get them.  I can't wait to see the results.
2015-8-1
Use props
lukelewis
lvl.1

United States

Beautiful shots! The ND filters seem to be doing a great job, I have found they are absolutely necessary anytime shooting during the middle of the day. Nice vid!
2015-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules