RC-Pro Will Not Allow Airdata UAV App to be Added
1700 8 2021-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa735d795
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2038432 ft
United States

Admittedly, I may not know what I'm doing because I never use Android OS.  I have spent the past 45 minutes trying to install the Airdata UAV app on the new RC-Pro controller (I've had it on my DJI Smart Controller for the past 18 months).  After multiple dead ends, the best I can tell is the RC-Pro will not allow apps to be downloaded.  I keep getting this message: "This Google account is not yet associated with a device.  Please access the Play Store app on your device before installing apps."  According to Google's help page this means the device isn't supported.

Any help is appreciated...thanks!

P.S. DJI Forum may want to start a new sub-topic for the "RC-Pro"
P.S.S. DJI, please consider supporting the Apple IOS because for those of us who never use Android, it's very confusing and counter-intuitive (for example, the virtual keyboard regularly takes up 95% of the screen when trying to enter information which is soooo confusing)

2021-11-16
Use props
Drone Shot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2169619 ft
Sweden

Have you tried to follow the instructions from Airdata? https://app.airdata.com/airdata-app-smartcontroller

2021-11-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. You can download third-party applications through the built-in browser or install APK files from a microSD card. ( DJI will not be liable for any permission or safety issues resulting from use of third-party applications. If an installed third-party application prevents optimal use of your remote controller, it is suggested to remove the applications or restore the said DJI remote controller to original factory settings. ). I addition I will cascade these information top the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2021-11-16
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think you might need to install the play store as it contains the prerequisites for other apps.
2021-11-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can have the airdata website sync you logs from DJI now,  Its under My Account on the airdata website.
2021-11-17
Use props
fansa735d795
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2038432 ft
United States

Drone Shot Posted at 11-16 13:05
Have you tried to follow the instructions from Airdata? https://app.airdata.com/airdata-app-smartcontroller

Thanks Drone Shot!  Using the Airdata UAV website link you provided, I was able to load the app to the RC-Pro.  A few of the steps are different than the instructions and you need to set the Firefox browser setting to allow for downloads, but it eventually worked and now my data is synching.
2021-11-17
Use props
Drone Shot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2169619 ft
Sweden

fansa735d795 Posted at 11-17 01:49
Thanks Drone Shot!  Using the Airdata UAV website link you provided, I was able to load the app to the RC-Pro.  A few of the steps are different than the instructions and you need to set the Firefox browser setting to allow for downloads, but it eventually worked and now my data is synching.

That's great!
2021-11-17
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-11-22
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 11-22 15:30
It has plenty of more major issues: it can’t put *anything* on a microSD card inside. It can’t transfer anything off via Bluetooth. When you set c1/c2 custom buttons, it resets to default after the RC “pro” is powered off. This isn’t even beta firmware. It’s alpha at best.

Side-load File Manager + to the RC Pro. That will allow you to see/copy/paste to your RC Pro. Bluetooth transfer works fine on my RC Pro.

The C1/C2 buttons reverting back to default is a minor pain, at best.
2021-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules