o(^-^)o
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hello DJI,

A few questions:
1. Does M3 support MISSIONS? Because in FLY I have never seen missions...
2. Does M3 support Course Lock for Video ? Not hyperlapse, for video ? Because I don't see it...
3. Does DJI guarantee that in January the drone is fully functional? Or will be like other drones: "Wait, we are delayed because we did not finished our nuddles from New Year..."

Thanks

PS. You can put the answers at Q&A on site

2021-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ it doesn’t look like waypoints will be implemented on Mavic 3
2/ Course lock, this has not been on any mavic since orignal 2016 Mavic 1
3/ Moderator Natalia has confirmed that all features will come with FW in January

2021-11-8
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 09:56
1/ it doesn’t look like waypoints will be implemented on Mavic 3
2/ Course lock, this has not been on any mavic since orignal 2016 Mavic 1
3/ Moderator Natalia has confirmed that all features will come with FW in January

So practically Mavic 3 is an Air2s with a H camera...?
I've been expecting a little more from a 5000 USD drone
Sad
2021-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-8 10:27

Well Air2s doesn’t have a micro 4/3 camera or a zoom camera, “Digital Zoom Function” it cannot record 4K 120fps, it cannot fly for 45 minutes, it does not have 360 OA, it cannot fly 15k , it cannot transmit in 1080p 60fps, 1080p 200 FPS 5.1k 50fps .
I believe that new features will be upgrade AT5 POI “update” Mastershots “Update” Quickshot “Update. Now these features may also be updates for Air2s hopefully they will, but I think there is plenty more for M3 to warrant the price. Dji were slow with having this fully up to date so hopefully they will make it up to those who invested with decent upgrades.
2021-11-8
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 10:43
Well Air2s doesn’t have a micro 4/3 camera or a zoom camera, “Digital Zoom Function” it cannot record 4K 120fps, it cannot fly for 45 minutes, it does not have 360 OA, it cannot fly 15k , it cannot transmit in 1080p 60fps, 1080p 200 FPS 5.1k 50fps .
I believe that new features will be upgrade AT5 POI “update” Mastershots “Update” Quickshot “Update. Now these features may also be updates for Air2s hopefully they will, but I think there is plenty more for M3 to warrant the price. Dji were slow with having this fully up to date so hopefully they will make it up to those who invested with decent upgrades.

Agree to disagree....
M3 supposed to replace M2P with a better drone...
The zoom camera is a hoax...pointless from my side...
Mastershots is not working in most of areas as 50% of country needs unlock...
360 OA proves at first review is not working properly as we have here a first crash...
45 minutes is a lie as proved to be a little past 34 minutes in flight...

So practically at this point  in timewe pay a drone with less abilities than Air2S...a camera better than A2S for slow motions but hard to tell for quality (except ProRes)...with an extra 1400 USD?
To me this is a joke.
Sorry mate...I have put in sale the Evo2Pro and Air2S hoping to have a perfect combination of good camera and decent drone...
Here is a good camera and a poor drone that is unfinished and will not provide the minimum that Evo2Pro have...
I am dissapointed as I had hopes for this M3...
2021-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-8 12:11
Agree to disagree....
M3 supposed to replace M2P with a better drone...
The zoom camera is a hoax...pointless from my side...

You really should stick to the forums you have drones on. Because you know little about drones, but tend to spend all your time whining everywhere on this forum. I’m sure Autel will welcome you to their forum. You make little or no sense and its clear you come here to knock everything. Frankly almost everything you have said in the post above is rubbish, but thankfully you’ve got it off your chest and we won’t have listen to anymore of your complete diatribe…
2021-11-8
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 12:23
You really should stick to the forums you have drones on. Because you know little about drones, but tend to spend all your time whining everywhere on this forum. I’m sure Autel will welcome you to their forum. You make little or no sense and its clear you come here to knock everything. Frankly almost everything you have said in the post above is rubbish, but thankfully you’ve got it off your chest and we won’t have listen to anymore of your complete diatribe…

Is not whining here and your attitude is not fair.
I am a customer that is spending his worked money (not your money but my money, so allow me to be very honest in my expectations), and needs to see what is DJI offering in respect of it's offer.

Until now we were very good as testers and monkeys for DJI in order to update the countless bugs on our time and money....
So...HALLMARK-Zero...allow me to have DEMANDS FOR MY MONEY...and just shhhhh-shhh if you have too much money and give no respect on members of this forum.
Late edit: stop polluting all discussions with "whining and things", trying to denigrate all fair members that have paid for their DJI products. We know you are a DJI lover as they provide you with free toys, but please have respect for US, THE ONES THAT PAY FOR OUR ... !
2021-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-8 12:29
Is not whining here and your attitude is not fair.
I am a customer that is spending his worked money (not your money but my money, so allow me to be very honest in my expectations), and needs to see what is DJI offering in respect of it's offer.

Don’t be so much of a fool , your not buying anything here on this M3 forum so whine somewhere else, most here are trying to discuss this drone not whine with constant diatribe and making no sense. If your Autel is that good go tell the folk on Autel forum, so many Autel users still waiting for that company to fulfill its promises , your needed over there, you have no interest in M3 so good bye…
2021-11-8
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 12:44
Don’t be so much of a fool , your not buying anything here on this M3 forum so whine somewhere else, most here are trying to discuss this drone not whine with constant diatribe and making no sense. If your Autel is that good go tell the folk on Autel forum, so many Autel users still waiting for that company to fulfill its promises , your needed over there, you have no interest in M3 so good bye…

Hallmark, take your pills...
As you can see in my signature, I have plenty DJI products...
I am free to express my opinions here related to this drone and expectations, whatever you like it or not...or not, as DJI is bribing you all time...
Perhaps you are that type of "guy" that still believe that people are divided in 2 clases: upper class composed of YOU, and all the rest...

As for Mavic 3, this is my opinion:
How the hell to provide a half finished drone on market asking 2500 USD and more, saying that is BEST drone, but does not have:
1. FINISHED SOFTWARE !!!!!
2. WAYPOINTS
3. MISSION PLANNER
4. SOOO DEMANDED COURSE LOCK
2021-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-8 12:50
I am free to express my opinions here related to this drone and expectations, whatever you like it or not...or not, as DJI is bribing you all time...

“Do not intermingle with people who act like " they know it all". If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-8 12:50

At least DJI has the product ready to ship out on release day
Unlike Autel in which you have to wait 3 months in lucky to receive.
When was a drone 100% perfect upon release.
2021-11-8
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-8 10:27

Give them a chance to work the bugs out of it,in which there are not that many.
Thats what firmware updates are for.
2021-11-8
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Let’s all keep some perspective & remember this is a user-to-user forum… we’re all friends here.

Nice avatar/thumbnail geodrone LOL

Hey, I’m still waiting for promised features, as well… it’s just how DJI conduct ‘business.’
2021-11-8
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

“Buy this firearm today & by January, we will add the SHOOTING feature”
2021-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully DJI will hear and add the missing options in a firmware update.
2021-11-9
Use props
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Looking forward to the Jan update. Hope they will add some video and photography custom settings as well. Someone said that those that bought the M3 already are nothing more than Beta Testers. So be it because this Beta Tester is sure enjoying my M3 and will enjoy it even more after the update. I would rather have DJI get all the features right and bugs fixed in the update before releasing it. If that means if we have to wait a couple of months I am okay with that. In the mean time I will enjoy what the M3 already offers.
2021-11-9
Use props
Baliskies is a wanker
lvl.2

Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 12:23
You really should stick to the forums you have drones on. Because you know little about drones, but tend to spend all your time whining everywhere on this forum. I’m sure Autel will welcome you to their forum. You make little or no sense and its clear you come here to knock everything. Frankly almost everything you have said in the post above is rubbish, but thankfully you’ve got it off your chest and we won’t have listen to anymore of your complete diatribe…

Grow up you farking dog.
2021-11-9
Use props
Baliskies is a wanker
lvl.2

Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-9 01:01
Hopefully DJI will hear and add the missing options in a firmware update.

DJI are too busy ringing in the cash registers! Time there was an audit on that company of chinks!
2021-11-9
Use props
Baliskies is a wanker
lvl.2

Australia

djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r Posted at 11-8 13:53
At least DJI has the product ready to ship out on release day
Unlike Autel in which you have to wait 3 months in lucky to receive.
When was a drone 100% perfect upon release.

Here's another muppet happy to pay over-the-odds for a polished turd....
2021-11-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Baliskies is a wanker Posted at 11-9 06:36
DJI are too busy ringing in the cash registers! Time there was an audit on that company of chinks!

Judging by the shipping times slipping I think you’re right. It’s been a good launch for them.
2021-11-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have waypoints in my m2z and i think i have course lock as well....gotta check.  not sure why those are not already in m3 but if they come with those features in january, i guess that's fine.  a drone doesn't have to be 99%/100% ready to go at launch but it can't be 65% either.  personally i really dislike a piece of electronics that you take out of the box and before you can use it, you have to perform a major software update.  a minor one is ok but they should wait to hear about all the issues in the field and then try to get that first major update underway at 90 days.  so i'm waiting until feb/mar to buy m3.  i hate having my care refresh running while my new drone is not ready or for me, during the winter.  i realize there will be winter sometime during that period but later on an old drone is better than right away on a new one...for me.
2021-11-9
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

The Saint Posted at 11-9 08:46
i have waypoints in my m2z and i think i have course lock as well....gotta check.  not sure why those are not already in m3 but if they come with those features in january, i guess that's fine.  a drone doesn't have to be 99%/100% ready to go at launch but it can't be 65% either.  personally i really dislike a piece of electronics that you take out of the box and before you can use it, you have to perform a major software update.  a minor one is ok but they should wait to hear about all the issues in the field and then try to get that first major update underway at 90 days.  so i'm waiting until feb/mar to buy m3.  i hate having my care refresh running while my new drone is not ready or for me, during the winter.  i realize there will be winter sometime during that period but later on an old drone is better than right away on a new one...for me.

So true.
I have seen all drones from Parrot, DJI, Autel...excepting Skydio that in Europe is not sold...But no drone was sent into market so "boldy"...Probably a new experience for DJI also.
On paper is written nice, but I remember a lot of papers from DJI that says "will be supported in next updates"...and a lot of things were not.
Remember the Smart Controller? "A piece of tech that will be compatible with current and featured versions of DJI drones"... All owners of SC now look at M3 and think "not so nice thoughts"...as is not supported...and need to pay extra 1200 USD for another SC, after they acquired a SC with more than 800 USD...

This is why we have to present the real facts here...YES, we can buy M3 and probably will, but need to be ensured that DJI will respect the deadlines and the promises...this time.

PS. LOG profile don't look OK in standard version, I have downloaded the H264 and H265 video samples raw, there will be needed a change in this as current implementation the Log profile is again not well calibrated...and I am not a man who plays with the drone at home and is OK with Normal profile, I work on contracts for chains of stores and big companies...and you go to them with good LOG grading, not Normal profile...Also I know the Sony sensors and they are far more capable...So let's hope will be improved.
2021-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules