Video/Photo editing software
5732 7 2014-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dan2255
New

St Vincent and Grenadines

im wondering what people are using with the Dji phantom 2 vision plus for video editing. ive tried gopro studio which is ok but very slow with the computer i use . ive also tried windows video editor but it is very basic. what are some other inexpensive editing programs that work well.
2014-11-27
Use props
briangrounsell
lvl.2

New Zealand

I use Photoshop CC to correct lens distortion and colour correct and VideoPad to assemble and edit video.

Here's a recent video

http://vimeo.com/112889922

2014-11-27
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Nice Video brian... I watched it not too long ago while surfing the web.  Are you flying a V2+ and stock camera?  If so, what settings are you using.  Your vid is one of the clearest/smoothest I've seen on stock cam.
Regards
2014-11-30
Use props
briangrounsell
lvl.2

New Zealand

Thanks for the feedback.
Everything is stock standard including default settings for the camera.
I shoot the video with widest angle then correct the fish eye in Photoshop CC, together with adjusting colour, exposure, contrast and brightness to taste. I then render the video(s) and then use those as the source for assembling the video in VideoPad.
I have noticed that the rendered video (from PS CC) is twice the size of the original output from the camera, so maybe that helps with the smoothness???
Brian
2014-11-30
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Photo - I use, depending on my mood, Aperture with PTLens to fix distortion, or Photoshop CC with Adobe Camera Raw 8.7.

Video  - I use Final Cut Pro X with the FREE CoreMelt Plugin to fix lens distortion.
2014-11-30
Use props
kamalot
New

India

I use Corel VideoStudio.

Here are my results.

I am pleased with the workflow.

I want to know how to edit RAW files without Lightroom. Is there a cheaper solution?
2015-4-8
Use props
johnk456
lvl.2

United States

i could not get the first part of go pro studio to work when i imported a video, it said trimming not allowed with non go pro, then i convert, which worked but cannot trim there either and then when try to export it hardly ever works and when it does it will just export sound or just the whole video...cant fiind anything in web to help.  i like the free aspect but not working for me,  suggestions? what is cheapest route video software that will work with the vision2 plus 3.0
2015-4-19
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

Kamalot, you can also use photoshop to edit raw files. I do not know if it is cheaper.  If you own PS it is by far cheaper, if you use the monthly charge through the Creative cloud, Photoshop & lightroom run about $10.00/month for both.
2015-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules