12Next >
13573 61 2021-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansda26
lvl.3
Flight distance : 69970 ft
Japan

Hello, I can't use my Action 2 as a webcam on macOS Monterey. It is identified as "UVC Camera" but the camera only displays a black screen.
Does anyone work webcam function on Mac without any issue?

2021-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to restart the unit first then connect it to your Mac to see if the issue persists? If you could provide us with a short video showing the issue that would be great for us to further isolate the issue. You may also refer to the tutorial video below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2021-11-7
Use props
fans2ad16dc0
lvl.1
Ireland

#Quick Reply Here#Hello, I can't use my Action 2 as a webcam on macOS Monterey. It is identified as "UVC Camera" but the camera only displays a black screen. Does anyone work webcam function on Mac without any issue? i restart the unit sever time but still black screen any help ?????
2021-11-10
Use props
krknoppgmail.com
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem.  Just got my Action 2 today and it's firmware is up to date.  Same on multiple computers
2021-11-16
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi  Action2 uvc works fine on MacOS 11(bigSur)

MacOS 12 Monterey releases at the end of Oct 2021. we did find the issue you meet.

now we are still solving this, it is a software issue.
(there is some discussion in other forum
https://forums.macrumors.com/thr ... usb-webcam.2320189/
https://forum.manycam.com/t/inst ... camera-anymore/5750 )

2021-11-16
Use props
MrHeng562
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239311 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good to know, I'm running MacOS Catalina without any problems with WebCam mode.  Thank you for posting this.  I'll hold off on the OS upgrade.
2021-11-16
Use props
stephan0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3232 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-11-7 02:06
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to restart the unit first then connect it to your Mac to see if the issue persists? If you could provide us with a short video showing the issue that would be great for us to further isolate the issue. You may also refer to the tutorial video below for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQJMJ9vOgw

I have the same issue with my action 2, webcam is not working on Monterey Mac OS it appears screen on black. Input does appear on the list but when selected the screen is black. I am using a Macbook Pro M1 Max. Mac OS Monterey Version 12.
2022-1-29
Use props
djiuser_VjVMvdGwMbbr
New

Canada

Same issue with action 2 webcam problem. im using MacBook 2016 15" with Monterey. hope DJI team can fix this problem asap however it is spring festival holiday now.
2022-1-31
Use props
Eric Bartolo
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

same issue here tried on OBS &  google meet. I'm on Macbook pro 2021 macos 12.2. Will give it a try on windows see if it works.
2022-2-1
Use props
djiuser_xRD0iWdt5zqS
New

Chile

Hi all, in first place, I know this thread is for MAC OS, but I can't find a thread for windows... I can't use the DJI Action 2 as webcam, the firmware is up to date but I'm getting the following error if I select the webcam mode "USB device not recognized"
2022-2-10
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_xRD0iWdt5zqS Posted at 2-10 13:05
Hi all, in first place, I know this thread is for MAC OS, but I can't find a thread for windows... I can't use the DJI Action 2 as webcam, the firmware is up to date but I'm getting the following error if I select the webcam mode "USB device not recognized"

Do other USB devices work?  Have you tried another USB port/computer?
2022-2-11
Use props
juhan
lvl.1
United States

Same issue from Day 1 (in early Dec.21)... no image coming through into the Mac (on macOS Monterey, v 12.2.1).
It still is a problem, as of 14.Feb.22.
2022-2-14
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

we have contacted apple engineers and they are reviewing this issue.
so far no  ETA yet.
2022-2-15
Use props
dji_0222
lvl.1
Canada

Feb 19th, 2022 - same issue with Mac OS 12.1 - When I select the camera in any software, it's just a dark screen or the last frame from previously selected camera.
2022-2-19
Use props
fansae59dc8b
New
Flight distance : 67323 ft
Canada

MacBook Pro 14” 2021 M1 Max macOS Monterey ver 12.2.1

The Action 2 shows up as UVC Camera VendorID_11427 ProductID_33

MAR 2, 2022
The Action 2 will not work as a webcam. It will only show up as a black screen with no video output. This needs to be fixed fast by the next firmware update.
2022-3-2
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same experience of not being able to use the Action 2 as a web cam with a M1 Macbook air running Monterey with latest updates. Hopefully this will get sorted soon.
2022-3-3
Use props
netgifted
lvl.1

Canada

I have the same issue but my camera is properly identified as Action 2
2022-3-7
Use props
JKPinPDX
lvl.1

United States

Same issue here... any UPDATE on this issue... sure would LOVE to use my brand new DJI ACTION 2 camera as a WEBCAM on my MACBOOK PRO.
2022-3-8
Use props
StevenJ
lvl.1
United States

Same problem here, just a blank `UVC Camera` device on MacOS Monterey 12.2.1

Any fix planned?
2022-3-8
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yup, I have the same issue on a M1 Macbook air running Monterey. Either sticks to the last image that the inbuilt webcam saw or just a black screen when trying to switch to the action 2 as the webcam of choice.
2022-3-10
Use props
fans27ff494e
New

Ireland

I have the same issue with DJI ACTION 2 and Mac Mini M1... Shows up as UVC camera and no video...
2022-3-15
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Even with the new firmware, I am still unable to use the Action 2 as a webcam on my M1 Macbook Air.
2022-3-16
Use props
DawTaylor
lvl.2

Brazil

Do we have any fix or workaround for this issue? Firmware and macOS are both up-to-date.
2022-4-5
Use props
Wilson 000
lvl.2

Hong Kong

This phenomenon occurs after MacOS upgrade
1) You can use the Windows system to connect first, or wait for the engineer to locate the cause and complete the optimization as soon as possible.
2) Or use other non-macOS Monterey (macOS 12) version of the MAC computer.
Hope my answer can help you~
2022-4-6
Use props
DawTaylor
lvl.2

Brazil

Wilson 000 Posted at 4-6 19:41
This phenomenon occurs after MacOS upgrade
1) You can use the Windows system to connect first, or wait for the engineer to locate the cause and complete the optimization as soon as possible.
2) Or use other non-macOS Monterey (macOS 12) version of the MAC computer.

I appreciate your time but, changing my computer does not sound like a solution, not even a workaround.

You don't build a setup around 1 device, you most likely change the device, ratter than the whole setup...
2022-4-8
Use props
ttttt_88888
New

Japan

Me too (MacBook Pro 14-inch, 2021) M1 Pro macOS Monterey 12.3.1
2022-5-2
Use props
ttttt_88888
New

Japan

Me too
(MacBook Pro 14-inch, 2021) M1 Pro macOS Monterey 12.3.1
2022-5-2
Use props
knowless
lvl.2
Italy

Same problem with MacBook Air M1, all updated to the latest version both Mac OS and Action 2.

This problem was reported in November of 2021 (beginning of this thread) and DJI has not solved it yet, sorry for the frankness and honesty but it is unbelievable.
2022-5-9
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Moderator/Devs has there been any progress to this issue? Latest MacOS 15.5 and latest Action 2 FW and it's still not working as a webcam on Macbook.
2022-5-17
Use props
DawTaylor
lvl.2

Brazil

knowless Posted at 5-9 14:05
Same problem with MacBook Air M1, all updated to the latest version both Mac OS and Action 2.

This problem was reported in November of 2021 (beginning of this thread) and DJI has not solved it yet, sorry for the frankness and honesty but it is unbelievable.

They are blaming Apple for breaking webcam support. They are not even considering the fact that they should make their devices Apple compatible, not the other way around... they just expect Apple to make macOS to be compatible with their devices...
2022-5-23
Use props
Actionman
New

United Arab Emirates

Bump.

DJI, is there any update on this? Like the other Action 2 owners here, my M1 Max MacBook Pro 'sees' the camera is attached - giving it the UVC Camera name in camera lists - but cannot display an image from it. You guys made the Action 2 reliably stream crystal clear video to an iPhone wirelessly. Surely it cannot be too hard to bring that functionality to what is effectively the same device on steroids, with a cable (or without)?
2022-5-29
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Even cheap Logitech webcams can and do work on Monterey. I picked one up on clearance sale at Walmart for $10 bucks. Hooked it up and it just works. Would rather be able to use my action 2 because Logitech is only 1080p but hey, it works as advertised. They also have issues with DJI assistant software running on anything later that macOS 11.
2022-5-29
Use props
djiuser_jx4Wq2eaGzVS
New

United States

ITS NOW JUNE 2022 AND MY DJI ACTION 2 STILL DOES NOT WORK AS A WEBCAM ON ANY OF MY MAC COMPUTERS. I HAVE A 2018 INTEL I7 MAC MINI, A M1 MAC MINI AND A 2017 INTEL MAC BOOK PRO AND I HAVE UPDATED THE CAMERA TO THE LATEST SOFTWEAR VIA THE DJI APP ON THE PHONE AND MY COMPUTERS ARE ALL UPDATED TO LATEST EVERYTHING. STILL THE DJI ACTION 2 CAMERA WHEN CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER I. GET OPTION ON CAMERA TO DO FILE TRANSFER OR WEBCAM I CLICK WEBCAM., IT COMES UP ON THE MAC BUT THERE IS NOOOOO PICTURE ! IT DOES NOT WORK! IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR MONTHS NOW. I THOUGHT YALL WOULD OF UPDATED BUT IT STILL DOES NOT WORK !!! I NEED HELP PLZZ?!!!
2022-6-4
Use props
djiuser_jx4Wq2eaGzVS
New

Germany

i'm on latest MAC OS MONTERERY and UPDATED MY DJI ACTION 2 CAMERA VIA THE IPHONE APP and STILL when I connect the camera to any of my three macs my 2018 intel mac mini, my M1 mac mini or my 2017 macbook pro it comes up as "UVC Camera" and DISPLAYS NOTHING!!! WHERE IS THE FIXXX FOR THIS?!?! IT HAS BEEN LIKE THIS SINCE I GOT THE CAMERA WTF!!!
2022-6-4
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I feel this isn’t getting any attention, no comments from DJI. I’ve submitted two reports through the feedback app to Apple as well. Maybe we should be working both angles if we want this to work as advertised?
2022-6-5
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE:  DJI Action 2 is now working as a webcam in MacOS 13 Ventura!!!! Not suggesting you upgrade to a beta though. Just gives hope for those with this issue!!! Now if we can get support with other DJI software on our Macs with updated software.
2022-6-7
Use props
adriavidal
lvl.1

Spain

making the DJI Action 2 run on a Beta OS is a good new, but is should be fixed on stable release. (getting black screen on UVC Camera too (Mac PRO M1)
2022-6-9
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hte issue definitely is an Apple issue and looks to be fixed in the public release of MacOS 13 from what I've been told. Take this with a grain of salt, but I have had 0 issues with MacOS 16 and public beta is coming next month so that maybe an option for those daring enough to try it out. If you do, I strongly suggest backing up your system in case you need to roll back as with any beta software.
2022-6-9
Use props
jinthagerman
New

New Zealand

I just received my action 2 and it's not working in Ventura beta 1. Ill try beta 2 now.
2022-6-26
Use props
jinthagerman
New

New Zealand

ok no wait works now in Ventura after latest firmware update
2022-6-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules