811 12 2021-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Macberg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108219 ft
Germany

Hi everyone,

can anyone confirm the problem with the altitude which is shown in the fly app, which seems to gradually change into negative values although staying on / coming back to the same level?

I found this video on the problem:

2021-11-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The problem is that the youtube "content creator" has no idea what he is talking about.
The case that set him off on his uninformed rant was clearly one of driving down a mountain road.
Then he points to the minir indicated altitude difference in a different video.
Because the drone uses a barometric sensor for altitude, a small shift is common and normal.
It's always been this way and caused no problem at all.

His diatribe on how this could cause legal issues, shows further how little he knows or understands.

2021-11-15
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the issue and it's been confirmed by others with my logs. DJI is looking into it for me. I take off and return to same spot sometimes -80 feet..

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/OQN0KJVMJ1HQJ8GD4Y44

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WH3MTAB8RSXCSZWYDPKQ

2021-11-15
Use props
Macberg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108219 ft
Germany

BrianKushner Posted at 11-15 23:23
I have the issue and it's been confirmed by others with my logs. DJI is looking into it for me. I take off and return to same spot sometimes -80 feet..

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/OQN0KJVMJ1HQJ8GD4Y44

80 feet is definitely beyond any range of tolerance. Alright, but good to know that DJI is aware of the problem. Thanks!
2021-11-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Macberg Posted at 11-15 23:49
80 feet is definitely beyond any range of tolerance. Alright, but good to know that DJI is aware of the problem. Thanks!

Brian's issue is very different from what's in that video.
Brian's drone has a real issue.

The video guy is scaring people unnecessarily.
Everyone's drone can show a height difference of a few metres on landing from launching.It could be + or - but it makes no difference and definitely isn't a problem.
That's just the way that barometric sensors work.
Ignore the video guy  ... he has no idea what he is talking about.

2021-11-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-16 01:51
Brian's issue is very different from what's in that video.
Brian's drone has a real issue.

Here is another log from today. I landed at -110 feet. Also having the following issues.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/L2A5IWIRGE3VGL2H2BR9

1. When I take off, confirm home point and begin to fly I can't go faster then 10mph until I go into Sport mode then return to normal mode.
2. Sometimes the drone rises and lowers 10-15 feet on its own when I'm flying straight.
3. I get a lot of instances when I'm flying slow to photograph a ship say, where the drone will stop and not move. I have to pump the stick a couple of times.

Waiting to hear back from DJI support, they seem to be passing the issue around to the "right department". Short of returning this (I'm afraid I get another doing the same) is there anything else I can try? I did the calibrations already.  Thanks.

2021-11-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 11-16 17:44
Here is another log from today. I landed at -110 feet. Also having the following issues.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/L2A5IWIRGE3VGL2H2BR9

If DJI can't see from that data that your drone is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced, there's something wrong with them to.
2021-11-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-16 19:05
If DJI can't see from that data that your drone is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced, there's something wrong with them to.

I emailed them 4 days ago. Today I got a message:

We have cascaded your inquiry to the concerned team and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
Your understanding and support are highly appreciated.
2021-11-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

My issue.
2021-11-17
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well never heard back from DJI Support so I returned the defective drone and bought a new one.   Took a flight with my brand new Mavic 3 and still getting altitude issues...today's flight was -40 feet. Here is the log

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/BXMF8QU069F46GERS53J

Is this anything I can be doing as a pilot? I bought this from a different dealer so not the same stock and box is coded 10/21 where first one was 9/21
2021-11-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 11-22 17:28
Well never heard back from DJI Support so I returned the defective drone and bought a new one.   Took a flight with my brand new Mavic 3 and still getting altitude issues...today's flight was -40 feet. Here is the log

No .. there's not much you can do to affect the accuracy of the altitude sensor.
If it's a good sensor that's just out of calibration, recalibrating the IMU will help.
But if it's a dodgy sensor, nothing will fix that.
Perhaps DJI have stopped using the same old sensors they've been using for years?
2021-11-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BrianKushner Posted at 11-22 17:28
Well never heard back from DJI Support so I returned the defective drone and bought a new one.   Took a flight with my brand new Mavic 3 and still getting altitude issues...today's flight was -40 feet. Here is the log

Hi Brian

Had a look at your log.

End of the log is not a normal one, no landing in the log (autolanding or forcedlanding).
Drone still in N mode in the last record.

Landing position 50 meters away from your starting point.
Just a question ; is there a difference in groundlevel between the 2 positions ?

Log before: at18m50s > Sensor error. Restart aircraft (Code: 30037).; Navigation system error.
And it this log too not a normal landing, well not in log that is....N-mode all the time.

As the ambient light condition too low, bottom height sensor at the end 1.8 (last log) and 0.6 meter, at 0.5 meter it will enter forcelanding.
So too dark for a forcelanding in the log....

cheers
JJB

2021-11-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-23 08:47
Hi Brian

Had a look at your log.

I usually take off and land same spot. This flight I did land away from the home point. Now I do hand catch if that means anything. Crazy thing is this is the second drone? I posted earlier under DESPERATE a new log from today. All kind of crazy happening.
2021-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules