Firmware confusion P3P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sheinisch
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

I have read quite a lot of the posts regarding the Firmware issues now and just wanted to check my P3's Status... now I am bit confused. I thought I had upgraded the copter and the remote to 1.1.8 before I went away for a few weeks. I do NOT remember updating the devices to 1.1.9 or 1.2.6

But I remember upgrading the app on my iPhone / iPad.

So, what I did today was copy version 1.1.9 to smartcard and memory stick, putting these into the devices and starting them... nothing happened, no beeps. ?????

Now checking in the app (under "About") I see:

- Firmware or version of app is 1.2.0
- Firmware of controller is 1.2.6 ... report says current firmware is newer.

I have no idea which firmware the copter has... but it didn't make the sound of updating the firmware when I started it today. And, I know it had the file for 1.1.8 on it when I replaced that with the one for 1.1.9...

Can it be that the remote has been updated somehow automatically?
Any idea on how to I could check the status of the copter...?

Kinda confused now. Easiest was would be to take the highest firmware and got for it, but first I'd like to know my starting point.

Regards and thx,
Sven
2015-8-1
Use props
marty
lvl.2
United States

Hi Sven... I had a very similar situation with my new, out of the box P3P.

I checked its firmware version, it reported 1.1.5.

I opted to upgrade to 1.1.9, to avoid the many and varied instances of problems with 1.2.6

I ran into the same roadblock that you have... firmware on the chopper identified as newer or identical to the attempted update.

My problem.... after this attempt, the chopper would no longer connect with the controller. I would be curious to know if yours will.

I returned the product for exchange with my retailer.
2015-8-1
Use props
sheinisch
lvl.1

Germany

No problems... I have out today and made two flights with that setup. Everything worked just a normal.

But, I just checked the log of the copter... it has lots of entries saying it found version 1.02.0006 on the card and aborted the upgrade. First try was on 01.01.2014... ?!?

Maybe I have amnesia.

Regards,
Sven
2015-8-1
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

sheinisch@headl Posted at 2015-8-2 06:10
No problems... I have out today and made two flights with that setup. Everything worked just a norma ...

Did it abort because the firmware version is not newer than the present version? If so, you are running 1.2.6 and it aborts because  the 'new' firmware is the same.
2015-8-1
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

i assume the bin file is in the root directory, correct?
2015-8-1
Use props
sheinisch
lvl.1

Germany

Yes, everything is as it should be... BIN-file in the root directories of stick and card . It obviously the case that I have 1.2.6 running on both sides, but I can not remember having installed it. No matter... works despite the feeling that the copter has a lot more difficulties to connect the GPS satellites and to hover in the same  place.

With earlier versions of the firmware it went green "ready to fly" directly after calibrating, now it takes 1-2 minutes when it's in the air. And I have gone flying on open fields...

Regards,
Sven
2015-8-2
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

All should be well if you install the firmware exactly like this:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/how-to-install-phantom-3-firmware.45178

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules