Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI iPhone App not showing video feed
12Next >
46267 61 2014-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ferraro.christi
New

Costa Rica

Hi Guys!

after the last upgrade I'm unable to see any live video on my iPhone app. I connect ok to the RC wifi link, but after pressing "Camera" the scren changes as usual to the flying display but the image stayes black and I get a circle like the phone is waiting for the feed.

I tried taking a picture, and it works but the picture is pitch dark.

RC and Phantom firmware are both up to date. Any ideas...?

thanks
2014-11-27
Use props
DJI-Autumn;-)
lvl.4

China

Re-binding Extender with your Camera!
Try and see whether it helps or not.
And Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your problem can be solved~
2014-11-27
Use props
r.k
New

United States

I'm having the same issue after the Firmware Updates on November 28 please let us know if the rebinding works?

Overview:
a) Central board firmware updated to v1.0.2.10.
Major New Features
a) Fixed potential gimbal issues that may arise when the remote controller signal is lost.
b) Improved the communication between the smart flight battery and the Phantom.
c) Fixed issues in communication between the smart flight battery and the compass.
2014-11-28
Use props
toapaul
New

Norway

I had the same problem. Today Apple released IOS 8.1.1.  Solved my problem
2014-11-29
Use props
dgbartels
New

United States

Have had a Phantom 2 vision + for 9 months.  Have great flights and video with it.  All at once I had the problem of no video showing on either my ipad mini or my motorola smart phone.  Have done all the firmware updates and updated ipad mini to IOS 8.1.1. Also did the binding again. Can control the gimbal and take both video and photos but can't see video on screen.  It opens but is black and shows the spinning circle.  Updated all the firmware but still problem.  Could it be the wifi range extender?  Any help would be appreciated.
2014-12-5
Use props
ryanradford
New

Canada

This was happening to me. After hours with support, they eventually had me take it to a service dealer.  They replaced the wifi controller and it seemed to fix it.  

Of course now I'm having some new problems that I'm trying to figure out, but that WAS the problem
2014-12-6
Use props
dgbartels
New

United States

ryanradford@gma Posted at 2014-12-7 05:24
This was happening to me. After hours with support, they eventually had me take it to a service deal ...

Thanks for the information.  I took the quad out yesterday and did a test flight.  Everything is working great except for the video feed on the android and ipad mini.  When you said they replaced the wifi controller, did you mean the entire range extender or just a part of it?
2014-12-8
Use props
ryanradford
New

Canada

dgbartels@msn.c Posted at 2014-12-9 01:11
Thanks for the information.  I took the quad out yesterday and did a test flight.  Everything is w ...

It was just the wifi controller inside the unit. The wifi extender didn't get swapped out
2014-12-8
Use props
briandwight
New

United States

Not able to access mi DJI Vision App on Iphone 5. It had been working fine. Hadn't used the Phantom Vision Plus in a few months. Set it up and wasn't able to find app on phone, reloaded app, hit next for 7 screens then asks for login. Keep getting message that its the wrong login. It's NOT. Any feedback would be great
2014-12-9
Use props
mousseau
New
United States

Hi folks.  I just got my new Phantom 2 Vision plus V 3.0 a few days ago.  All was well with several good flights. This afternoon, while coming in for a landing the video feed stopped, giving me a blank black screen on my iPhone 6. All other functions seem to be working (e.g. gimbal control) but when I click to start a video or take a still I get a wifi connection lost error.

Any ideas?  What is rebinding?  I guess  I will look it up!

thanks
2014-12-9
Use props
gmjm
New

Australia

Having the same problem, have reloaded the firmware, have deleted and reloaded the app, have reset and reconnected with the binding all to no avail. Have tested with my iPhone and wife's iPad, same issue. When this first happened it did recover a couple of times but hasn't recovered for about a week. Also lost the dynamic home point indicator on the screen.  It did happen after I loaded the new firmware, but that may be just a coincident. Hopefully sending it away today for repairs.
2014-12-9
Use props
gmjm
New

Australia

Reply from service centre:-
Hi, there
It seems your WiFi TX module fault, you can send this unit back to us,
3/6B Railway Ave, Oakleigh VIC 3166.

Please fill in all detail in attached RMA form, and send a hard copy of RMA form and
2014-12-9
Use props
johnjohnsoniii
lvl.1
United States

How did this end? My unit has the same problem. I see a lot of others with the same issue...
2015-1-7
Use props
rhayhurst
lvl.2
Flight distance : 904442 ft
United States

Same problem here.  Can I purchase and install a WiFi Controller myself?
2015-1-7
Use props
poyer
lvl.1

United States

I have been having the same problem with my P2+ V3.  Everything works except the live feed of video to my iPad.  All telemetry and control is available through the app, and I can trigger either video or still recordings from the app.  it is inconsistent, sometimes the video feed it present and other times not.  I have had considerable success with the following process.  Turn on the remote, then the extender and then the Phantom.  Wait at least 30 seconds and until the Phantom has established sync with its required six satellites and has recorded a home position.  Then, and only then, connect your smart device to the range extender's wifi signal (Phantom_xxxxxx).  Finally open the app.  This seems to consistently work.  The difference from what I was previously doing is the 30 second delay.  I will be interested to hear if this helps anyone else.
2015-1-10
Use props
david
lvl.1

New Zealand

poyer Posted at 2015-1-11 05:44
I have been having the same problem with my P2+ V3.  Everything works except the live feed of video  ...

Yes.... I found the same thing, wait for a minute or so before connecting wifi and phone and by doing this I have had no connection issues...... At first I was in to much of a rush.
2015-1-10
Use props
matthewh
lvl.1

United States

david@ljhwhanga Posted at 2015-1-11 06:17
Yes.... I found the same thing, wait for a minute or so before connecting wifi and phone and by do ...

I am having the exact same issue with my Phantom Vision Plus.  Tried powering things up and order listed but still no luck.  Updated firmware to latest version.  Tried my iphone 5s and my ipad air.  I can see GPS status and record video but no preview on phone.  Any resolutions to this yet?
2015-2-19
Use props
Gareth
lvl.1

Norway

Having the same problem with a Samsung

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang=en

I have come to the concusion that it is a problem with the Vision app
2015-2-19
Use props
hans.ijpma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 339669 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem. I contacted the DJI Europe support desk and they informed me it's a faulty WiFi module in the Phantom 2. I have to send it in for a replacement under warranty. I'm glad they acknowledged the issue but I hate the fact that I will have to do without my Phantom for who-knows-how-long and that I have to go through the whole process of sending it in with all the risks of further complications such as endless wait times, endless back and forth communication, damage from transport, bodged repairs or loss etc.. Anybody have any experience with this in Europe?
2015-3-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

TIP: When you have this None-video feed issue. First, pls rebinding your camera with extender, try more times then try another device. If still not work, contact support@dji.com or US/EU Support, you probably have a faulty WIFI module.
2015-3-2
Use props
hans.ijpma
lvl.1
Flight distance : 339669 ft
Netherlands

Well as I feared it will take 5 weeks to replace the WiFi module and just sending it set me back 27 Euro. It really beckons the question why DJI is still selling these Phantoms knowing full well that some have this problem. I mean WiFi modules have a serial number and a mac address that will be registered with the specific Phantom in which they're placed. So if you know that a certain range of these WiFi modules have a problem then the least you could do is to replace the ones that have already been used BEFORE they're sold and stop placing them in new Phantoms.
SInce DJI failed to do this I don't see why I should have to pay for sending it to DJI Support or why I should even have to do without my Phantom for 5 weeks (+ 1 week for sending and receiving). I had a range of ideas for filming and taking photo's and the weather was finally improving. Thanks DJI for making me miss these opportunities. :@
2015-3-6
Use props
meekspaul
New

China

I had a same problem, this actually worked, thanks so much for your help!! FonePaw solution is your best choice.
2015-5-3
Use props
svetlio
New

Bulgaria

Hi guys,
I had the same problem and went through all the procedures from above with no success. I have a brand new F2V+, even the propellers are still in the box. But I decided to read all the instructions, as well to update all parts to their latest versions and that is where The "No FPV" problem came after. Originally I had FPV on my iPhone 5 and it froze just after the updates.
The solution for me was easy after a whole day of reading forums and reinstalling & rebooting: I replaced the original Micro SD card, whish is class 4 with a class 10 Lexar 133x I use on my GoPro H3.  Now the FPV works flawless!
2015-6-27
Use props
svetlio
New

Bulgaria

Hi guys,
I had the same problem and went through all the procedures from above with no success. I have a brand new F2V+, even the propellers are still in the box. But I decided to read all the instructions, as well to update all parts to their latest versions and that is where The "No FPV" problem came after. Originally I had FPV on my iPhone 5 and it froze just after the updates.
The solution for me was easy after a whole day of reading forums and reinstalling & rebooting: I replaced the original Micro SD card, whish is class 4 with a class 10 Lexar 133x I use on my GoPro H3.  Now the FPV works flawless!Update: It doesn`t! Best case scenario the FPV starts well and the freezes after 10 seconds or so, worst case it doesn`t start at all.
2015-6-27
Use props
zubairrauf
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I also recently bought a barely used Phantom 2 Vision+ v2.0, but I am not able to get a live feed on any of my two android devices, neither on the ipad. I live in Pakistan, so I cannot even ship it to DJI for checkup. Any suggestions?

2015-6-29
Use props
zathis
lvl.2

Canada

zubairrauf Posted at 2015-6-30 02:46
Hi,

I also recently bought a barely used Phantom 2 Vision+ v2.0, but I am not able to get a live fe ...

Order a WiFi module off ebay and do a search on youtube for an instructional video on how to replace it.
2015-6-29
Use props
raaddink
New

United States

I had the same problem, everything works except the live feed.   Tried everything, rebind, power on order, reset wire connections.  Would occasionally work, but most times failed.
When I connected with my Samsung Galaxy touchpad everything worked fine so that finally narrowed it down to the iphone, not the phantom.  Looking through the iphone settings, when I went to Settings/DJI VISION and turned off both Photos and use cellular data, it worked properly on the iPhone.
2015-7-11
Use props
dunco
lvl.1

Australia

I had the same issue, all I did was to change the video PREVIEW settings in the camera software for the flight camera thingy..
.changed it to a lower resolution  and no more probs...still videos at High resolution
2015-7-13
Use props
RobertPSmith
New

United States

I've a problem with the P2V video feed on my iPhone or iPad. ... video or take picture from the Vision App. I could also move the pitch up/down ... it back this week, we will see how long it lasts. hope it dose not happen again. http://www.freeiphonedatarecovery.com/
2015-7-15
Use props
jgdavidson
New

United States

poyer Posted at 2015-1-10 17:44
I have been having the same problem with my P2+ V3.  Everything works except the live feed of video  ...

Howdy,
This worked for me.  
Thanks!
-Jim
2015-10-26
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Video feed trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
•        Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
•        Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
.        Check bluetooth be sure it is off
•        Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
•        Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
•        Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
•        Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
           Try reformatting the SD card with  full format.
•        Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level.
Check the three leads going to the gimbal to be sure they are tight. Check each one closely for any pins that may have pulled up and loose.
If the above don't get it then the only remaining check is the video feed plug on the wifi transmitter under the shell.
If that's ok then it's most likely a damaged or burnt out wifi transmitter if you still see the SID.
2015-10-27
Use props
Kolpoiu
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-14
Use props
houzful
New

United States

After Roy's post , still no video!Video feed trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
•        Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
•        Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
.        Check bluetooth be sure it is off
•        Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
•        Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
•        Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
•        Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
           Try reformatting the SD card with  full format.
•        Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level.
Check the three leads going to the gimbal to be sure they are tight. Check each one closely for any pins that may have pulled up and loose.
If the above don't get it then the only remaining check is the video feed plug on the wifi transmitter under the shell.
2016-1-2
Use props
houzful
New

United States

This is their answer!

Thank you for contacting DJI, we do apologize for the inconvenience and delay. We recommend when having this issue that you make sure the operating system on the mobile device is updated, as well as the mobile app. then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Then if that does not work try using a different USB cable. If you need further assistance you can reply to this email.

This is my email to them;
As I stated I the original email.  I have updated all software, phones, iPods, iPads, camera,quadcopter,transmitter, wifi extender, wifi repeater, battery firmware, imu, uninstalled app and reinstalled. Rebind ed the wifi controller with the scan QR. Turned off the cell data. No Bluetooth on.  Still get spinning circle on smart phone although camera will take photo and video.  I cannot see it FPV.  It is worthless for my Video business. I can not take video or pictures with accuracy!
2016-1-7
Use props
robbi
lvl.2
Australia

poyer Posted at 2015-1-11 05:44

Yes..it worked for me..no idea why
2016-2-27
Use props
mazie.franklind
New

Japan

hello, I also have the same problem like that, but I used Mobiledic to solve my issue, I'm not sure if it works for you, but I suggest you give it a try!
2016-6-3
Use props
boeywong1987
New

United States

I came across this issue before, I did not fix it in the end. But I restore iPhone video with the help of an iPhone data recovery program. FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery. It worked well. You can feel free to give it a try if you can't solve the problem either.
2016-6-28
Use props
frankpliska
lvl.1
United States

I haven't used my V2+ for a few months. The last time I flew it worked perfect. I'm not a fan of upgrading my iPhone very often, only after I check to see if the latest upgrade hasn't caused problems for others. Well I neglected to check this forum. Now since I upgraded my IOS to 9.3.2 I have the FPV no video feed problem. Figures IOS has caused this problem. Darn Apple! I wonder why there hasn't been any new posts on this subject since June.
2016-10-1
Use props
fans16830736
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
I have a inspire 2, I am unable to get the fpv camera to work on my iPhone 6+ with the go4 app
There is no fpv window showing on the display in the app
Any ideas?
John
2017-2-1
Use props
P.I.C. Aerial
lvl.1

United States

Though it in the freezer for a hour or two and then try it chances are it will work until warm again. DJI should have replaced all the video transmitters in these for free the are lemons.
2017-2-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules