Unforeseen RC Issues
1794 3 2015-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Prototype
New

United States

Newbie here and only 6 charges on my I1. Flying it on my property only so far and yes it's still in beginer mode plus a mono string attached with all the horror stories out there with them flying off to a 3K loss. The third flight I started walking around my yard and in one spot I starting losing accurate control? I let it hover, moved to a different spot and regained total RC accuracy. After a few more attempts and test flights I realized I was standing directly over my septic tank, Concrete/steel reinforced. I tried the same thing on my inground pool deck and the closer I got to the pool wall, Concrete/steel reinforced the same loss of accurate control. I'm wondering now if the vertical/horizontal steel reinforcement messes with the RC signal when it's underground? I've read the warnings about magnitite but if you place the RC while in use over burried steel, at what extent does the amount of steel mess with the RC signal? I'm in Florida and there are a load of burried steel utility pipes, septic systems, pools, water and sewage pipes, not to mention scrape discarded steel items from development. It's not the answer for a lot of issues but might answer a few about inaccurate or loss of RC signal.
2015-8-2
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Hey ...

It´s probably more likely to mess with the compass inside the I1 than it is to the RC signal ... but then again your saying it´s when you move the RC (not the bird) that this happens ... so it does not make sense to me.

Sorry for this crappy answer but I find your problem interesting and will follow the thread!
2015-8-2
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, maybe some of the folks that are flying construction inspection etc. can help educate us on this.  Love to know the answer.
2015-8-2
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

How did you have your transmitter antennas oriented?
Also a string because of "flyaways"?
2015-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules